Well thanks go out to elia.jon1 for informing CDNN had these for $599.00. I was trying to get the Rocky Point GUNS new AR-15 but they were sold out. I ordered the S&W MP15 this morning so I hopefully will have one by the end of the week or next Monday. Should be a nice new toy for my collection. What handrail should I go with as I want to get a quadrail so I can put a VG on it?

Congrats, bro! :super:

What handrail should I go with as I want to get a quadrail so I can put a VG on it?

Depends on how much you want to spend.....

My recommendation for a high quality, affordable rail? The Troy MRF-DI (AIMSurplus has them for $149 and free shipping). It's a drop-in rail that goes in just like the regular plastic handguards and is then tightened up with 4 screws. I had the carbine length and I'm currently using the midlength on my BCM. Both of them locked up real tight and didn't budge. They're also pretty damn light. I'd say for the money, it's the best non-free-float rail out there.

Or if all you need a rail is to use a VFG........check out the Magpul MOE handguards. They install just like regular handguards and Magpul also makes a specific VFG to use with the MOE handguards for under $20. Both the handguards and VFG can also be found at AIMSurplus, both with free shipping.

Hope that helps.

Dan thanks for the tips and info also. I'll have to check out the Magpul stuff. I also ordered 4 of the Fusil mags they had. I'll throw my red dot on it that I got from primary and maybe get a couple more for my 7.62x39 and my S-12. Might also get a .22 conversion for some cheap plinking with it. Thanks again bro.

Dan thanks for the tips and info also. I'll have to check out the Magpul stuff. I also ordered 4 of the Fusil mags they had. I'll throw my red dot on it that I got from primary and maybe get a couple more for my 7.62x39 and my S-12. Might also get a .22 conversion for some cheap plinking with it. Thanks again bro.

No problem, bro. Let us know how she shoots when you get her. You won't be disappointed. I've heard nothing but great things about the M&P15.

I put a Daniel Defense Omega-X 12' FSP on mine.

100_7658.jpg

100_7522.jpg

100_7870.jpg

DD gear is the sheeeeit! :super:

The cool thing about the drop-in rail they have, is that even though it's a drop in and installs like regular handguards......it's actually free-float. As far as I know, no other company has a drop-in free-float.

(.......and I still want a DD lower, just because my name is Dan, and I think it would be cool to have a lower that says "Daniel Defense". :smoke: )

I love my M&P 15 but would love it more if I paid what you paid. I added the YHM Diamond FF handguard and the YHM flip up front sight. Rear sight is just a cheap UTG bought 2 of those 1 for my .223/5.56 and the other for my 5.45x39 upper. I also have the Target Master .22 conversion with Blackdog mags which I shoot it more as a .22 than anything else.

post-6703-052072000 1281466111_thumb.jpg

post-6703-015318800 1281466116_thumb.jpg

I love my M&P 15 but would love it more if I paid what you paid. I added the YHM Diamond FF handguard and the YHM flip up front sight. Rear sight is just a cheap UTG bought 2 of those 1 for my .223/5.56 and the other for my 5.45x39 upper. I also have the Target Master .22 conversion with Blackdog mags which I shoot it more as a .22 than anything else.

post-6703-052072000 1281466111_thumb.jpg

post-6703-015318800 1281466116_thumb.jpg

Nice setup!

I hear you on the .22 cal. I finally got to shoot my Tac-Sol M4 upper the other day and I fell back in love with .22's. It's fun as hell and easy on the wallet.

ChileRelleno and SuperHAwk nice looking rifles guys. Thanks for the responses also I'm still trying to catch up to speed on the AR's doing alot of reading right now. I definitely want to get a .22 conversion though and the Target Masters is the kit I had kind of decided on getting so it's good to hear another member has one already. Superhawk do you have issues with it? Pro's con's anything you'd do differently? Yeah I couldn't pass up on the rifle paying $599.00 for it well $699.00 until I get the rebate coupon sent back in.

ChileRelleno and SuperHAwk nice looking rifles guys. Thanks for the responses also I'm still trying to catch up to speed on the AR's doing alot of reading right now. I definitely want to get a .22 conversion though and the Target Masters is the kit I had kind of decided on getting so it's good to hear another member has one already. Superhawk do you have issues with it? Pro's con's anything you'd do differently? Yeah I couldn't pass up on the rifle paying $599.00 for it well $699.00 until I get the rebate coupon sent back in.

So far the Target Master has worked to expectations although I haven't tried running too many brands of ammo. Mine eats the cheap Remington Thunderbolt with no problem other than they are dirty as hell. I clean my guns pretty much after every outing anyways. CCI mini mags and Aguila Interceptors work good too but are a little more expensive and not near as dirty as the Rem's.

Thanks for the response. I can't wait to get it to see how it shoots and how much I remember about field stripping it. It's been along time since I last handled one, late 1981 in fact.

So the last time you handled an AR platform weapon..............I wasn't even born yet!!! :D:haha:

When you get it....pics are mandatory, you know! Followed up by a range report. :super:

What'd you pay for shipping from CDNN? I can't find any local dealer that has a price anywhere close to CDNN.

Well the total was $731.00 with the rifle costing $699.00 until I get the rebate for $100.00 so shipping and handling must have been $32.00. I haven't gotten a receipt yet as I don't have the rifle yet. I know what you mean about nobody else even being close in price though. I was originally going to get the new Rocky Point Guns AR-15 and kind of be a test mule as nobody else has any experience with their new AR-15. If what the owner was telling me is true it should be a good rifle at a very decent price. My problem was they were sold out of them at classic and every time I called I go the same answer try next week so when I heard of the S&W MP15 being on sale I quickly ordered one.

Thanks for the response. I can't wait to get it to see how it shoots and how much I remember about field stripping it. It's been along time since I last handled one, late 1981 in fact.

So the last time you handled an AR platform weapon..............I wasn't even born yet!!! :D:haha:

When you get it....pics are mandatory, you know! Followed up by a range report. :super:

Yeah I'm an old fart you young whipper snapper LOL :haha:. So next time we play MW2 take it easy on the old guy ok :haha: !

Yeah I'm an old fart you young whipper snapper LOL :haha:. So next time we play MW2 take it easy on the old guy ok :haha: !

:lolol:

You can hold your own. I'm pretty average when it comes to MW2, unless I'm having a lucky game.

Make sure you send in your rebate form soon! I would take the 5 free PMAGS if it were me! You can get the forms from the S&W website,its your choice of 100 dollars or 5 free PMAGS.

I'd take the $100.

You can get 5 PMags from AIMSurplus for $71 shipped.

Yeah I ordered 4 mags with it already but they're not PMags they're the Fusil metal mags. But i see one of our members had 4 C products mags for $33.00 shipped so I may have to just get those also. The $100.00 rebate will be about 1/3 of the cost of getting me 1,000 rounds of .223 or it will be a good sized chunk of a nice quad rail. As far as MW2 goes I have my good and bad games also with more good games lately. I'm really fortunate to have my wife let me get another weapon at all as I'm also having the tranny in my F-250 Diesel SuperDuty 4x4 rebuilt right now also. The piston seals on the intermediate clutch pack shrunk up so it wouldn't shift right so it means total rebuild.

Damn man I hate to hear that about your truck! I have a Super Duty too! Sounds like a great wife! Mine is the same way when it comes to guns as long as she gets one too. Today is our 5th anniversary so I got her a Sig.

Well my wife isn't quite that cool about it to the point where she wants one also, but it would be cool if she did that way I could convince her that she needs something I actually want so I'd get to shoot it also :haha:. Yeah the trans issues sucks though I knew for awhile it was on it's way out it wouldn't bark the tires on the 1-2nd gear or the 2-3rd gear shifts anymore. It would still do 3 gear burn outs but wouldn't just bark them on normal shifting as it did before. Mine is pretty well modded. Almost every mile on the truck has been hauling over 8,500 lbs. though so I can't complain too much about only getting 128,000 miles on the trans. I have all the gauges and the trans never hit over 180* and that was lately usually it ran around 150-160.

Well Friday has come and is pretty much gone in regards to getting it delivered today. Hopefully I'll get it Monday though as I am having a hard time waiting for it to get here. Supposedly getting my truck back Monday also so looks like it's going to be a very expensive day for me.

I like the TLR series and yes they are great lights! I got a TLR2 on one of my ARs and 2 of my pistols. I got TLR1s on 2 ARs and my HK USP MK23. I have never had a problem out of them! I just got a few Surefires and am going to try them out.

Thanks for the insight on the lights guys I see the MagPul MOE handguards will accept lights also so i may go that route for now to keep the cost minimal. Still don't have it yet hopefully I'll get a call when my buddy gets home from work saying it has arrived. Still waiting on my trans to get finished also. I was looking over at Glocktalk, AR-15, and M4carbine.net and they all rate the TLR lights very well also.

Edited by theDuke

Looks awesome. :super:

Let us know how it shoots. BTW, have you tried shouldering it with that PA red dot mounted like that? I had a red dot mounted low like that, and I couldn't get my cheek low enough to use it though. I had to get higher rings.

Dan, yeah I shouldered it and it seems ok to me but won't really know til I fire it I guess. Went to pick up some ammo today so maybe I'll get to fire it tonight. My buddy who has the FFL also liked it and he looked at me .357 Colt Trooper 6" barrel nickel plated and said if I wanted to sell it we could work something out for a new Glock. I may just sell it as I want a Glock and the .38 special is getting harder to find around here and the .357 is too expensive to shoot all the time anyway.

Dan, yeah I shouldered it and it seems ok to me but won't really know til I fire it I guess. Went to pick up some ammo today so maybe I'll get to fire it tonight. My buddy who has the FFL also liked it and he looked at me .357 Colt Trooper 6" barrel nickel plated and said if I wanted to sell it we could work something out for a new Glock. I may just sell it as I want a Glock and the .38 special is getting harder to find around here and the .357 is too expensive to shoot all the time anyway.

Nice deal on the Glock. Which model are you looking at? I just picked up a G19 today to go with my G23. :super:

Another + on the Streamlight TLR-1 & 2, I use both on various weapons.

You can see in my pics above, how I mounted the TLR-1 on my AR.

I've about 2-3 .16" of my front sight post showing above it, just enough to work well.

Another + on the PA Microdot having a much better cheek weld with the PA QR Riser, http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=383&categoryId=220

For BUIS, there is only the best, Troy BUIS, once again, PA has very competitive pricing.

As for the quad rail, go MagPul or go with DSGArms, they're having a great sale right now on rails.

E.g. MI drop-in non free float, http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MIMCTAR-17.aspx

Check'em out!