I'm looking for a video of someone loading a 20rd drum for the Saiga 12 ..I got got my Saiga 12 last week but have to wait for a background check so don't have it in hand yet, but I do have the drum and being a newbie am trying to figure out the loading procedure, any help is greatly appreciated, since I'm a newbie please don't rip me too much about not knowing how to load the drum...lol

Thanks

You take it, put it under your vehicles tire, drive forward and listen for it to explode.

Then you take $120 and buy an MD Arms 20rd drum and live life happily ever after.

Edited by Mullet Man

What's the scoop on the ProMag Saiga-12 12 rnd. drums anyway? I always thought New Jersey had a stupid rule in place that no more than eight rounds could be loaded into a semi-auto shotgun to be classified as legal here. Sportsman's Guide shows no NJ restrictions on the ProMag drum magazines they offer. Has this changed since the Supreme court ruling? :unsure:

I guess what I want to know is, if I take off the "pop-off" looking cover will it fall apart..i.e. will the springs pop out and all the inner workings fall out? will I be able to put it back together again without a degree in mechanical engineering? is there a break down schematic posted anywhere of a 20rd Promag drum?

What's the scoop on the ProMag Saiga-12 12 rnd. drums anyway? I always thought New Jersey had a stupid rule in place that no more than eight rounds could be loaded into a semi-auto shotgun to be classified as legal here. Sportsman's Guide shows no NJ restrictions on the ProMag drum magazines they offer. Has this changed since the Supreme court ruling? :unsure:

NJ law makes it illegal to have more than 6 rounds in a semi automatic shotgun. NJ restricts magazines over 15 rounds. There is also "constructive possession" laws where if the end result of a sum of parts is under control of the same person at the same time, it counts as an assault weapon. So, for example, your neighbor who doesn't own a Saiga 12 could buy 100 ProMag 12 round drums and make a pyramid out of them in the living room. But someone who owns a Saiga 12 and a drum would be in possession of an "assault weapon." I'd call the law retarded but for NJ standards, it's par for the course unfortunately.

As for vendors shipping them here, it is just a case of them being misinformed. They know what states have 10/15/20 round limits but are not aware of the little nuances like the bullshit above so a bunch of them will ship it to NJ.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

I guess what I want to know is, if I take off the "pop-off" looking cover will it fall apart..i.e. will the springs pop out and all the inner workings fall out? will I be able to put it back together again without a degree in mechanical engineering? is there a break down schematic posted anywhere of a 20rd Promag drum?

No it won't fall apart. Take a small screwdriver and gently pop-off each fastener and the cover will come

off, that's all. Further disassembly can be accomplished from there.

Sportsmans guide wont send BUIS or VFGs or assisted open knives (which are ALL LEGAL) to CA for no reason whatsoever...They are overly cautious. Detachable mags on a shotgun aren't legal in CA but if you have a mag lock they are as long as they're not over 10 rds... And ProMag makes a 10 rd drum which is Legal in CA as long as one has a maglock. The parts arent illegal, just on CERTAIN guns they are. If a company wont send parts that are perfectly legal to me, its their loss....

To the OP:

Ive seen a video somewhere on the net of how to load an AGP or a Surefire that would help, but I cant seem to find it now. Just put the rim of the shell on the follower in front of the metal lips, then push down and slide the round back then repeat with the next round.

NJ law makes it illegal to have more than 6 rounds in a semi automatic shotgun. NJ restricts magazines over 15 rounds. There is also "constructive possession" laws where if the end result of a sum of parts is under control of the same person at the same time, it counts as an assault weapon. So, for example, your neighbor who doesn't own a Saiga 12 could buy 100 ProMag 12 round drums and make a pyramid out of them in the living room. But someone who owns a Saiga 12 and a drum would be in possession of an "assault weapon." I'd call the law retarded but for NJ standards, it's par for the course unfortunately.

As for vendors shipping them here, it is just a case of them being misinformed. They know what states have 10/15/20 round limits but are not aware of the little nuances like the bullshit above so a bunch of them will ship it to NJ.

That's kind of a strange oversight for the Sportsman's Guide. They are usually asshat sticklers for following the state rules to a "T". Shit, most of the time you can't even order certain Airsoft replicas from them because they look menacing to the Libs running the state here. :unsure:

Anyway, thanks for the rules clarification, Klassy & DrGonzo! For some reason, I thought eight rounds was the magically verboten round count number for a SASG here. :eek::up:

Edited by Gaddis