yeah had a bad game yesterday playing capture on summit. ge started out 6v6 and some where in the switching sides a few on our side left so it was 2v6 I didn't notice untill I brought up the score board and it was me and one outher guy wich i had gotten dogs and said if we follow the dogs and kill them they will be more worried about the dogs worked pretty good caped one flag then the dogs ran out then they capes 2x and held the flag at there base waiting for us then I said forget this and camped our base untill they came to kill us or cap it yeah they came for us untill the timer ran out kinda sucked

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

So how's Black Ops been? Still lagging out on occasion? Anymore updates or patches?

Like bigcec1 said it's better most of the time but still get the occasional lag. Host migrations seem to happen abit more I think but it works much better usually finds a new host instead of just dropping the game. Dropped games still happen but not nearly as much. Still get the connection interruptions also and somedays it's quite bad then others no problem at all. A little off subject Dan but did you get the job you were hoping to get?

Glad to hear it's running a little smoother.

I'm still in the hiring process, so I don't technically have the job yet. I took a test last Saturday and passed. I have to turn in a background check packet tomorrow, and then I have an oral interview on the 22nd. Turns out it's not for the Detention Officer position, like I thought before the test. It's for a Booking Officer. Ah well, it's still a county job that pays decent and will be more interesting than working in a warehouse. Lots of guys move into Detention Officer from this position, I'm told. Might do that down the road, who knows.

Well good luck bro I'll throw in a request to the big guy for ya.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it!

Just got back from the interview. It went really good and was told I did "excellent" on all levels. Then I was sent to talk to the director of the jail, and he said the same thing. Now I just wait and see if I get a call back. I was the first interview of the day, and they had like 30 more people to interview. We'll see.

• Like 1

Well we lost our phones and high speed internet during the storm a few big branchs got too weighed down with the ice and broke off hitting our house doing some damage to the roof and taking our cable lines out also. We are now back up running and I just did the port forward .com port configuring supposedly to speed things up for BO's but from my before and after speedtest.net comparisons it didn't do a thing for me. My before was 14.11 mb/s down, 2.46 mb/s up with a 120ms ping. My after was 12.75mb/s down, 2.53 mb/s up, with 120 ms ping. I guess I'll have to see what the game acts like but I don't see a real difference other wise. I was playing the other day and these 2 guys get into the lobby and right away they start up " Lead_Poisoned , I haven't played against this MF'er before". The ohter guy says "7.62 that's not his KDR he's not even close to that" I say do you guys know what 7.62 is and of course they don't so I tell them it's 7.62mm it's a NATO round basically .308. Well they make some more smart a** remarks and I say "yeah well it never ceases to amaze me how many internet WAR HEROES we have on here that don't have any idea about the weapons they're using, you idiots". Well that seemed to shut them up and they left after I killed them multiple times each which was my entire goal for that game after their trash talking.

Yeah back up and running but not apparently gunning :haha: as I can't seem to buy a kill almost every game last night was a shamble. I did manage to prestige again but man I was getting destroyed game after game avg. KDR was like .81 for last night. Some games would be positive others weren't even close to being positive. I may change my IP address back to dynamic and see if that helps. Any of you tech gurus feel free to chime in as this stuff is all foreign to me but according to the BO's website the best thing you can do tomake your game run smoother and get better results is to change to a Static IP address at portforward.com so I did this but last night was far from successful in my book. Not sure whether it was to do with something else or that I screwed things up changing the IP address. Or do you also have to change it in the internet setting on the PS3? I did not do that so maybe that might be the problem. Anyone know ? C'mon help out this old computer inept dude please.

• Like 1

wow that sux I thought you may have been kidnaped by aliens or zombie attack j/k but yeah if you want to attempt to fix it your self you can. but with out the proper equipment I would not and proper would not be a heat gun or blow dryer these are not te right tools to fix this issue. if you want to learn more about your issue google YLOD you might be able to find a ps3 repair person to do it cheaper

My PS3 bricked last night. I was playing a game of TDM with bigcec, got a black screen and flashing red light on the console. Tried starting it up this morning, nada. Sony wants 129 to fix it. :cryss:

Anybody else ever have this happen or know of cheaper repair options?

You got a flashing red light? Usually it's the yellow light that indicates a system failure; thus the term "YLOD": Yellow light of death.

My PS3 bricked last night. I was playing a game of TDM with bigcec, got a black screen and flashing red light on the console. Tried starting it up this morning, nada. Sony wants 129 to fix it. :cryss:

Anybody else ever have this happen or know of cheaper repair options?

Mine bit the dust 2 nights ago after less than an hour of play. It's YLOD. Dunno why, but I'm thinking of selling my system after I get it fixed. It only lasted me 4 years after buying it for 600. My buddy told me that I got a good run out of it. WTF? Technology should last longer than that imo.

So JJ, what model PS3 do you have? One of the older "fat" models, or one of the newer "slim" models?

It usually seems like it's an older one when I hear about one bricking.

It's the older "fat" 80gb model that's partially backwards compatible with the PS2. I've had it 3 years now and I bought it used. As much as I play and us using it for the Bluray player I'm willing to fix it.

yeah the old fat one Sony had this great idea to make an over kill of a cooling system but in doing so they shot them selves in the foot by having to cram the powert suply and outher components that create more heat to run this system with out enough cooling vents wich causes it to over heat easily and with out proper ventilation it breaks down the thermal compound for the cooling system. wich I why they redone the ps3 into the slim with less crap and huge power source so it runs alot cooler. my first ps3 my friend bought is still running it's one of the original ps3s that came out we turned it into a frankin ps3 due to it over heated and had the same issue and that it jumped down 2 flights of stairs and destroyed the case lol put it into a pc case and water cooled it runs like a champ they will last a good while just had one issue about cooling

Yeah JJ gophermods.com is where I got mine repaired for just around $70.00 bucks. They're in Minnesota but it's pretty quick turnaround. They fix it the same day they get it and ship it back the next day. If it ever fails again they fix it free you just have to pay for the shipping again. Mine also was the red flashing light. That is the overheat condition the YLOD is usually a problem with the mother board they told me but can also be from overheating. They clean it all upand reflow the solder and use Arctic Silver thermal paste in their fix and there is a curing time when you get it back. You run it for 2 hours then let it cool for 15-20 minutes then repeat for a total of 2 hundred hours of play. Superhawk said he fixed his with a ceramic paste so maybe if you watched the fix videos you could do it yourself. They can recover your game if it's stuck inside and will even offer upgraded HDD's with data transfer also. I had them put a 250gb HDD in mine but I purchased the HDD at Best Buy for $49.00 and sent it with mine they installed and did the transfer for no additional charge. Wondered where you had been good luck bro and get back on soon.

Any of you guys buy the new map pack yet? I am hearing there are alot of problems with them right now as in people complaining they can't use the chopper gunner on Kowloon as the PS3 freezes everytime they try it. Also guys have been getting reset to lvl 1 after the download. One guy said he was 11th prestige lvl 34 and after the download was reset all the way back to lvl 1. I might wait for a few days to see if they get it fixed. Also guys complaining they purchased the new map pack but it won't download or if it does download they can't access it and there isn't any HC yet for the new maps. Let me know if you guys have a positive experience with it.

Got the maps for free from my cousin (I was told you couldn't do it anymore, but it still worked :angel: ). Jumped onto my D26NY account for a lil bit and played some new maps. They seem OK. I was hoping to rank up quick, but I see above that the double-XP isn't until this weekend. I thought it came out the same day the maps did.

FWIW, I didn't notice any problems for the few games I played.

I was playing the new map's Mosh Pit. Got into a game of CTF on Berlin. I saw people purposely run into the red-zone with the flag and get killed, and the flag just sits out there in no-mans-land. :lolol:

I foresee people being jerks and doing that with the bomb in Search & Destroy.

I was playing the new map's Mosh Pit. Got into a game of CTF on Berlin. I saw people purposely run into the red-zone with the flag and get killed, and the flag just sits out there in no-mans-land. :lolol:

well I didn't get enough time in on that map to even notice a red zone or what it's all about so what does the red zone do is it like the radiation barrier on mw2 ? where you use a painkiller to get out of the map I can't remember what one it's called I think it's mw2 . but yeah played for a whole min or 2 on Berlin it was a whole lots spawn die

well I didn't get enough time in on that map to even notice a red zone or what it's all about so what does the red zone do is it like the radiation barrier on mw2 ? where you use a painkiller to get out of the map I can't remember what one it's called I think it's mw2 . but yeah played for a whole min or 2 on Berlin it was a whole lots spawn die

It's just the area that runs straight down the middle of the map, it's red on the mini-map. There's automated turrets that will shoot and kill you if you go into the red-zone. You'll hear sirens and have a split second to turn back out before getting killed, though. Also, if you throw a smoke grenade into the red-zone, it will keep the turrets from firing at you.

It's just the area that runs straight down the middle of the map, it's red on the mini-map. There's automated turrets that will shoot and kill you if you go into the red-zone. You'll hear sirens and have a split second to turn back out before getting killed, though. Also, if you throw a smoke grenade into the red-zone, it will keep the turrets from firing at you.

LoL yeah I could see some ass throwing smoke grandees out on ctf planting a clay below him and then just die there so next person coming up to grab it either die from turrate or clay lol or put sentry guns out there the ideas just keep popping into my head now

Edited by bigcec1

Well it figures if anyone was going to have a problem it would be me. I purchased the download started installing it 10% done then WHAM PS3 FREEZE what a bunch of crap!!!! It is now trying to download again hopefully it works this time. I also pre-ordered Homefront it comes out on my birthday. Looks to be fairly well done with dedicated servers IGN is giving it some very good reviews. Hopefully catch some of you on tonight.