THinking about a Streamlight tlr 1

Like it says, I think id like a streamlight TLR1 for my XD 40. Anyone else have one on their XD? hows do you like it?(as it does it fit well, easy to opperate. I have heard some xd rails have a funny fit) Or does anyone else have experience with some thing else they might suggest.

I've got mine on a Xd 9. Fits just fine, but make sure to tighten down the release before you shoot otherwise you will be picking it up off the ground. You can easily reach the on switch with either hand when griping the gun. Nice and bright light.

• Like 1

Nice deal.

But you do know that a report is mandatory, right? Let us know what you think about it. :super:

I was even eyeballing the TRL-3 for $75. Looks to be a bare-bones light, but it has great reviews and uses the same C4 bulb as the TRL-1 and 2.

I've got two, one with laser on my XDM 9mm, and one without laser on my 870 pistol grip.

Love them both, and they are the brightest lights I have ever seen. You can basically hold someone at gunpoint with just the light itself, because you cannot see anything past it when it's being shined on ya.

I got the stream light in today. But I waited till dark to try it out. I have not done much with it past putting it on my XD and trying it out in the dark obviously. But I have to say this thing is absolutely BAD ASS! It is very bright.(blinding) It will deff light up an entire room in the direction its pointing. It is very easy to access and activate. Seems very high quality and durable. Im glad I finally got one after putting it off for so long.

After looking at many different models I would highly suggest this one for any else who might want a weapon light. I notice you are thinking about the tlr 3 shooter, I would suggest going for the tlr1. It looks like the ltr3 is more polly framed and the tlr1 seems much more durable and higher quality for the few extra bucks.(although this is just speculation as ive not tried it out, only looked.)

Now my question is a holster. Does anyone who has this light on their handgun know of a good holster you could point me to that will accommodate the light? I really dont like my handgun being unholstered and none of my holsters will fit with the light.(just a pet peeve, even if im not wearing it I like it being safely secured.)

I got the stream light in today. But I waited till dark to try it out. I have not done much with it past putting it on my XD and trying it out in the dark obviously. But I have to say this thing is absolutely BAD ASS! It is very bright.(blinding) It will deff light up an entire room in the direction its pointing. It is very easy to access and activate. Seems very high quality and durable. Im glad I finally got one after putting it off for so long.

After looking at many different models I would highly suggest this one for any else who might want a weapon light. I notice you are thinking about the tlr 3 shooter, I would suggest going for the tlr1. It looks like the ltr3 is more polly framed and the tlr1 seems much more durable and higher quality for the few extra bucks.(although this is just speculation as ive not tried it out, only looked.)

Now my question is a holster. Does anyone who has this light on their handgun know of a good holster you could point me to that will accommodate the light? I really dont like my handgun being unholstered and none of my holsters will fit with the light.(just a pet peeve, even if im not wearing it I like it being safely secured.)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still up in the air about it.

.............and where the hell are the pictures???

• 2 weeks later...

Aight shooter I got some pics for ya. Im not that great with a camera so they didnt turn out too great. I also tried to get one in the dark to show the power of the light but it really doesnt do it justice. This thing is very bright! But doesnt appear so on camera.

100_1062.jpg

100_1067.jpg

100_1068.jpg

This one is standing in a large dining area(mid room) looking through into kitchen. Cant really tell how big, but these rooms are large and you can see everything ahead

100_1071.jpg

Standing in doorway looking into a small bedroom. Again it really doesnt do it justice but you could see a lot more than what is lit up in the picture.

100_1059.jpg

So I'm reading around, and I see there's a new TRL-1, titled the TRL-1S. It has a strobing feature, and appears to be the same price as the regular TLR-1.

Doubt I'll have much use for a strobing feature, but it could be fun to mess with. :lolol:

That could be fun indeed. Strobes always jacked with my eyes somethin awefull, dont think Id be using it much. :lolol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Speaking of TLR-1's...................

:wub: :wub:

Did you hack this picture of my gf's ass off of my computer?!!! :killer:

Oh, so you're who she was referring to when she was all like "My boyfriend doesn't know how to use his tongue like you!". :lolol:

Oh, so you're who she was referring to when she was all like "My boyfriend doesn't know how to use his tongue like you!". :lolol:

Oh you bastard! We are no longer friends.

ETA: I'll also have you know my ability to speak German and roll my R's makes my tongue quite the pleasurable power tool :P

Edited by VaiFanatic90
  • Like 1

ETA: I'll also have you know my ability to speak German and roll my R's makes my tongue quite the pleasurable power tool :P

:lolol: I took Spanish in highschool. I'm a pro R-roller too, bro!

I like my TLR-2 when at home.

SAXD9withTLR21.jpg

You need to vacuum more often. There appears to be a build of 9mm in your carpet. :lolol:

Oh hell no! That don't count!

I've always followed Uncle Ted's advice and pretended my face is a Maserati, or a motor boat... Oh yeah they love it when ya motor boat'em.

Ted Nugent's 'Wango Tango' aka 'Wang Tang Sweet Poon Tang'

Yeah you look so good baby I'm startin to drool all over myself

I got the droolin', droolin', get all wet, salivate, salivate

I got salivate late, salivate late, salivate late

Got salivate, salivate, salivate, salivate, heh heh heh

Yeah you look so good baby, I like it, I like it, I like it

You know what I been talkin' about honey

It's a nice dance, we gotta a nice dance goin' here

Now what you gotta do, I'll tell you what you gotta do

You got to pretend your face is a Maserati

It's a Maserati

It's a Maserati

It's a gettin' hotty

It's a Maserati, Maserati, Maserati

It's a fast one too man, that thing's turbocharged

You feel like a little fuel injection honey?

I'll tell ya about it, I'll tell you about it

I'll check out the hood scoop

I gotta get that hood scoop off, shine and shine and buff

I gotta buff it up, buff it up, buff it up, buff it up, buff it up,

Yeah, shiny now baby, heh heh heh

You've been drivin' all night long

It's time to put the old Maserati away

So you look for a garage, you think you see a garage

Wait a minute, Hey!, there's one up ahead

And the damn thing's open

Hello! Get in there!

This little guy's gonna make some girl really happy someday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKS2L2FlwoE

:lolol: :lolol:

This little guy's gonna make some girl really happy someday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKS2L2FlwoE

:lolol: :lolol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lolol: