well pretty good weekend for some double xp didn't get

to play as much as I wanted to but o well did prestiege once more. I do like discovery and stadium for playing head quarters close to 30k a game still don't like Kowloon as much mabie it's all the campers

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

I like Kowloon it provides alot of high long distance shots. I use the M16 suppressed with RDS and Ghost pro, hardened pro, Marathon pro and I don't camp but find an advantageous spot kill a guy or two and then move on to another spot. I have several high kill low death games on that map. I'm getting alot better with the M16 and for the most part can use it with good results unless I come up against a group of noob tubing, AK74u users, that all run together. When that scenario comes about it's time to breakout the AUG. It all of course alot depends on whether I'm lagging or not. The AK47 is still my favorite suppressed weapon in the game but it just comes so late in the game that I have to result to other weapons for most of the game. I just can't find any love for the AK74u I just don't do that well with it. I have been trying to run around Stadium with the suppressed SPAS 12 and it also works faily well on that map as well as Summit.

Well I got it and it's pretty cool actually the maps are quite spacious and designed with a good mix of ground fighting opportunities and sniping spots. The vehicles are pretty cool also you can deploy the drone planes and small helicopters with small missiles but they are hard to use and pretty easy to destroy so you can't rule the battlefield with them. It's nice to hit someone with just about 3-4 bullets and drop them though if burst firing at long distances the M4 works really well. I'm going to try to get the 15th prestige on Bops then probably spend most of my time on Homefront.

Well I got it and it's pretty cool actually the maps are quite spacious and designed with a good mix of ground fighting opportunities and sniping spots. The vehicles are pretty cool also you can deploy the drone planes and small helicopters with small missiles but they are hard to use and pretty easy to destroy so you can't rule the battlefield with them. It's nice to hit someone with just about 3-4 bullets and drop them though if burst firing at long distances the M4 works really well. I'm going to try to get the 15th prestige on Bops then probably spend most of my time on Homefront.

So how do the dedicated servers feel? I've never played a game with dedicated servers. So with dedicated servers, everyone is on the same playing field, as far as connection? No more host advantage and stuff? Does your own connection still come into play?

Dan I don't know what happened to the post I put up last night after getting some time in the game but it's not here so I'll repost again. I only had 1 red bar showing most of the time sometimes 2 yellow bars but did not notice any lag at all if I saw someone first they were dead in just a few rounds. Most guys were showing the same bars but a few had full green bars but it didn't seem to give them any advantage at all. KAOS reported yesterday that they know they were having server issue and they were already in the process of adding more servers. They admitted they underestimated the amount of people that would be online. So they sound as if they are really going to try and make this a top contender for FPS genre. They were also having issues with chat features and said they were going to attack that also. The graphics to me are about on par with BFBC2 but the online game play I like better than BFBC2. It does remind me alot of that game though but the drones are avery cool feature IMO. You earn battle points in each match as well as XP the battle points are used to purchase the drones, in vehicle spawns, body armor, etc. I just think the maps have me sold on this game they have a very good mix of ground fighting cover as well as good sniping spots. Sniping if you get a head shot is a one shot kill if you happen to hit an extremity it takes another shot to finish them off. You have weapons already equipped with RDS or ACOG sights. They have the SCAR-LMG with drum mags also, ACR's, M4's, M16's as well as SMG's including the Vector. The default sniper rifle is the M110 and it is plenty effective. They have some very high vantage points where you can see all the way across the map which most of them are big. It was just kind of neat seeing White Castle, and Hooters resturants in the game. Is it perfect no way not yet but I like it fairly well. The classes are preset load outs but after you achieve a certain rank you can change them up some. What I liked about the drones and armored vehicles is they are not overpowered as in you can't rule the battlefield with them and they're fairly easy to destroy. I shot a helicopter drone out of the sky with one shot from the sniper rifle. There is alot of ground cover and ladders leading to most of the roofs of the buildings. There is alot of hilly terrain as well for high ground advantage. If you happen to be on a good kill streak and the other team has someone who has ranked high enough they can have the AI battle commander send out hunters for you specifically and the higher your kill streak the more players they allocate for that mission. This also works vice versa. I went on a 7 kill streak yesterday and next thing I know i'm targeted as there prime mission. I think this game has alot of promise thought time will tell. It was just so refreshing for me to see I only had one red bar but wasn't at a disadvantage at all with it. I'm either stomping people or getting stomed myself on BOP's due to who has the lag advantage, doesn't seem to be the case with this game.

Sounds pretty cool. It looks like it's getting mixed reviews on random websites. No surprise, though. Lots of games take a bit of getting used to before you actually like it.

If Redbox gets it, I'll rent it and check it out.

Yeah definitely rent it first as you might not like it as you didn't care for BFBC2 at all. It does remind me of that game but like I said I like the online play much better on Homefront. I have been reading on Homefronts website (defendyourhomefront.com) and seems like most people like it but most say it does have it's issues but the big difference I see is KAOS already posted a sticky on how they realized they messed up with not enough server capacity and they said new servers were being brought online as soon as possible. Like I said it's definitely not perfect as you see the enemies name in red even if they are hiding behind bushes maybe something they address or maybe they can't but the maps are so big there are plenty of opportunities to flank the enemy. I guess I just mainly like the dedicated servers as I didn't notice any lag at all even with my 1 red bar so I wasn't at a disadvantage when coming up against an enemy and the calber of the weapon seems to make more difference in face to face battle. bigcec and I tried lobbying up last night but it wouldn't allow it to happen this is one of the biggest gripes from everyone so far and the chat wasn't happening either but supposedly KAOS is looking into it already for a patch.

Well I'm still at Bop's trying for the 15th prestige just got into my 14th prestige last night and I got to say I'm having more fun most of the time. I have been trying different weapons like running around with the Spas-12 or the Stakeout shotgun. I also have been using the M16 alot it is a beast most of the time and have been trying the G11 also just before I prestiged again. The G11 is a beast without the scopes just using the iron sights is best for me the scopes all bounce around too much. The thing has almost no recoil if fired with iron sights but when using a scope it recoils like crazy even when holding your breath crazy. I have been trying to use the pistols alot more also and without dual wield. Have had some terrible lagging issues lately but they kind of seem to work out most of the time by host migration but if after a couple games it doesn't I just go into another lobby. I DMZ'ed my PS3 and it has seemed to make it a little better with the DL and UL speeds but still get the occasional real laggy match.

We still play just last night we had 5 of us online. I'll be at it for awhile I want to prestige and get pro everything. I don't worry too much about getting too many pro perks now just getting the prestige levels done.I've been kind of blitzing through the levels so I should be on the 15th prestige this weekend if I get any time to play tomorrow. We have to take my son to the University of Northwestern Ohio (it's a trade school) not sure if I'll get any gaming in tomorrow or not. I may even buy the GOLD camo for the AK-47 as it does look "puuuurdy".

Was there somekind of shipping problem or you just got around to sending it out? Been missing ya online. Hows the boy doing is he having BOP's withdrawals also LOL ? Well tell them to get on it ya need it back :haha: . Hope to see ya back with us soon. Looks like we could probably field enough players for a ground war and have all forum members on the team.

Anyone else notice some nice little features like when you add an extended mag to the AK-47 and AKSU you get the 45rd bakelite mag? lol I never noticed that till a few days ago. And also if you add the extended mag on the RPK it shows the 75rd drum. Same with the M16 and Commando, exept the mags in the classes menu are 20 rounders and then they turn into the 30 rounders.

Was there somekind of shipping problem or you just got around to sending it out? Been missing ya online. Hows the boy doing is he having BOP's withdrawals also LOL ? Well tell them to get on it ya need it back :haha: . Hope to see ya back with us soon. Looks like we could probably field enough players for a ground war and have all forum members on the team.

Delays on my end lol. Baby was sick, and the starter went out in my truck. I think we're both ready to get back online. :)

I play almost every morning after work. Has anyone else noticed that connections suck worse now, after they "updated" the server? I'm Mr Hardn Young if anybody is ever on at 6AM.

Edited by dayofruin

I play almost every morning after work. Has anyone else noticed that connections suck worse now, after they "updated" the server? I'm Mr Hardn Young if anybody is ever on at 6AM.

Yeah the connections seem to come and go I had good connections earlier today I actually went from 464 deaths on the negative side of of my KDR to 8 kills positive all pretty much due to just having full 4 bars for alot of games today. Then I got on in the evening only to see 1 red bar to 3 green bars being my best so my games were up and down. I did hit 15th prestige and am around level 25 or 26. The animated background cost 25,000 COD cash and each gold camo is 50,000 COD cash. I am going to work on getting pro on all the perks except 2nd chance I can't stand that pussy perk.

• Like 1

My win/loss and k/d have both gone down due to connections and jumping into losing games. Really pisses me off. My win/loss was over 5.??.

Over 5.?? that's real impressive I'm assuming your a younger guy as they tend to do better. I'm 50 yrs. young and have permanent nerve damage that affects my hands and my left leg and foot from breaking my spine in 2 different places so I'm not as good as I once was but the connection makes a big difference also. If I have a good one I usually end up positive but if the connection is bad I struggle to break even. Also this is just my second season of playing online shooters I didn't have high speed internet until last year heck MW2 had been out for about 6 months before I got online playing time. It just drives me crazy when I see a guy fire half to a whole mag into him getting hit markers the whole time just to have him turn a kill me with a double tap or knife me if I'm close enough at that point. I don't rage quit so my KDR has suffered from that also. It really doesn't bother me too much about KDR I was just happy yesterday to go on the positive side.

My games are up an down like that. My WL is high because I always run in a team of friends and we rarely lose matches. And I'm 28. My KD is 1.??. I run and gun too much. European connections are the worst!!!

My KDR is 1.00 I don't usually go for LWP or MP as I then move to fast for my liking so I to run and gun but at a slower pace. I don't camp I move almost constantly also but at a slower rate than most. I do have some maps where I will set up just long enough to get a couple kills then move on but if I don't see anyone within a few seconds I can't stay there I just don't have the patience for sitting still too long as it feels like I'm missing out on all the action. I think that's why I'm not real good at sniping I can't stay in one place for too long.

lag has been terrible the last few days can't hardly buy a kill. I am really starting to hate this game again. it's just not fun at all when you dump whole mags into your opponent only to have them knife you or fire 2-3 rounds and drop you. I don't understand what's going on I DMZ'd my PS3 and it was working really well then they make us do another service agreement and after that I just can't seem to do well at all. I don't know what that would do but something has changed it's almost unplayable tonight the frame rates were terrible and the lag was atrocious I didn't have any fun at all. I will take a break from it for a few days and then try it again and if it still sucks it's going to the shooting berm in the back yard.

• 3 weeks later...