Greasing the Saiga 12

gun digest book of the ak and sks recommends greasing the angled slot in the carrier that the bolt keys into. just in case.

Excellent!! I feel this is one of the more important places to never forget.

thanks. i read it cover to cover and now im reading it again and the number of ak style weapons the author has built, done custom work to, or has repaired is uncountable.......if he wrote it down in his book it's because it's the truth! i highly recommend it for everyone because ak's rock and there is a whole section dedicated to saiga shotguns which are the reasons why we are all here.

The Gun Digest Book of the AK & SKS: A COMPLETE GUIDE TO GUNS GEAR AND AMMUNITION, by Patrick Sweeney

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering, does anybody use hi-temp copper formula anti-seize for lubricating the contact points in their S12? Seems like it'd work well but might be messy. If not, what would be the best grease to use?

Edited by Yeoldetool

I'm just wondering, does anybody use hi-temp copper formula anti-seize for lubricating the contact points in their S12? Seems like it'd work well but might be messy. If not, what would be the best grease to use?

Antiseize is not really good as a lubricant.

It's to keep parts from seizing in a static situation, and when removing.

There's lots of gun lubes on the market but I use moly wheel bearing grease.

Edited by saigatechusa