What's a decent low cost handguard with rails?

Tapco makes one (polymer HG with 3 independent polymer rails), and I think they can be had for around $50 new. I think after that you are up into the $100 range for other rail systems! To be honest I would save my pennies a little longer and buy a quality rail system. That's just me though! Good luck and let us know what you go with.

I have a Tapco Intrafuse handguard and I have not had any problems with it. I have a vertical grip on the bottom rail, and I put a flashlight on the side every now and then. I don't want to violate posting rules, but I may or not have a spare... PM me if you're interested.

Check and see if Chaos is still having their sale I got their tri-rail for $80 shipped. If that isn't still going I believe I saw a Chaos quad rail in the wts/wtt section of the forum for around $80. I would definately save up and get one the aluminum rails my Chaos is rock solid. If that's not your cup of tea you can look at the Tapco and I think SGM makes one for around $70.

Check and see if Chaos is still having their sale I got their tri-rail for $80 shipped. If that isn't still going I believe I saw a Chaos quad rail in the wts/wtt section of the forum for around $80. I would definately save up and get one the aluminum rails my Chaos is rock solid. If that's not your cup of tea you can look at the Tapco and I think SGM makes one for around $70.

I was going to suggest Chaos too. Last I checked, they are still on sale...

http://www.chaosus.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=TRI_RAIL

The Tapco tri-rail is nice and cheap, and for it's price it's alright, but beware. If you have a larger vertical grip with possibly with a light attachment and anything over a ten round magazine you will not be able to remove the magazine without removing your grip first. In all honesty I would save up a little more for the chaos rails or at the very least the SGM tri-rail forearm.

• 1 month later...

Question on the post from JamesLi- about the compatibility of the Tapco forearm with the ten rd and longer magazines. Is the problem with the vertical grip you attached and/or a lite/laser mounted on the bottom rail? Or is it with the forearm itself, not just with protruding attachments???

Thanks for a quick answer, I hope. My Tapco forearm is on the way.

AL

Question on the post from JamesLi- about the compatibility of the Tapco forearm with the ten rd and longer magazines. Is the problem with the vertical grip you attached and/or a lite/laser mounted on the bottom rail? Or is it with the forearm itself, not just with protruding attachments???

AL

He was referring to attachments on the rail. I have a vertical grip on the bottom of my Tapco handguard and it clears my long mags and drum just fine. I just have to mount it pretty far forward.

Thanks Joe. I was hoping that I wasn't going to install the arm and then be unable to play Mag-Switch with the gun.

BTW Mid-West Outdoors (TV Show) just did a 10 minute segment on the different types of slugs for deer hunting with a shotgun. Very informative. Will be replayed a dozen times over the next couple of weeks on 605 on direct tv

AL

I was referring to a vertical grip, such as my STOPLITE STL-300J which when attached on the bottom rail would not allow for longer mags to detach. Eventually I just modified the forearm and it's no longer an issue.