http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54

Looks pretty cool. It's got some weird new kill-streak rewards, such as the RC car bomb :lolol: . Also, in the very beginning, it appears you can somehow setup a camera and see what it sees, on a small screen at the top left corner of your screen. I'm not sure how you get that though, as it shows it already set up when the guy get's the first kill of the match. So I don't see how it can be a kill-streak reward (unless it's a game mode with multiple rounds, and he got it in the previous round).

There's already tons of bitching about it on Arfcom. Maybe I'm not enough of a hardcore gamer to care how ridiculous and unreal it is. It looks like fun.

EDIT: Check this one for some explanations of what we're seeing: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-call-of/702709

Edited by -Shooter-
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

what..no Saiga 12?

I keep hearing conflicting info, but I haven't read up much on the background setting of the game. Last I heard, it was Vietnam-era which would mean no S12's. But given some of the technology shown in the game.........I have no idea.

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for that matter). Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal, and yet they cry that Call of Duty isn't realistic.

^^^ this

Wolfenstein, quake, doom,....man they rocked in their day...

So is this home console only or is there a PC version??

I'm assuming it'll be on PC too. Every other COD installment was.

Looks pretty cool. I have played any of the other CODs other than 4 because they all....well suck. Hope this one is good...and on the PC

My first FPS multi-player was COD4. It got me hooked. That being said, I still like MW2. I only play Hardcore S&D though (except when I team up with TheDuke and some others here and on other forums for some good ol' TDM!)

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for that matter). Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Unreal, and yet they cry that Call of Duty isn't realistic.

Well freaking said.

It's a video game, for shit's sake. If it were as realistic as some people want it to be, it would be no fun at all.

• Like 1

Well freaking said.

It's a video game, for shit's sake. If it were as realistic as some people want it to be, it would be no fun at all.

Exactly! What do they want to do, have to sight in their virtual rifle every time they unlock a new red dot/ACOG? :lolol:

So is this home console only or is there a PC version??

Looks pretty cool. I have played any of the other CODs other than 4 because they all....well suck. Hope this one is good...and on the PC

My first FPS multi-player was COD4. It got me hooked. That being said, I still like MW2. I only play Hardcore S&D though (except when I team up with TheDuke and some others here and on other forums for some good ol' TDM!)

Well freaking said.

(Most) Everyone that bitches about the game "not being realistic" is actually complaining about the latency issues that are present due to terrible lag caused by a SHIT server system. Its "not realistic" when you shoot someone several times and they keep running, then turn and look at you and shoot and kill you. This is usually caused by a bad host or severe latency from a host that is British or Aussie. As long as they stick with the plan for dedicated servers, there shouldn't as much latency. IMO they need to improve the host evaluation system so it re-evaluates a host multiple times throughout the game.

As far as I understood it, the timeline of the game spans from Vietnam to present showing important SpecOps missions that have affected history.

Shooter, you should hit me up some time. HC TDM is awesome, I could paly it all day for hours. S&D is cool too, but I like just about anything hardcore. Those weeney servers are lame. :lolol: I like to fly around spewin rounds.

I cant promise I wont be banned from a few servers though, some people just get butt hurt on the internet.

Edited by Chevyman097

I'm sure I'll end up getting it. Yeah MW2 has it's quirks but coming from my perspective I grew up in a time when PONG was all we had in the way of video games and that wasn't until my mid teens IIRC. These games have come along way from that and though I don't like shooting someone with a half a mag to drop them it's still fun. The game I'm really looking forward to is the new Medal Of Honor game that will be coming out this year I have heard nothing but good reviews of it.

Shooter, you should hit me up some time. HC TDM is awesome, I could paly it all day for hours. S&D is cool too, but I like just about anything hardcore. Those weeney servers are lame. :lolol: I like to fly around spewin rounds.

I cant promise I wont be banned from a few servers though, some people just get butt hurt on the internet.

I'm on PS3, bro. I'm assuming you're on PC?

DOh! PC > all others.

I'm on PS3, bro. I'm assuming you're on PC?

DOh! PC > all others.

So I hear. :D

I'm too cheap to buy a PC system to run a game like MW2 to it's fullest extent. Plus, I've had all the Playstations, so I'm used to the controls and whatnot (also, 99% of my friends are on PS3, so the choice was easy).

COD3 was not. There were also some XBox/PS2 exclusive spin offs, such The Big Red One, etc. This one will be on the PC tho.

Oh, really? Woops. Didn't know that. :beaten:

Well, it looks like it was Treyarch's turn to put out a CoD game.

Imo, the Infinity Ward CoD games have been a lot better.

The Treyarch games have been... meh. I expect the same from the Black Ops title. It'll be good, but not great. I'll probably skip it.

ymmv.

• 2 months later...

2 more days. Who's picking it up on release day?

I might randomly swing by Walmart in the afternoon of it's release to see if I can find a copy. I'm not fighting hoards of people for it. :lolol:

One of the special grenades is a "decoy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uqCa8tQ4VM

Kinda cool......but if it always sounds like that, people will catch on in no time, and it will become useless. Could be pretty funny though if you have your whole team start throwing them in 1 area. :lolol: 6 or so of those things going off is going to royally screw the enemy's radar.

Have it reserved. Played MOH...and thought the campaign was great...just toooooooo damn short! Online play was so so, but I played COD II for a long time so hard to beat it. I am in Halo Reach right now....holy crap this is hard. Always set it on the hardest level...especially at these prices...want them to last as long as possible. Didn't by MOH though...borrowed it from a friend thank goodness.