Been thinking about a Khyber Pass conversation

Really dude?

I remember when I first picked up on the idea of working with this weapon system My total take on it was "if some stupid towel head in a cave can do this, I can do WAY better."

and now you want to emulate them?

If you need awful looking wood furniture let me know. I have some surplus handguards that are completely saturated in cosmoline gunk and full of various carvings, seems these guys get bored and take the bayonet to the furniture. I also have one that is cosmoline gunk soaked and carved up, that I was messing around and hit with a propane torch once if you want that too. They are destroyed far beyond any refinishing could ever fix :lolol:

You can have them free just pay for the shipping. I'll pack them really badly in a manila envelope with no padding too, I'm sure they will pick up a new set of marks from US mail service too.

I've always been a "have my cake and eat it too" kind of guy. The thought was to have a very reliable Russian crafted weapon, that at first glance looks like the AKs that we see in media clips of local militias with their goats grazing in the rocky background. I would never do anything that would negatively affect the function of the rifle. I would compare it to the guys in high school that put text book covers on inappropriate books so they could fearlessly read them in study hall. Never judge a book by its cover.