here's my saiga bought it years ago,I had the front end converted back in 02 0r 03, but it just sits in the ak cabinet since i am not pleased with it. something is misaligned the bolt carrier doesn't slide smoothly all the way up, can't get the cleaning rod out with practically bending the damn thing in half and the gas tube latch on the site base is a pain in the ass. to work.

004ut.jpg

Uploaded with ImageS003bq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.ushack.us

here's my saiga bought it years ago,I had the front end converted back in 02 0r 03, but it just sits in the ak cabinet since i am not pleased with it. something is misaligned the bolt carrier doesn't slide smoothly all the way up, can't get the cleaning rod out with practically bending the damn thing in half and the gas tube latch on the site base is a pain in the ass. to work.

Well, I'm sure that many of the gunsmiths, (both amateur and pro), on this site can help you with the carrier and cleaning rod issues, but when it comes to the gas tube latch, it's supposed to be a PITA to operate, by design. That's not a part that you want easily shifting position whenever you brush it against something. When it moves, you want it to be by deliberate effort, only.

Well, I'm sure that many of the gunsmiths, (both amateur and pro), on this site can help you with the carrier and cleaning rod issues, but when it comes to the gas tube latch, it's supposed to be a PITA to operate, by design. That's not a part that you want easily shifting position whenever you brush it against something. When it moves, you want it to be by deliberate effort, only.

Yeah, on the cleaning kit container, there is a small notch that you use to move the latch. You can use pliers as well, but on my WASR it's actually doable with my fingers, but it's still a tight fit.

Also, if you're "riding" the bolt carrier too much, it won't go in all the way. You gotta be rough with it, pull the carrier back, and just let it go. Don't be afraid! It would help if you could take a picture of your bolt carrier+piston, inside of the receiver, and your gastube.

I was told the real world break-in process goes something like this:

The truck hauling the crates of AKs pulls into the village.

A crate is pushed off the truck and strikes the ground.

The AKs and wood shards lie in the dirt.

The local militia guy pulls one AK out of the debris.

He racks back the action and looks at it.

Presto, this AK is broke in and ready for use.

• Like 1

I was told the real world break-in process goes something like this:

The truck hauling the crates of AKs pulls into the village.

A crate is pushed off the truck and strikes the ground.

The AKs and wood shards lie in the dirt.

The local militia guy pulls one AK out of the debris.

He racks back the action and looks at it.

Presto, this AK is broke in and ready for use.

^ :lolol: