• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

Yeah PS3 I'm too old and have too much nerve damage to be able to control the keys on a PC. I have to type like a chicken hunt and peck away with my 2 index fingers. I have nerve damage from breaking my spine in 2 differnet places in a dirt bike accident about 3 years ago and I never really learned how to type before that so the PS3 treats me fairly well. I can sit on my couch and play it on my 52" Plasma instead of sitting in front of a computer monitor (yes I know they make some fairly good sized one now) but the keys give me fits on the PC. Besides all my buddies are on PS3. We had a few times when about 4 or 5 of us from here were on with some of Superhawks friends and we lit the other teams up pretty well. Dan (-Shooter-) and I play together quite often not always on the same team though. If you got a PS3 shoot me a friend request to either Lead_Poisoned or Saiga-12ga. I haven't played Black Ops under Saiga-12ga online id yet so the first one wouldbe the best one to send the request to.

I got a few games in the other day after the update (which I didn't notice any difference in gameplay. Did you guys? :unsure: )

But I won't be able to get back on for a few days. I called today to get the internet set up at our new place, and it's going to be about 3 days (starting Monday) until it's ready to go :cryss: . So I'm back here at our friends, taking their dogs out...........and using the internet!

I used my laptop at our new place, and searched for available wireless networks. Found a ton of them............and every single one has a password?!?!? Since when did people smarten up and put passwords on their wireless routers? :lolol:

You Prestige yet, Gene?

See you guys in a a few days.

I got a few games in the other day after the update (which I didn't notice any difference in gameplay. Did you guys? :unsure: )

But I won't be able to get back on for a few days. I called today to get the internet set up at our new place, and it's going to be about 3 days (starting Monday) until it's ready to go :cryss: . So I'm back here at our friends, taking their dogs out...........and using the internet!

I used my laptop at our new place, and searched for available wireless networks. Found a ton of them............and every single one has a password?!?!? Since when did people smarten up and put passwords on their wireless routers? :lolol:

You Prestige yet, Gene?

See you guys in a a few days.

No I haven't bothered to prestige yet. I could but really don't see any benefit to doing it though I was seriously thinking about doing it today just hate to lose everything. Superhawk and I played some games last night before the UFC fights we did fairly well it was just him and myself and someone else called crimsin_angel against the other team that had IIRC 5 or 6 players and we won Superhawk had like 32 kills I had 23 and the other person had around 10 or so. I was chatting too much and kept forgetting to use my kill streaks but we still won :haha: . we had some good fun. Hope to see ya back online soon Dan. I guess I'll go ahead and prestige at least I know which perks to go for right off the bat. I had something weird happen after the update everytime I got killed I just fell right through the map and if I set down my RC-XD it would also fall through the ground or floors and just start falling until it blew up. Was weird for sure but no problems with it yesterday.

Edited by theDuke

Well I prestiged and man does that suck having to go back to the basics again. I was practicing with the Enfield before I prestiged so I would have a good rifle to play with but for some reason I was a whole lot more effective with it before prestiging. I got my butt kicked almost every single game. I was playing headquarters though and ranked back up fairly quickly. I think I'm back up to level 22 or 23 already and since I aquired the Famas again games are starting to go my way again also. Man running around with the HK21 and not having LWP and MP makes it feel like your running in wet cement. Oh well I'm back in the saddle again now though I'm not sure I'll bother with prestiging again getting some of the perks takes way too much work to lose it 14 more times weighed against the benefits of prestiging. I mean what the heck do you need with 10 classes anyway I pretty much find 2 or 3 classes that work and stick with those anyway. I mean even if I hit the 15th prestige level I'm still just an average player. Superhawk did that crimsin_Angel send you a message saying they were sorry for not helping more the other night but they were trying to get better at sniping? I just replied no problem it's all just for fun anyway. Did someone from here send me a friend request under the name sniperelite190 if you did let me know here or on the PSN and I'll add you.

Finally got back online today (and finally found a damn Sentry gun to destroy to get Ghost Pro).

I got the same friend request from that sniper guy. The message said he was "echomaker" from this forum, so I added him.

See you guys on sometime soon.

Finally got back online today (and finally found a damn Sentry gun to destroy to get Ghost Pro).

I got the same friend request from that sniper guy. The message said he was "echomaker" from this forum, so I added him.

See you guys on sometime soon.

Dan glad to hear you're back up and gunning :haha: but there wasn't any message on my request so I had no idea whom it might be and I get friend request all the time from guys and kids I participate in matches with and quite frankly it gets annoying. I'm not sure if they're sending the requst to everyone or for some reason just picking on me. Just last night this one guy said he was going to send me an invite then kept sending me invites for almost an hour and I didn't know him at all and I was in a headquarters match in which i had 37 kills and led in scoring for 3 matches in a row so i didn't want to jump ship as I was working on some challenges. Funny thing was every time he sent me an invite the game I was in would migrate host which was pissing me off royally.

Edited by theDuke

Yeah, sometimes I get random friend requests after I have a really good game. I never add them, though. They'd be disappointed anyway, once they found out that my really good game was just a rare fluke. :lolol:

Hey Superhawk, check out my Player Card emblem. You ride bikes and skateboards and stuff, right? You'll probably like my emblem then. I don't skate or ride bikes anymore.......but I still rock DC shoes pretty much exclusively (even got some DC sandals for beach days :lol: ). So comfortable.

Yeah, sometimes I get random friend requests after I have a really good game. I never add them, though. They'd be disappointed anyway, once they found out that my really good game was just a rare fluke. :lolol:

Hey Superhawk, check out my Player Card emblem. You ride bikes and skateboards and stuff, right? You'll probably like my emblem then. I don't skate or ride bikes anymore.......but I still rock DC shoes pretty much exclusively (even got some DC sandals for beach days :lol: ). So comfortable.

Seems to me you have more good than bad games or do you just save those good ones picking on this old fart :haha: ? Yeah most of my friend request come after good games also but it seems like every time I get online now i got 3 or 4 friends that want me to join matches. Some of these (friends) I have only played with in matches that prompted them to send me a friend request and none since. I usually just play with you guys and have more fun with you guys anyway. Dan you can go get a mic now. The other day when Superhawk and I were on the same team we were on the JUngle map and I drove my RC-XD around one of the huts and ran right in between an opponents legs (as he was wounded and in second chance mode) the car stopped moving when it hit his junk area he tried shooting it so I just blew it up and couldn't hardly stop laughing thinking of the Kill Cam he would see. Man you guys would change your emblems after I worked at making one almost the same as yours but with the Famas. The emblem editing gave me fits at first until I figured out how to work it.

Seems to me you have more good than bad games or do you just save those good ones picking on this old fart :haha: ? Yeah most of my friend request come after good games also but it seems like every time I get online now i got 3 or 4 friends that want me to join matches. Some of these (friends) I have only played with in matches that prompted them to send me a friend request and none since. I usually just play with you guys and have more fun with you guys anyway. Dan you can go get a mic now. The other day when Superhawk and I were on the same team we were on the JUngle map and I drove my RC-XD around one of the huts and ran right in between an opponents legs (as he was wounded and in second chance mode) the car stopped moving when it hit his junk area he tried shooting it so I just blew it up and couldn't hardly stop laughing thinking of the Kill Cam he would see. Man you guys would change your emblems after I worked at making one almost the same as yours but with the Famas. The emblem editing gave me fits at first until I figured out how to work it.

Honestly, I seem to do better when I'm playing with people I know. The first few games today, I did horrible. I think one match ended in me having a .45 KDR :ded: . Ups and downs. Some games I lay a raping, and other games I get raped.

Yeah, I'm always changing my damn emblem :lolol: . A few of guys over on Arfcom got crafty and made the Arfcom logo; an AR boltface, and it came out perfect:

1118001403a.jpg

I'd rock it.......but it kinda goes against my username on PS3, lol.

I keep getting people saying "Holy shit man, you have a 7.62 KDR!?!?" when they see my clan tag. Then they check my records when we get back into lobby, and say "You don't have a 7.62 KDR!!!". :rolleyes:

I may have to try that one as with my name it wouldn't matter that's why my clan tag is 5.56 for my Lead_Poisoned account but 7.62 for my Saiga-12ga account. I just sent my old PS3 into a company called Gophermods LLC to get it fixed, Sony wanted $180.00 to fix it but this place does it for $69.99 they reflow the solder and clean it and apply new thermal paste to the CPU and the GPU and they're going to put a 250gb HDD that I bought into it also. They have one day turn around but they won't get it until probably Friday so probably I'll see it next week then my son can get online with us from his room. We have been split screening it and it's fun to have him play but on some of the maps I have a hard time seeing opponents too far away.

Good games tonight, fellas. My router is screwed up and randomly stops sending out a wireless signal, so I got booted.

It's nice to run a whole crew. We seem to do pretty good. I was camping our flag hard for some of those games trying to defend it :lolol: , once I realized my claymores I'd plant at out flag weren't working as good as usual on the other team.

See ya guys next time.

EDIT:.......and thanks for commenting on my horrible knife fail on that round of Search, Superhawk. :lolol: I guess for some reason, I missed the fact that I was on one side of the railing, and he was on the other.

Edited by -Shooter-

Yeah was fun for sure tonight guys so thanks all for participating. I had a blast but Dan you surely need a mic now bro so you can chime in also. Yeah we seemed to do pretty well as a team and after you guys all left I kept playing long enough to unlock LWP so maybe i can keep up better still need MP unlocked but getting close. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Gene.

Yeah was fun for sure tonight guys so thanks all for participating. I had a blast but Dan you surely need a mic now bro so you can chime in also. Yeah we seemed to do pretty well as a team and after you guys all left I kept playing long enough to unlock LWP so maybe i can keep up better still need MP unlocked but getting close. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Gene.

Yeah, I need to get a mic.

Marathon Pro was a pain in the ass to get. It took me forever. It's kinda cool though, because you get tons of XP from CTF, so it helps you rank up while you're trying to get Pro.

Here's a random video of me getting nasty with the Crossbow. I love that thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1xuAJ6voKk&feature=player_embedded

(BTW, that's the best spot to watch the A bombsite in Search. :devil: )

Sweet Dan, but how do you load these onto Youtube? I have some videos I'd like to post. I have one I titled "Dead Eye literally" as I was running and gunning and the fourth kill in a row was with a Tomohawk and I stuck it right into the guys left eye socket while I was in a dead run. First kill in the clip was with the Tomohawk then 2 guys with the Famas and the 4th with the Tomohawk again. Not sure if any of you guys have zoomed in on the weapons but they do have some pretty detailed printing on them. The Commando says .223 cal and Minotaurus arms on the magwell but right above the trigger it says something about being manufactured in Albion, Michigan. You have to look at the left side of the weapons though as it is just a mirrored reversed image that you see on the right side. The Famas also says cal.223 as well as some other stuff.

Sweet Dan, but how do you load these onto Youtube? I have some videos I'd like to post. I have one I titled "Dead Eye literally" as I was running and gunning and the fourth kill in a row was with a Tomohawk and I stuck it right into the guys left eye socket while I was in a dead run. First kill in the clip was with the Tomohawk then 2 guys with the Famas and the 4th with the Tomohawk again. Not sure if any of you guys have zoomed in on the weapons but they do have some pretty detailed printing on them. The Commando says .223 cal and Minotaurus arms on the magwell but right above the trigger it says something about being manufactured in Albion, Michigan. You have to look at the left side of the weapons though as it is just a mirrored reversed image that you see on the right side. The Famas also says cal.223 as well as some other stuff.

Yeah man, I actually watched your "dead eye" video the other day. I got a kick out of how you just stopped and casually looked at the ax in the dudes head while there's still enemies all around you :lolol: .

To upload: You have to make an account at http://www.callofduty.com/ , (it's free). If you don't have your own YouTube account, your videos will be uploaded to the generic Black Ops YouTube channel, and I think you have to search YouTube for your PSN ID in order to find your videos, I'm not sure. If you have a YT account, and you link it to your callofduty.com account (there's directions on how to do that once you sign into your callofduty.com account), the videos will go into your own YT account channel. Just make your own, it's free and will be easier to find your videos.

The clip has to be 30 seconds or under in order to get them online. All you do is select the clip for playback, and if it's 30 seconds or under, you'll see the "Render" option become clickable (it's grayed out of it clip is over 30 seconds, and you can't click it). Click the "Render" button, and it will have you watch the clip again. Then when you're done watching it, it will go through a loading screen and will upload the video to the internet, and it will give you a pop saying something like "your video is now available to watch online at callofduty.com". Then you're done. If you have a YT account, the video will now be in your videos (sometimes it takes awhile to show up). If not, I think you have to search your PSN ID on YT to find it.

I think I made it sound harder than it is :lolol: , but it's easy. Maybe there's a walkthrough on YouTube that will help more. I suck at explaining things in text.

Hey bro, I tried uploading your clip for you, but it was 31 seconds so it wouldn't upload. So I found the match in your Recent Games and made a shorter version of your Tomahawk kills so I could upload it.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8mY5ZnDUM&feature=player_embedded

It's got crappy audio like some of mine that I uploaded. I still think that if there's a decent amount of noise (gunfire, narrator announcements, challenge completion sounds, etc, etc) that it messes up the audio and turns it all choppy.

Thanks bro, I think with your instructions this computer illiterate may be able to get some loaded finally. I had a Tomahawk kill montage video in my file share also. Yeah I just casually looked at the Tomahawk stuck in his eye socket as I was amazed that I hit him from a dead run besides I was 19-6 IIRC in that game so I figured if I got killed looking at it then it would be no big deal. Notice how I was scoring pretty well tonight until Hanoi ? That's because I equipped the AK I just can't seem to use it effectively no matter how bad I want to. Give me the Famas even with just Iron sights and I'm fairly deadly and man I so want to be good with the AK but just can't seem to pull it off. The only way I'm close to doing better with it is if I equip it with a suppressor. I was going to show you a new spot on the summit map that's perfect for sniping if you have a silenced weapon, you know that tall tower by the cable car it's accessible to get to the top of it. Tomorrow if you want I'll invite you to combat training invite only and show you unless you already know how to do it. My son has been invited to some matches where everyone has the gold camo (actually just gold plating) and if you equip the same class as the host he said you can run so fast your just a blur to the opponents. They must have hacked it somehow cause none of the host he's been with have even prestiged yet.Oh yeah I also got a video of a match where I had a 8.33 K/D ratio 25-3 that was just before I prestiged and I was using the Commando with suppressor and extended mag, man I love that weapon on the game. Thanks again bro.

Edited by theDuke

Thanks bro, I think with your instructions this computer illiterate may be able to get some loaded finally. I had a Tomahawk kill montage video in my file share also. Yeah I just casually looked at the Tomahawk stuck in his eye socket as I was amazed that I hit him from a dead run besides I was 19-6 IIRC in that game so I figured if I got killed looking at it then it would be no big deal. Notice how I was scoring pretty well tonight until Hanoi ? That's because I equipped the AK I just can't seem to use it effectively no matter how bad I want to. Give me the Famas even with just Iron sights and I'm fairly deadly and man I so want to be good with the AK but just can't seem to pull it off. The only way I'm close to doing better with it is if I equip it with a suppressor. I was going to show you a new spot on the summit map that's perfect for sniping if you have a silenced weapon, you know that tall tower by the cable car it's accessible to get to the top of it. Tomorrow if you want I'll invite you to combat training invite only and show you unless you already know how to do it. My son has been invited to some matches where everyone has the gold camo (actually just gold plating) and if you equip the same class as the host he said you can run so fast your just a blur to the opponents. They must have hacked it somehow cause none of the host he's been with have even prestiged yet.Oh yeah I also got a video of a match where I had a 8.33 K/D ratio 25-3 that was just before I prestiged and I was using the Commando with suppressor and extended mag, man I love that weapon on the game. Thanks again bro.

Yeah, the AK can be a pain. I find I do better with just the 74u, running and gunning. The only other gun I really like is the Galil.

I actually spectated in S&D one time who got on that tower. I had no idea you could get up there before that, lol. I haven't seen any gold camos yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. People are going to figure out ways to hack and glitch, no matter what. I took advantage of the colored clan tag glitch while I could, because I figure there's no harm in it. It's a victimless glitch. At least now though, you can check someone Recent Games and see if they're really up to no good.

But speaking of that....I got fed up with this guy camping HARD. I went to his recent games, and I couldn't view any of them or his file share. I got a message saying something about my parental controls blocking user-created content. But anyone elses games I looked at, I could see just fine. Not sure what that was about. Maybe he figured out some way to block people from seeing his recent games because all he does is camp, and doesn't want people to be able to see it :lolol: .

But anyway, I'm about ready to throw this game into the trash. About 4 times today it would freeze up completely. I couldn't go to the PS3 menu, nothing worked. I had to turn the PS3 off and restart it. I've never had so many problems like this in any other game. Usually with this game, it will freeze up for a bit and then be fine. But today, it would lock up completely and I had to turn it off. All of that, on top of the fact that every other game fails a host migration or just closes the lobby....It's starting to get annoying that all of this stuff is going on with a $60 game.

On the bright side, since Prestiging, I got the 2 hardest parts of Marathon Pro (capping 15 flags) and Ghost Pro (destroying a sentry) out of the way fairly quickly. Last time around, both of those took forever.

Man I have seen bank shot appear on my screen also but didn't know what it was pertaining to so I never gave it a second thought. I often just toss the Tomahawk as with warlord pro I have 2 of them anyway and even use them on a class with Scavenger so I just toss them once in a while over objects or through windows hoping to get a random kill. I may have had a pretty cool one myself but just never thought about going back and checking when it said Bank Shot and Scalper CRAP. That is one awesome Tomahawk toss though and nice Road Rage kill Dan. Yeah we have had some issues with lag especially and some freezing of the game also but overall I would say it's still better than MW2 as there isn't alot of the issues that were prevalent there. I jumped in on Superhawk yesterday he and his buddy were playing Combat training on Nuketown I jumped in and suprised them it was quite funny. Then he blocked me so I couldn't do it again LOL. I had some pretty good crossbow kills last night also and all the sudden I seem to be doing pretty well with the AK47. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it until yesterday them wham I got close to 300 kills with it yesterday alone go figure.

Some interesting reading on the forums of COD BO about how Microsft paid extra money to get a better version of BO than was produced for the PS3. Alot of people are really pissed off that this game has so many issues with frame rate and all the freezing and disconnecting and transmission errors. I was kicking some serious butt the other night had gone 27 and 1 with a napalm strike and a chopper gunner on the way when it just went black and it said migrating host and then lost transmission and it never came back up and I went to the theater mode and it wasn't viewable, man that would have been my best game ever as my napalm strike took out 5 players which would have put me up to 32-1 and that's when it went black. Who knows how many I would have gotten with the chopper gunner and throughout the rest of the game.

made me rofl so hard

a 1:1,000,000 shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoUgZmo_Kdo

Here's another one, just as lucky and random:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g631-Em46E

Some interesting reading on the forums of COD BO about how Microsft paid extra money to get a better version of BO than was produced for the PS3. Alot of people are really pissed off that this game has so many issues with frame rate and all the freezing and disconnecting and transmission errors. I was kicking some serious butt the other night had gone 27 and 1 with a napalm strike and a chopper gunner on the way when it just went black and it said migrating host and then lost transmission and it never came back up and I went to the theater mode and it wasn't viewable, man that would have been my best game ever as my napalm strike took out 5 players which would have put me up to 32-1 and that's when it went black. Who knows how many I would have gotten with the chopper gunner and throughout the rest of the game.

Yeah, I read something about that; how PS3 got a shittier version. Wouldn't surprise me. Microsoft paid off Activision and/or Infinity Ward to get the first map pack (maybe the others too, I'm not sure) for MW2 to XBOX a month earlier than anyone else. Money talks, I guess. :ded:

Damn 27-1 is a great game. I think I went 22-1 the other night........but it was because I was on the phone while I was playing, so I couldn't concentrate, so I was camping like a little girl for most of the time :lolol: . But I was also defending the A flag in Domination on Radiation, so the camping wasn't that uncalled for :angel: . The upstairs room in the building overlooking A is a great defense spot. Lots of people tried to cap A, but I was able to kill them all from that room. I even ended up stealing an enemy's "Death Machine". That thing is fun as hell.

27-1 is what my kill count was when it went black on me and I had just scored 5 kills with my Napalm strike that didn't get counted and my chopper gunner was on its way also when I lost the game. I was hoping it would have saved it in my recent games up to the time it went out but it didn't man I have to assume I would have gotten at least 40 kills out of that game as it was at the 4:15 time mark when it happened. I had to pick up enemy ammo packs as I was just running and gunning with the AK-47 using scavenger,hardened pro,hacker pro. I like hp alot keeps me from running into enemy claymores and detects all their cameras and motion sensors.

27-1 is what my kill count was when it went black on me and I had just scored 5 kills with my Napalm strike that didn't get counted and my chopper gunner was on its way also when I lost the game. I was hoping it would have saved it in my recent games up to the time it went out but it didn't man I have to assume I would have gotten at least 40 kills out of that game as it was at the 4:15 time mark when it happened. I had to pick up enemy ammo packs as I was just running and gunning with the AK-47 using scavenger,hardened pro,hacker pro. I like hp alot keeps me from running into enemy claymores and detects all their cameras and motion sensors.

So with Hacker Pro, you can turn enemy equipment friendly. Does that work even on claymores? Like can you walk up behind an enemy claymore and make it friendly? Or does it only work on Sentry guns and SAM Turrets and stuff?