Anybody out there have any experience with UTVs such as Polaris Rangers, Rhinos, Mules, etc. Are they just glorified golf carts?

Basically looking for something fun on the trails, use it for plowing my driveway and light hauling for yardwork etc..

Sorry, all I have used are these. They work but they don't work as fast. But with a new ATV...think of all the money you will save on Boots!! Lots of folks around here go for the big off road ones.

post-16191-004994700 1281665881_thumb.jpg

post-16191-008976800 1281665888_thumb.jpg

Please be careful. ATV accidents are our number one cause of fractures requiring surgery in otherwise healthy people.

Thanks mom! LOL

I've ridden ATV's before, and don't take chances on them by doing crazy shit or running fast over bumpy terrain. Don't really feel like spending the rest of my life steering a wheel chair with my mouth. :cryss:

I live next to Eglin AFB, a lot of space but if they nab you riding around in or on anything that doesn't have a tag and title funs over. Had one of the old 250cc 3 wheelers it was a blast in the sand. Now days my 1988 S15 Jimmy is about all I get to play with in the dirt or a golf cart at the course and sporting clays. Golf carts are kind of dull for sure (as Ron White said moves at the speed of smell) but it beats hauling all the equipment by hand.

I have had a few of them over the years and we were issued 6 wheeled diesel John Deer gators, and 4/6 wheel Polaris 500, and 700 Sportsman in Iraq and Africa. I have two 4WD ATVs here that I ride all over the mountains for fun.

They are great machines and almost as good as a tractor on the farm with all the attachment you can get for them. The UTV are better than a truck as they fit the farm better and are very handy but a little too fast.Archs029.jpg

My buddy when were were fixing fence.

Edited by Arch

My team used Polaris Ranger 6x6 UTVs and Sportsman 700 ATVs when we seized Baghdad in 03. This was way before all this IED shit started, just bad guys with guns and good guys with guns and ATVs! :devil: I shit you not, we had our machine gunners in the back of the Rangers as a quasi guntruck setup. We ran on roads in downtown Baghdad that you wouldn't want to do in an uparmored Humvee or MRAP today. Anyway, the Rangers were GTG as were the Sportsmans. Here are a couple of pics using the Ranger to tow some Iraqi FROG rockets out of a bombed out building on the Republican Guard side of the airport in Baghdad.

FROGremoval12.jpg

FROGremoval10.jpg