Is this legal? Even though the thing is hacked up it is still a reciever.

edit: I have removed the direct link. do not post it please, people. - BVamp

In case it gets pulled, here is sellers description:

"You are bidding on an used authentic Saiga Receiver made in Russia. This receiver doesn't have a trunion nor a serial number. It has some custom threated holes. It still has the bridges and cross bar inside. This receiver is still in great condition with the magazine catch still attached to it. This receiver will be perfect for those looking for spare or replacement parts. Take a look at the picture and e-mail me with any questions. Look at my feedbacks and bid with confidence! Happy bidding!!!"

1a_1_b.JPG

"used authentic Saiga Receiver made in Russia. This receiver doesn't have a trunion nor a serial number"

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Buying a receiver without a serial number will get you put under the jail.

Pretty sketchy, he doesnt even say he can only ship to an FFL, which you have to do with a reciever, plus the thing is all screwed up, what the hell was he trying to do?

It's aimed at the kind of idiots who would bid on "authentic ghost captured in jar" (read - empty peanut butter container) that you find frequenting the place. :rolleyes:

Hmm.... Captured ghosts in a JAR.... I think I may have found the NEXT lucrative business venture... MAYBE I can claim they are famous people, or something to REALLY drive the sale home!!!

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

:smoke:

I just went to look for it, and I didnt see it, its probably already pulled!!!

a lot of that shit dont last onle a VERY SHORT time before the ebay goons find and yank it...

:smoke:

well, the data is (ok, was) there to search it up if you want to. providing a link in a topic to this item is the same as helping the guy sell it. I am not interested in testing the waters with an aiding or trafficking charge against myself, makc, or the topic's starter. I hope the guy pulled it himself, as i know a couple of members had said to me that they told him why it was illegal to sell. f ebay, what about that guys life? or his guns? pretty friggin pathetic way to have all that taken away from you. unfortunately something like that you cant say that you werent aware, as you all well know how the governemnt works for one, and especially how they will handle you when a gun is involved.

i think selling a fart in a jar is an awesome idea. it would have to be a real stinker though. better start brewin em up guys! some office shithead will buy it and open it at work i bet. if ebay challenges you on it, just tell them to buy it and open it themselves and have a whiff. I would think the "scent" would keep.

im sorry but i dont see the sear hole

i mean, i see a bunch of extra holes,

but the sear hole is not where it should be,

in front and below the hammer pin hole

are my eyes acting funny?

i did just get back from running

25 rounds through my saiga12! :killer:

so that could be the problem

:unsure:

From the Desk of Agent Schmuckatelli, ATF

Dear Saiga-12-ers:

OK, you sniffed me out. I'll make up a better entrapment scheme next time, count on it!

Your eternal viligance is thwarting my efforts to get our case load up for the next budget session.

Regards,

S-

just to clarify, my last post in here i am not saying something bad about texans. what my meaning was and is i should have been clearer about. what i mean by him being a texan and not knowing he broke the law is that in texas, there really arent any gun laws, so it doesnt surprise me that the guy didnt know about a "defaced firearm" and what it is.