Recoil reduced

I have the cheapo Tapco stock on my S-12. I am planning to upgrade it when funds allow, so I decided to put a UTG slip on pad for now. I took it out today and put 50 slugs down range. It may have been the best 10 bucks spent yet! The difference was night and day. I could keep shooting if the wallet allowed. I have not run low brass through the gun as the range is slug only, can't wait to see how light the recoil is with low brass.

I was always leery of rubber pads as they seem to grab my shirt and get in the way, but this is a welcome additon.

I have the cheapo Tapco stock on my S-12. I am planning to upgrade it when funds allow, so I decided to put a UTG slip on pad for now. I took it out today and put 50 slugs down range. It may have been the best 10 bucks spent yet! The difference was night and day. I could keep shooting if the wallet allowed. I have not run low brass through the gun as the range is slug only, can't wait to see how light the recoil is with low brass.

I was always leery of rubber pads as they seem to grab my shirt and get in the way, but this is a welcome additon.

This is great to hear. I ordered one of these from CSS but have not had a chance to try it out on my S12.

I have one of those too and it makes a huge difference when shooting slugs. The first time I took my lead slinger out to the range shooting slugs, that metal plate on the butt hamburgerized my shoulder. As an added bonus it makes the stock an extra inch longer which is great for those of us with long arms. My only complaint is that it is easy to knock off by accident. I've considered attaching it permanently but I still have reservations.

I have one of those too and it makes a huge difference when shooting slugs. The first time I took my lead slinger out to the range shooting slugs, that metal plate on the butt hamburgerized my shoulder. As an added bonus it makes the stock an extra inch longer which is great for those of us with long arms. My only complaint is that it is easy to knock off by accident. I've considered attaching it permanently but I still have reservations.

What stock do you have it on?

I think the length helps me too, I have long arms and the extra inch adds much needed length. I could barley see a bruise after the recoil pad, before my shoulder was black and blue for a few days.

I've got the standard Tapco AK fixed stock (http://www.tapco.com/products/ak_modern/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=35). It's functional but I do wish it were longer. Being in California, my stock options are somewhat limited. The UTG recoil pad makes replacing the stock a much lower priority though.

The Limbsaver is a custom grind to fit model 10544 I bought here http://www.walnutcre...hmdtda19i3ksqv7

I was all ready to fabricate an adapter plate but was happy to find that the holes line up close enough to go directly into the Tapco Warsaw stock. It will probably work BETTER with a standard wood WARSAW stock because you can plug the existing holes and drill new ones into the solid wood that perfectly match the mounting holes for the stock. The is plenty of material on the recoil pad as it comes to cover a wide range of stocks.

You'll need to square up the stock so its flat on a belt sander then grind a bunch of material off from the recoil pad using a belt sander. Limbsaver has a how too on there website.

It took some work but I'm happy with the results! I liked it so much I bought another one to custom fit on my AR15.

Edited by Arnisandyz