Exotic Shotgun Ammunition Tests (video)

Haven't tried any of this stuff myself, thought the video was kind of interesting.

That was a good video. I've tried both dragons breath, and flechette. The dragons breath shot a shower of sparks but was far from what the manufacture says of 75 foot "flames". Looks more like one of those cones from the 4th of July. The flechette was hit and miss. Sometimes the little spears would penetrate trees and stuff, sometimes they wouldn't stabilize and just fall at the foot of the target.

I would say go ahead and try em', just don't buy in bulk until you've tried it.

P.S. That buck and ball royaly fucked up that gel.

*edit for spelling

Edited by PVT Pablo

I got ticked off at the end there about "knowing what is out there and how to properly defend against it"

Really? First off its too expensive to use in a shoot-out... I mean I hate to sound like a cheap mother here but why not, lets just wheel out a 20mm Lahti while you're at it. The bigger point though is that I doubt the guy with a shotgun is going to yell "Hey by the way I'm loaded with strung buck"

maybe I'm missing something here..

• Like 2

LOL... the end of this video was cheesy. But I loved the slow-mo video of the different rounds hitting the gel. They should've hit the gel with the dragon slug and measured temp change while they were at it.

The dragon's breath is cool, but it seems to be hit and miss. I've seen some youtube videos of some successful rounds, and some of less than stellar performance. If they were 90% good to go, I'd probably buy a couple just to shoot them and watch things burn.

The dragon's breath is cool, but it seems to be hit and miss. I've seen some youtube videos of some successful rounds, and some of less than stellar performance. If they were 90% good to go, I'd probably buy a couple just to shoot them and watch things burn.

The ones from the Hi-vel are junky, I've always gotten good ones from Ammotogo.

I gotta consider that then. Are they fun to shoot?

I gotta consider that then. Are they fun to shoot?

Joes_flamethrower1.jpg

They have their purpose ;)