Stock Saiga 5.45 vs. CAI Bulgy Ak74

I'd go with a chrome lined barrel. Combat accuracy is going to be fine on either, but I like the chrome lined barrel just for maintenance's sake. Either way you're going to pretty much have to clean the gun after shooting it, the ammo is mostly corrosive in the 5.45 chambering but the chrome lined barrel would speed things up a little. Over time it'll be worth it... 50$ spread over the rifle's lifetime isn't too much.

Better yet just buy an SGL-31 or something... or a Bulgy sidefolder kit gun

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd go with the saiga! I've been down the long hard road of Century junk and have finally ended up where i should have started. My tantal keyholed and my bulgy had canted sights. Picked up my slightly used saiga tuesday and can fell the difference..... now to swap out the stock and find a Pk-a red dot!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had both and let me just say the bulgy isn't put together very well. Good parts except the barrel but they didn't even use the corect length rivets to mount the trunioun the the reciver on mine. This caused them to eventualy work lose. The bulgy had very poor accuracy as a result. About a 10 inch group at 100 yards with a 3- 9 -40 nikon. The saiga I have now is so much better. Good build quality, great barrel, and very very acurate in comparison. With same scope setup it is doing .5 inch groups at 50 yards. I haven't got to shoot at a 100 yet. This is all using the cheap surplus ammo. The centurys are just to hit or miss on quality. Buy a saiga now or you'll buy one latter.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...