I have a 97 Nissan pickup w/ manual transmission. It will not go into any gear when the engine is running. I am stumped...please help me :cryss:

My '97 Wrangler has the same problem sometimes when it comes to going into reverse. I've looked and taken the whole damn thing apart, but I'm stumped as well.

its hydraulic.....all the external parts are moving fine....it will go into gear(engine off)but still no-go with the engine running...no leaks so looks like I'm gonna tear into the internals tomorrow..only day off this week and the truck took a shit...what can ya do :ded:

sounds like the clutch is shot. put a whole kit in. you can see wear on a clutch disc, you can feel a bad throwout bearing, but theres no way to "check for" a bad pressure plate. also, check the flywheel for wear and/or heat damage, i.e. "hot spots". may need re-surfaced or replaced.

Donk, it sounds like your clutch isn't moving back enough to let you shift.

I'm not familiar with Nissans though, so this is a weak educated guess.

or spyder gears may have broke. that heppened in my wrangler. check your rear punkin.

You wanna track down & harass whoever decided to put a Dana 35 in a 6 banger torque motor equiped 4X with me?

I assume that's the rear you blew up.

I did the same... 3 times!!! before I put a 44 back there.

I HATE GEAR OIL!!!!

Edited by Paulyski