Made the build list for August! Thinking S02 because I like the shorter barrel and I can't have a true SBS in WA state. (oh to have an S17...)

After a search, this was touched on once, but no real detail to help me choose one way.

Is there any disadvantage with the S02 build vs a S06 with the 19" barrel? I love the look of the S02. If I'm giving up reliability, then I'll go longer, but I have not read any complaints.

I see the weapon as 3 things

1. a primary defense weapon 2. a fun at the range beast 3. THE Best Saiga12 build so a working collectible worth the premium. Emphasis on number 2!

Not sure why I'd ever change or need to change a choke on this weapon? Any negative to the shark break Tony uses that would make me ever want to take it off?

Please don't be shy about breaking down the what I might be missing or losing in flexibility. To some 2.5" OAL may not be a lot, but 8" vs 10" SBS length is debated.

Looking to the experts for final advice.

Anyone at Tromix, which do you prefer?

Please and Thank you.

You won't be giving up reliability, the S02 is regassed for it's length.

It should shoot the same as the 18" barrel. That being said, there's a lot of variation in the way the guns come from the factory and there's no way for us to test every gun with every ammo.

I have an SO6. In the beginning I liked the shark brake and then I decided I wanted something different, a MAA barrel shroud. I was glad I had the option to do so. Later I might decide I want something else. It's nice to have options. I live in Washington, too. I intend to eventually have one of Tom Cole's AOWs to scratch my short barrel shotgun itch.

I got the SO6, too. You said it yourself...I wanted the "flexibility" that threads give you for muzzle device options. If I go short, I definitly will go with the S17. In the end, it's your money...get what you want.

:killer: