• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

So how is everyone coping with the PSN network being down. I've been getting my ass handed to me playing my PC version of Black Ops until Sony can get back up and running.

Just tried to sign on.........WTF? How long has it been down?

It's been down since Wednesday and they announced the have to rebuild their entire network. Sony only states it's a "Time consuming task" to get back online.

Ain't that a bitch. I guess this is what we get for having a free online network, lol.

It's been down since Wednesday and they announced the have to rebuild their entire network. Sony only states it's a "Time consuming task" to get back online.

Ain't that a bitch. I guess this is what we get for having a free online network, lol.

Yep o well guess it's time to play some campaign mode games

Been reading up on it. Seems kinda serious. They admit that it was an intrusion from an outside source and that personal info (log-ins, passwords, addresses, and even credit card info) could possibly be compromised.

Keep an eye on your bank accounts, fellas. Just in case. I was always good about deleting my CC info from my account after buying a map pack. But I don't think I did that when I downloaded the Black Ops map pack.

Been reading up on it. Seems kinda serious. They admit that it was an intrusion from an outside source and that personal info (log-ins, passwords, addresses, and even credit card info) could possibly be compromised.

Keep an eye on your bank accounts, fellas. Just in case. I was always good about deleting my CC info from my account after buying a map pack. But I don't think I did that when I downloaded the Black Ops map pack.

I always use a prepaid card for my PSN account which I only load enough funds for my purchases then it remains with only a few bucks until i need to use it again. I hope after they rebuild their network we don't see as many lag issues. Sony had known from previous threats against them that "another attack" would be eminent. They had an attack last month which shut them down for a few hours. You would think Sony would beef up encryptions and other security features of the network. Inside job maybe.

Same here I only use the prepaid cards but I had like $60.00 in my wallet hope I don't lose it. Sony has listed several credit check sites that do it for free. I've been trying to find other things to do but we had 3 days in a row of cold and snow and now it has turned to rain and have only had one dry day where it did reach 73* . I too hope the lag issues will be taken care of as I was enjoying some relatively lag free games until the new user agreement then it was hit and miss.

yeah so supposedly a hacker group did this because of some legal issues that they had with Sony because of some jailbroken ps3,s the letter to Sony

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r9lgZ_Fr4pM/TZqOK4y8QEI/AAAAAAAAAP0/T1gvGZfAggg/s1600/sony_anonymous.jpg

Yeah, I heard about that. Crazy stuff.

I can't even sign into the section of PSN from my computer, where I would normally go to remove my CC info. But I did remember that I didn't technically pay for the last map pack I bought, so here's hoping to the possibility that I removed the info the last time I put it in.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried no go

It's nice to be back online if any of you guys were talking to me last night and I didn't respond it was because my mother called me and kept me on the phone for quite awhile during our games last night. I did have something real weird happen later last night well early morning actually. I was playing TDM and was absolutely kicking tail 47-2(my best ever) and then the screen went black for about 15 seconds then up pops this message " another user has logged in to the PSN using your ID account" I was like WTH I had changed my password as we all had to do. So I get on the BLOP's website and find it has been happening to alot of players. I admittedly don't know much about computers but it made me wonder if the hackers somehow tagged our account with a tracer and as soon as we changed our password they get the new one. If that is possible wouldn't that be a slap in Sony's face as they could continue to ruin the gaming experience for PS3 users to the point it may make us buy a Xbox. Now wouldn't that be some real retaliation? If they can access our account what's to stop them from getting us all console banned? Paranoid maybe maybe not. It seems to be a fairly common occurance.

Was there a patch-download for Black Ops once PSN came back online? I read that there was some sort of new patch coming out, but haven't jumped on to see.

I'm gonna try to jump on late tonight.

Yeah you have to download version 3.61 and also create a new password before you can play.

I jumped on earlier and had to download a system update and change my password. But there was no Black Ops patch. Maybe XBOX just got it early like they do the map packs. I dunno.

Dan if you're talking about patch 1.08 then yes Xbox got it already so we should see it next month with the Escalation map pack.

Got to rank up my account a little bit. Good times.

I only played a couple games all weekend just had too much other stuff going on and I'm just really bored with BLOP's anyway. I have been mostly playing combat training when I get on and have been having fun trying different things like using only pistols,ballistic knife,and tomahwks. I have also been going 1v1 on veteran and went 1 against 9 yesterday on hardened and spanked them bots real good. I did jump on last night for about 4 games using the Fal and M14 trying to keep them as my most used weapons and I did alright not outstanding but positive mostly. Also giving the Commando a re-try as I didn't really like it much before but did fairly well with it last try. The trailer for MW3 looks pretty awesome check it out if you haven't already.

Edited by theDuke