Camo Dipped Stocks,Forearms and Pistol Grips

Here in Arkansas the snow geese population has been tearing up some serious turf on the rice field plantations.

The Saiga 12 seems to be the going thing now, as they have lifted limits on geese to no limit, and they have no magazine restrictions. Now, electronic callers may be used and the "wanton waste" has been suspended for two weeks a year.

So, we are doing Saiga conversions that are using the PolyChoke with the 10 and 20 round drum a magazines and we are selling them faster than we can make them to goose hunters of all things. I'd never though it, its crazy.

I am getting requests for camouflage versions of the Saiga.Having talked to two different camo dippers, they both say that the receiver on an AK is a bitch to do to make it come out right, so they quit doing them. Even so, I can send the stocks, forearms, pistol grips and even the magazines to be dipped in most of the popular patterns. I am thinking of the new Mossy Oak Breakup and Shadow grass.

What do you all think? Is this something that will look good on the Saiga shotgun and it is something that you'd want?

It wont be cheap, because the process is not cheap. BY the time you factor in shipping, handling and reassembly, it'll be high...but I deal mostly with people that have enough money that its no object when it comes to their hobby's.

So, what's the general consensus? Worth it or not?

Here in Arkansas the snow geese population has been tearing up some serious turf on the rice field plantations.

The Saiga 12 seems to be the going thing now, as they have lifted limits on geese to no limit, and they have no magazine restrictions. Now, electronic callers may be used and the "wanton waste" has been suspended for two weeks a year.

So, we are doing Saiga conversions that are using the PolyChoke with the 10 and 20 round drum a magazines and we are selling them faster than we can make them to goose hunters of all things. I'd never though it, its crazy.

I am getting requests for camouflage versions of the Saiga.Having talked to two different camo dippers, they both say that the receiver on an AK is a bitch to do to make it come out right, so they quit doing them. Even so, I can send the stocks, forearms, pistol grips and even the magazines to be dipped in most of the popular patterns. I am thinking of the new Mossy Oak Breakup and Shadow grass.

What do you all think? Is this something that will look good on the Saiga shotgun and it is something that you'd want?

It wont be cheap, because the process is not cheap. BY the time you factor in shipping, handling and reassembly, it'll be high...but I deal mostly with people that have enough money that its no object when it comes to their hobby's.

So, what's the general consensus? Worth it or not?

Yes it is.

I am talking to a guy this week about doing my forearms, stock and grip in digital woodland.

It is an expensive process. I have a Mossy 835 Turkey gun with a factory Mossy Oak finish. I replaced the buttstock with a Knoxx recoil reducing stock that I wanted to get dipped. Dynamic Finishes quoted me $180 to dip it so I ended up doing my best Krylon camp job on it instead.

How can they say an AK receiver is difficult to dip compared to a stock that has five separate parts plus the moving parts for the stock mechanism ? My Knoxx has the optional Power Pak which adds a raised cheek piece, shell holder, and spare battery compartment.

No, it was for the Knoxx Spec Ops stock in particular as they had already been dipping a bunch for Remington and knew what it entailed. There's a taxidermist around here that will dip animal skulls in Mossy Oak, etc. I'm going to call and see if he'll do gun parts.