Foregrip reviews

Hello forum! I am looking to buy a new foregrip to replace my stock grip. I noticed heat really builds up. I would like your ideas and feelings about replacements or upgrades to make the rifle run cooler and allow for adding minor tacticool options in the future.

Me personally, I like the UTG quad rail. It does a great job at dissipating heat. Some will say that it puts pressure on the barrel and affect accuracy. I don't notice that, plus I don't actually agree with that. The barrel isn't free floating like a traditional bolt action. It connects at the receiver as well as through the gas tub connection. Some my observation is that having the UTG quad rail on it doesn't affect the accuracy at all. With "Open Sites" and my bad eyes, I can still keep all the rounds in the size of a grapefruit at 100 yards. That's just leaning on a bench. Not real bench rests or anything. Anyway, that's what I have an like.

Me personally, I like the UTG quad rail. It does a great job at dissipating heat. Some will say that it puts pressure on the barrel and affect accuracy. I don't notice that, plus I don't actually agree with that. The barrel isn't free floating like a traditional bolt action. It connects at the receiver as well as through the gas tub connection. Some my observation is that having the UTG quad rail on it doesn't affect the accuracy at all. With "Open Sites" and my bad eyes, I can still keep all the rounds in the size of a grapefruit at 100 yards. That's just leaning on a bench. Not real bench rests or anything. Anyway, that's what I have an like.

Did it add a lot of weight?

To be honest I would rather have a heavy forend than a light one. When I remove my Ultimak forend the balance of the entire rifle changes, and it's much more difficult to keep the rifle on target for follow-up shots.

Perhaps that's just me, YMMV, but I love my Ultimak rails, they have proven to be solid enough for my purposes.

To be honest I would rather have a heavy forend than a light one. When I remove my Ultimak forend the balance of the entire rifle changes, and it's much more difficult to keep the rifle on target for follow-up shots.

Perhaps that's just me, YMMV, but I love my Ultimak rails, they have proven to be solid enough for my purposes.

I agree on the weight. It was "Different" at first, but you really get use to it. But one thing is for sure, I can shoot this with the recoil and feel of a 22LR. In other words, I can fire a round and the gun doesn't move at all. No flinching. Matter of fact, my eyes don't even blink. And at 100% with open siights, (Reflex sight), I can put all shots in about the size of a baseball. Little heavier, but much more stable.

Any metal rail system will add weight, that is the nature of the beast, but I'd rather have a lighter one all other things being equal. The AK is already a bit front heavy. A .223 certain has no need of additional weight to tame harsh recoil. The way I use my rifles weight matters. I'll take a comp to a bunch of weight to control muzzle rise.