Well I think I may just get one and see if it's as good as the owner says. I talked with him today he was fishing out on the ocean but took my call anyway. From the pics on their website it looks to be a Stainless Steel trigger and it indeed is SS trigger and hammers assembly as well as the pins. The site also shows pics of the bolt and carrier seperately and it looks to be properly staked but i asked him and he said indeed it was as well as being heat treated and chromed. The heavy barrel version uses a chrome moly barrel also they have a lifetime warranty also instead of the limited lifetime warranty that it states on classic arms website. It has M4 feed ramps also. He said the reason they started building their own rifle was they sold Bushmaters and RRA's and he said they were tired of getting complaints of people being disappointed with their purchase. He said these new rifles are built fully to Mil-Spec's and said that alot of the law enforcement agencies including the FBI agents in North Carolina are using these rifles with very good reports. They make almost every part for the rifle but get some of the small parts from very proven manufacturers. He said they are trying to break into a very flooded market hence the low price for now to get their name out there and to make a name for theirself. I originally called RPG and got a very nice lady but she said she could not answer my technical ?'s so she gave me the number of a guy called Chuck. I called and it rang a few times then a very nice gentleman answered and we started conversing I heard a great deal of background noise and he said please excuse the noise we're out deep sea fishing. This guy chatted with me for close to half an hour about his product. I kept saying I don't want to ruin your fishing day so I'll call you later and he said no sir no trouble at all. One guy at Glock talk had said this guy was a very nice gentleman that will stand behind anything he sells. I have been doing nothing but researching for the last couple weeks and this seems to be a very good value so I think I'll give them a shot. I may be getting it next week unless you guys talk me out of it. So if I do I'll run it through it's paces and report back.

I noticed that Classic Arms is also very high on them, say they make a quality product, price it right and stand behind it, to me that's 99.99 % of what I want..cept I don't want an AR...unless it is a piston.

Yeah I'd prefer a piston one myself but beggars can't be chosers as my grandpa always said. I'm just lucky my wife is letting me get this plus a 1,000 rounds of ammo for it. The price of AR's has always been the prohibiting factor for me but this seems to be a reasonable price.

Well I attempted to order one yesterday to no avail they are sold out. I talked again with the owner and asked a few more questions as what is it chambered for 5.56 or .223 he said it is chambered for both it will shoot 5.56 just as well as .223 . I also asked what material was the barrel made out of 4140 or 4150 and he said the 4140. He also said (which I knew already) that it's a 1 in 9 twist so he said it shoots the 55 grain better than the 62 grain. He said in testing at 100 yards the difference is negligible but you see a greater difference out past 200 yards. This gentleman in my opinion is being very honest with me about his product. He said to try one out and if for any reason I wasn't happy they would make it right. So I guess I have nothing to lose by trying it if I can now get one. Classic said they should have more next week they said they're having a hard time keeping them in stock.

I pieced together an AR-15 for $450.

So far, 400 rounds without a malfunction. Not a ton, but as an AK guy, I'm surprised my "Get whatever is the cheapest" attitude to building an AR actually resulted in something I have confidence in.

Thanks for the info guys, I might look into the CDNN S&W's. I have been pricing building one and from the prices I'm seeing it would cost me at least $720.00 to build one and It would still require me to buy mags, a sling, a case, a cleaning kit, the quadrail furniture, a bipod, and the optics. The rifle that classic has the deal on is a heavy barrel, with M4 feed ramps, stainless steel hammer,trigger,and disconnector,properly staked bolt and carrier gas key,heat treated and chromed bolt and carrier,chambered for 5.56 and .223 built to full MIL-Spec's, with a green and red dot optics package, a quadrail,six position stock,sling,2 30rd. mags, new Military cleaning kit, a Harris Bipod, and a hard shell case all for $799.00.

• 1 year later...

I purchased the National Arsenal AR-15 from R.P.G. and paid $740. This price included the FFL fee and the current generation Magpul rear MBUS. Took it to the range last week and went through a box of 20 Remington UMC 55 grain. My finest group was my last one... 1 inch at 50 yards. 2 were practically touching and the other was about an inch to the right. I'm right handed so it was likely me and not the rifle itself. Fit and finish is impeccable aside from the Tapco stock. It came with 2 cheap 30 round magazines that wobble slightly. It fed the ammo like a champion. This model has the standard M4 barrel with 1 in 9 twist and chrome lining. Overall this bad boy is well worth the money, especially given the lifetime warranty. It gets my endorsement thus far. I'll keep you all posted once I get to really test it out more thoroughly.