How to make saiga12 shoot faster..

Well ive been a member here for a while, finally bought a saiga 12 modified with tapco stock off of my ak47 and i added a houge grip. Next on the list other than funiture is, i am wonting to mod the tapco trigger group thats currently on it, or change it to another UScomp group that has a lighter trigger pull? Any good options>

thanks

Mike

Edited by McabanissII

Red Star Arms fully adjustable trigger

you may have to modify your safety selector to clear it and work correctly, but its TOTALLY worth it.... I LOVE mine

I have mine adjusted so that I have a super light takeup and hard, crisp break with no overtravel

Short Throw/Short Reset trigger-Tromix used to and still may sell these, or you can make your own using a modified Tapco (or most likely other brands) double hook trigger asm. It's been posted on the forum some place, If I can find some old pics I'll post if no one else does. It's important that you understand how the FCG works to make sure it catches the disconnector and front trigger hook properly. Essentially it limits rear and front trigger travel to the point that it just catches both hooks and eliminates over travel in both dirrections. I've also found that in addition to shaping and polishing the FCG, bolt, and carrier that the JTE reduced power main spring also reduces trigger pull effort. RedStar Arms also makes a fully adjustable FCG that may interest you, it's a bit more expensive, but a lot more user friendly if you're not sure on the FCG modification. Actually, just tinkering with the RedStar helped me understand how all the parts interact.

Edited by 6500rpm

The TROMIX SRT is an option that Tony does on his conversions.........hand tuned to the individual weapon !!

It's not sold as a part by TROMIX, but if you're fortunate enough to have Tony build your gun, it's THE option to have Tony do for you, regardless of any other one on your list !! (soooooo fine !!)

The TROMIX SRT is an option that Tony does on his conversions.........hand tuned to the individual weapon !!

It's not sold as a part by TROMIX, but if you're fortunate enough to have Tony build your gun, it's THE option to have Tony do for you, regardless of any other one on your list !! (soooooo fine !!)

Shit...He is probably done with mine by now....did not know of that trigger......

Shit...He is probably done with mine by now....did not know of that trigger......

If Tony still has your gun, and hasn't yet sent it out to you.....it's not too late.

I'd give him a call and check about it.....you may still be able to get it !! Trust me, you'll be glad you did !!

Found a old file picture. Be aware that the points that are modded to set your stop points need to be done carefully (remove some material and check function,repeat...)and I'd do them AFTER any bolt/carrier modifications. I weld up the area in yellow at the back of the trigger and shape/grind down to set my stop point, if you had a really small set screw you could possibly drill and tap?

post-1866-010215400 1281129866_thumb.jpg

The shortened gas system that jmacken37 has posted will also cause the gun to cycle faster as the gas pulse hits the puck sooner. Ultimately it's in the hands of the user, but I think the general OP was looking for modifications to benefit the guns performance, I think we all agree that there's no substitute for rounds down range.

• 3 months later...

^^^Agreed, I have a RSA fcg on my PSl. That said, some don't like the tendancy of the RSA set screws coming out of adjustment and opt for a fixed, non-adjustable group on their 12ga. I've had this happen over time even using blue loctite. The one thing I would caution on any unit that you tweek to remove travel is to check disconnector/trigger engagement at least every time you clean. Be it normal wear, or set screws moving, the parts need to be able to catch the hammer every time and you greatly reduce the margin of error with any modification that decreases trigger movement.