Should I sell my Steel Magazines?

I have been giving serious consideration to selling all my steel comm block magazines. With ((10))'s so cheap why would I hold onto these things? Someone please convince me that I need to keep these paperweights before I do something rash!!!

I have at least one AK which doesn't accept newer poly mags... I could hog out the magwell, but I'd like to keep them original. Plus the metal mags look cooler in older AKs with wood furniture.

Doesn't the collector in you want to hold onto a few?

• Like 1

I have at least one AK which doesn't accept newer poly mags... I could hog out the magwell, but I'd like to keep them original. Plus the metal mags look cooler in older AKs with wood furniture.

Doesn't the collector in you want to hold onto a few?

The collector in me wants to keep everything. But I have a closet full of crap that I never use anymore. I mean, why hold onto these things when they are just extra weight....

I have a total of about 20 steel and 30 poly right now. I am thinking I will sell off about ten of the steel, and keep the ones with really cool arsenal stamps.... but even then I am not being practical....

PM link to said cheap circle 10's?!

Yeah, where is the deal on the 10's?

Thanks in advance!

PM sent.

NOTE: FROM HERE ON OUT IF YOU GUYS ARE GONNA POST IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. I will not send any more PMs or links to good deals unless YOU TELL ME WHY I SHOULD KEEP MY STEEL MAGS!!!

• Like 1

NOTE: FROM HERE ON OUT IF YOU GUYS ARE GONNA POST IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. I will not send any more PMs or links to good deals unless YOU TELL ME WHY I SHOULD KEEP MY STEEL MAGS!!!

Okay, how's this. Polymer mags, like all plastics, give off aerosol plasticizers which a certain big western state has found to cause cancer in three toed newts. Since the jury is still out on a possible human connection, in the future you may have to dump all your poly mags for health reasons. And then where would you be when the zombies (knowing that this mag dumping is occurring) stage a massive assault.

Now, where are you getting those poly mags?

• Like 1

steel mags look cooler and you could make more money selling the 10s.i just keep a couple loaded cause i dont think i have to worry about rust as much

Rust, weight, poor texture.... they have no advantage and do not look cool IMHO.

Okay, how's this. Polymer mags, like all plastics, give off aerosol plasticizers which a certain big western state has found to cause cancer in three toed newts. Since the jury is still out on a possible human connection, in the future you may have to dump all your poly mags for health reasons. And then where would you be when the zombies (knowing that this mag dumping is occurring) stage a massive assault.

Now, where are you getting those poly mags?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: PM on its way for that funny answer!

Because if you run out of ammo, you can always use the steel mags to knock people in the head. ...head trauma is serious and can be fatal...:chris:

Republicans have softer heads and I could probably do it with a poly mag just as easily....Seriously guys, CAN NO ONE MAKE THE CASE FOR STEEL MAGS!!??!!

A great reason to keep them: Shipping the heavy steel is expensive, you will reach the point of diminishing returns on any sale quickly, and you'll be out your mags! Perfectly functional mags gone, little profit to show for it.

Now, at the risk of angering the lion... PM, Please? :D

• Like 1

Because if you run out of ammo, you can always use the steel mags to knock people in the head. ...head trauma is serious and can be fatal...:chris:

Republicans have softer heads and I could probably do it with a poly mag just as easily....Seriously guys, CAN NO ONE MAKE THE CASE FOR STEEL MAGS!!??!!

lol I chuckled, I like that. I just wanted to play the game. Honestly, if you want to get rid of those ol' awfull steel mages I could take 7 off ur hands to give me a solid round number of 30 :lolol:

• Like 1

As much as I would like to tell you you don't need them and to sell them to me I will advise you to KEEP them I sold off all of mine for the same reason and wish I had not , But staying on topic (1) you already own them and they are not costing you anything sitting there (2) a gun is useless without a mag the more the better (3) In extreame use steel will dent and can be fixed polymer breaks (4) In time ALL polymers age and become brittle no matter how good you take care of them take care of steel and it will out last anything else out there. This is just my thoughts on the subject but other people wanting a good deal will tell you different, But think about this why would someone tell you they are junk and you dont need them and in the same breath say "I'll buy them all"

• Like 1

1. If there were a "ban" reinstated, those mags would be like gold.

2. If SHTF, you could use the mags to barter for food or ammo.

I know what you mean about a full closet of crap you don't use. Too much junk, and not enough closets. I need to learn that a bargain is not worth having if you don't use it.

• Like 1

You don't need them. Sell em to me. Think of all the things you could do with that cash! Endless possibilities.

Pee em?

If your steel mags are cheap PM me....no that's if I tell you why to keep them you will PM me and tell me where the cheap mags are. OK if you sell them what are we going to go shooting with...my few mags???

PMs on the way. First one of you guys to PM me with an I'll take it wins the limited offer. (no one else comes close to $6 a mag these days...)

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU. thanks for all your words of wisdom. I do not need these for a club, I will not need to barter during SHTF, and I do not need them for sexual aids (Inside joke from a funny PM). :haha:

I DECIDED STEEL IS NO LONGER FOR SAL!!!

PMs on the way fellas! $22 for 40 round waffle ((10)) and $20 30 round ((10)).... Good Luck, and if anyone in the future wants me to PM them the URL, Just PM Mav. I cannot be bothered with such things tonight.... :super:

Edited by bigsal

Twenty years from now, when all those poly mags are brittle from the aerosol plasticizers leeching out, and not a single one of them will pass the famous fully loaded drop test, someone please remind Big Sal about all the sage advise he rejected on this day. I'd do it, but I'll be busy feeding worms at that time.

• Like 2

Twenty years from now, when all those poly mags are brittle from the aerosol plasticizers leeching out, and not a single one of them will pass the famous fully loaded drop test, someone please remind Big Sal about all the sage advise he rejected on this day. I'd do it, but I'll be busy feeding worms at that time.

Don't worry, in 20 years we may all be dead :eek:

Edited by bigsal