Seeing how this board has members from all over, and several of us are veterans or active, I thought I'd post this from a local forum I frequent...

LIAR! SPECIAL FORCES RANGER 2 STAR COMBAT INFANTRY BADGE

Quick briefing so you know the main players: "gizmo5" - 11B station in Alaska, just back from the dusty poo, "gruntpain1775" - recently ETS'd 11B, also served in the sandbox. The rest are mostly forum members. And to get you started, here's how it begins:EDIT: (that forum is taking a beating, so I'm just gonna post the OP)

This will be a brief rant about what happened in gizmo's life today:

So, I went to a gun show today with a friend of mine. We were in the mood for some deals, and in general just wanted to go play with some guns. When we get there we immediately notice an individual in ACU's. Since this is on Aug 7th, a Saturday, this came to us as being odd. So, my friend and I both being active duty NCO's start to eye ball this guy and notice his badges and awards. Before I list his extensive record let me describe this individual first. 30-40 yr old white male, approx 300 lbs, Blonde high and tight hair cut and a goofy overall appearance. He was wearing glasses on the back of his head, a belt on the outside of his ACU top full of gadgets and a radio with a hand mic wrapped around him self and clipped on his uniform.

I wanted a closer look at this guy so I told my buddy I would be right back and conducted some good ole fashion recon. He was at the polaris dealer talking to the sales rep about buying 4 quads "for his guys." I jumped in the conversation

Me: Jokingly "4! Can I have one!"

He chuckled and I asked him what unit he was in.

Him:"10th Special Forces."

Me: "Really? What are you guys doing up here?"

Him: "Oh Im just helping out some friends of mine"

I took note of all his uniform bits and pieces and walked away. He went about his business and I later confronted him again and asked him if I could talk to him outside. He and I walked out to the back of the gun show and I began to ask him a series of questions that only an individual with his experience would know. He failed miserably and I then decided to level with him. I produced my ID and asked for his. He told me it was in his car so I said lets go get it. Of course he did not have one and I began to lay into him. I yelled at him for a good 30 minutes and made him remove all the items he had never earned on his uniform. I called him plenty of names and said that he was wearing a uniform that my friends have died in, and that he didn't even deserve to touch one.

This guy began to apologize and back pedal, and asked me not to "tell on him." I began to tear into him and lower his self esteem even more hoping that he attempts suicide tonight.

All in all this is everything he lied about and what he was wearing:

Special Forces Qualification

Ranger Qualification

Airborne Qualification

Combat Infantryman Badge with 2 stars

Senior Parachutist Badge

Air Assault Badge

Military Police Badge

US ARMY Tape

and last but not least, Captain Rank.

Later people came up to me and told me what he had told others about himself:

He has served 20 yrs in the Army

He just came back from a 49 month deployment from Afganaland

He goes back and forth all of the time on "Special Mission"

Here are some iphone pics I took:

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Everything I made him take off of his uniform

1.jpg

Note: I didnt post all the pics nor some of the text..

Edited by hma153
  • Like 2

What a joke this guy is.....booo.gif I'd say he deserves an ass whoopin for disrespecting that uniform. Some people's children....

ETA: I doubt ANY Special Forces would have a nasty gut like that.... especially after coming back from a 49 month tour....

Edited by DrGonZo

I worked with a guy like that. He got hired and he was always talking about his days in the Marines and all the cool shit he did. Everything from talking about his tour in Iraq non stop, to the girls he had so many wild nights with, to outrageous stuff like "getting to play Vice City on PS2 with the Drill Instructor because he was so good in boot camp" and all sorts of ridiculous nonsense. There were a lot of veterans at my old job (maybe ~25% and since most of us were in our 20's the majority had been to Iraq or Afghanistan. He'd be constantly talking with everyone every day about his awesome time in the Marines.

His father also worked for the company, and I guess that after maybe a month of listening to his son rattle on and on all day about his military exploits, he finally spilled the beans to a couple people.

His son joined the Marines, went to boot camp, broke his leg pretty badly about 2 weeks in, and got a medical discharge. :lolol:

As for the clown in the article, I'm glad the guy took him outside and let him have it. That's just pathetic.

Edited by Classy Kalashnikov

I have noticed from Tattooing soldiers that they(real soldiers) never seem to talk about soldiering. You really have to ask a few questions to get em talking about it. Most seen more than happy to blend back into civilian life.

The folks who brag are usually the phony baloney's.

Had a guy in the shop bragging about his extensive tour of the middle east as a U.S. Marine, and as a "Mercenary". Getting his giant skulls and "omerta" tattoo. So he is bragging and yacking away while getting a tattoo that represents NOT talking about that shit. Saying each of the skulls he got represents a guy he killed. Yeah right.

So I tell an actual Real Marine I know who is now a recruiting officer, well guess what.....He knows who the guy I am talking about is...Turns out he's a Wash out! Couldn't hack it got tossed out.

My girl was raised by a Marine who did a couple of tours in Vietnam and even she told me he was a phony when we saw him at the bar showing off his tattoos and telling his stories that he is "not supposed to talk about".

It is all good to admire and respect our soldiers to the nth degree, but to pretend to be one is really fucked up shit. Plain and simple! Sign up, or shut up!

How disrespectful can you be? If you are over the age of 12, Don't "Play Soldier".

• Like 1

From reading the thread at georgiapacking.org and additional info on this pathetic asswipe linked there, it sounds like he might actually be delusional enough to believe that he's in the military. :wacko:

Regardless, that doesn't excuse his extremely disrespectful, (not to mention illegal), actions. This guy needs some more prison time, (he's already a convicted felon).

I have noticed from Tattooing soldiers that they(real soldiers) never seem to talk about soldiering. You really have to ask a few questions to get em talking about it. Most seen more than happy to blend back into civilian life.

The folks who brag are usually the phony baloney's.

Had a guy in the shop bragging about his extensive tour of the middle east as a U.S. Marine, and as a "Mercenary". Getting his giant skulls and "omerta" tattoo. So he is bragging and yacking away while getting a tattoo that represents NOT talking about that shit. Saying each of the skulls he got represents a guy he killed. Yeah right.

So I tell an actual Real Marine I know who is now a recruiting officer, well guess what.....He knows who the guy I am talking about is...Turns out he's a Wash out! Couldn't hack it got tossed out.

My girl was raised by a Marine who did a couple of tours in Vietnam and even she told me he was a phony when we saw him at the bar showing off his tattoos and telling his stories that he is "not supposed to talk about".

It is all good to admire and respect our soldiers to the nth degree, but to pretend to be one is really fucked up shit. Plain and simple! Sign up, or shut up!

How disrespectful can you be? If you are over the age of 12, Don't "Play Soldier".

Yup. Known a few and it was like pulling nails to get them to talk about it.

What was he thinking that GUT and SF and Ranger. Plus in general just because you have your bullwinkles, jumpmaster, and combat infantry does not mean you where them. plus not having his rank on. unless it was under his mike. if anyone in group ever get a hold of this guy it will not be good. It is really sad what some people will do.

• Like 1

All that and he claimed getting out as a Captain? Man, with all his big lies he could have at least gone for light colonel.

Disgusting.

It irks me when I just see a bunch of airsoft kids with fatigues.

But this guy takes the cake and eats it.

And it shows, too. :eek: My favorite line from the original thread:

"Well in his defense that spare tire of his IS large enough to fit a Stryker." :lolol:

But no, really, someone kick his ass.

:nonono:

• Like 1

I have noticed from Tattooing soldiers that they(real soldiers) never seem to talk about soldiering.

My dad was in vietnam and I have never heard him talk about it. I only know about part of his time there from what he told my grandfather. The only time he ever told me about his service was the part after VN when they shipped him to Germany. I heard about all the great women and Grolsch beer. My brothers never knew any of the story until I mentioned it to them after my grandfathers passing.

Also, my Grandfather was in the Navy 6 years during WWII followed by Merchant Marines for 10 years following. My Great Uncle was also in WWII but never made it home from Italy. I also had relatives in the Civil War, Mexican - American War, and Revolutinary War. So I am very glad these guys busted this guys chops on this and I hope he gets his due punishment.

Edited by GregM1

Sickening! Not only does this guy deserve an ass whoopin, he deserved a run in with the law. No telling who he is taking advantage of with his bullshit fraud.

Think he should be tossed in with some veterans that have just come home from a real tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I know of that was anywhere near a 49-monther was WWII, where as an enlisted once you shipped overseas you weren't comin' home until either victory or you were too banged-up to continue as a soldier.

Do bear in mind, though, that while I am a military-history student raised by a WWII veteran, my involvement in these matters has been through observation and association but unfortunately not experience.

Edited by Diamondback

Just saw on the news that the laws are going to PROTECT idiots like this. Its now not against any law to impersonate a former soldier, marine, or sailor. There WAS a law called "The Stolen Valor Act" that made it illegal to wear fake or not earned uniform items, apparently the LAW is unconstitutional because it violates free speech. The right to LIE about military service. I've never been in the military, and would never claim to have been. idiots like that guy make me sick....

Edited by icefire

For the ten millionth time: The Stolen Valor Act is still there, and still prevents you legally from possessing or wearing military awards you have not earned. The only thing that is considered unconstitutional (and rightly so in my opinion) is charging people for lying about it verbally. Talking out of your ass isn't against the law, or we would all be in very serious trouble.

I can say to you "I'm an Army Ranger" all I want, regardless of how ludicrous it is ( :angry: allow women in infantry plzkthxbai), and as much as you'd all hate me and think me an idiot, it's still perfectly legal. However, as soon as I say "Here, look, this is the Purple Heart I earned fighting in Afghanistan," then the handcuffs come out.

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster

Those who have put on a uniform know what kind of disrespect this is. Those who have not see nothing wrong with heading to Joe's Army Navy and buying that which can only be earned. Thank the Libtards for trying to strike down the Stolen Valor Act. "There's no news in the truth, and there's no truth in the news."

You know, that reminds me: I knew a guy in college, this artsy-folksy guy (skinny, pale, black woolen double-buttoned jacket and a red ascot, drank a lot of designer coffee, you get the picture) who wasn't actually claiming to be anything he wasn't, but he wore US Army Captain's bars and a parachutist badge from WWII on his jacket, along with some Soviet military pin. All I said to him about it was "You know, I'd say something to you about how wrong that is, but it's not really my business. Just understand that, one of these days, you're going to meet an old veteran and he's just gonna look at you, and he's gonna kick your ass for wearing that stuff."

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster

I can't stand those frauds out there. I'd like to stomp those jump wings through his chest. I earned my airborne wings unlike that fat slob. Makes me sick see him parading around with the a long tab and ranger tab.

On top of it all the turd could even get the right color beret to go with his heap of lies