I'm looking for recommendations regarding powder for reloading 308 ammo to be loaded with mid-range (147-168 gr.) bullets and fired from a Saige with a 16" barrel. My desire is the best combo of accuracy and reduced muzzle flash/blast. Ane thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Old SF

Edited by Old SF MJT

I'm looking for recommendations regarding powder for reloading 308 ammo to be loaded with mid-range (147-168 gr.) bullets and fired from a Saige with a 16" barrel. My desire is the best combo of accuracy and reduced muzzle flash/blast. Ane thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Old AF

Varget, H335, IMR4320 in that order....

I would also add these to that...

IMR4064 and IMR8028XBR

I have found the 4064 performs EXCEPTIONALLY in the 308, and the XBR will give VERY similar results to varget and 4064 however its interesting tweak is that it is almost totally unaffected by temperature variations...

If you are shooting in below zero weather, or the sweltering heat of the south... your XBR loaded ammo will shoot virtually to the same POI regardless.

:smoke:

I would also add these to that...

IMR4064 and IMR8028XBR

I have found the 4064 performs EXCEPTIONALLY in the 308, and the XBR will give VERY similar results to varget and 4064 however its interesting tweak is that it is almost totally unaffected by temperature variations...

If you are shooting in below zero weather, or the sweltering heat of the south... your XBR loaded ammo will shoot virtually to the same POI regardless.

Is the XBR new? I had never heard of it... Thanks for the info I have to try it....

• 4 weeks later...

I mis-spoke... it is IMR 8208 XBR !! but yeah... it works awesome! Love the shiny gold labels on the jugs! :up:

Has anyone tried 8208 in 7.62X39? If so, do you have a pet load for a 123 grain SP? I've used the powder for .223 and 6PPC, and the results have been great.