I'm currently running a Tapco basic stock. I think the length is too short for me, and the but plate chews up my shoulder. I have added a recoil pad for the time being and it works, but I would like another stock set up.

I am on the fence and would like advice. I am am looking at the Ace folder, A Magpul-type setup or the Mako folder.

Thanks

I'm currently running a Tapco basic stock. I think the length is too short for me, and the but plate chews up my shoulder. I have added a recoil pad for the time being and it works, but I would like another stock set up.

I am on the fence and would like advice. I am am looking at the Ace folder, A Magpul-type setup or the Mako folder.

Thanks

The Ace folder, and a Magpul M4 type stock on an Ace folding mechanism are both excellent choices. Someone else will have to advise about the Mako.

Good luck!

I like the Vltor AR stock adapter. Very well made, two qd swivel points near rear of the reciever, storage tube, and allows the use of any milspec stock. It also doesnt require cutting the tang and the way its made allows for slight variation in the Saigas. Once you cut the tang, there is no going back, so make sure that is what you want if you decide to go with an Ace, Tromix, etc.... For me, a collapsible/adjustable stock offers more benefits than a folding stock.

Thanks

The Ace folder, and a Magpul M4 type stock on an Ace folding mechanism are both excellent choices...

Yep.

Here are a couple pics of my S-12 with an Ace stock, Ace push-button folding mech, and Ace internal block. ~2000 rounds so far, zero problems.

stock21.jpg

stock41z.jpg

64789256.jpg

This AGP looks like a good choice and probably what I will end up getting.

AK_Saiga_Folding_Stock_01.gif

I have mounted the above AGP stock on a customers gun, and my client loves it. It is US made, of excellent quality, and is fairly priced. It also has a generous built in recoil pad which I found works very well.

Mike

Thanks

The Ace folder, and a Magpul M4 type stock on an Ace folding mechanism are both excellent choices...

Yep.

Here are a couple pics of my S-12 with an Ace stock, Ace push-button folding mech, and Ace internal block. ~2000 rounds so far, zero problems.

stock21.jpg

stock41z.jpg

64789256.jpg

PA what type of fore grip do have on your S-12?

Thanks for the info...

I like the looks of the APG stock and the price is right. What is the length of the APG stock? Is it longer then the Tapco.

I really like the looks of the Ace folder, but how do you attach a sling?

evlblkwpnz says the stock is "8 15/16" long from the reciever and 8 3/4" long from the reciever block" per a PM I had with him. And that was noy including the pad. I have no clue how long the Tapco is so I can't comment on that.

...PA what type of fore grip do have on your S-12?

It started out as the factory handguard, then Mike at Lone Star reworked it for improved function; while doing so, he happened to make it look damn cool too. Although the handguards on Mike's current "Intimidator" performance S-12 models look similar, my particular handguard is unique. :smoke:

handguard1.jpg

handguard3.jpg