Need to put this to an end.

Well since a "sniper" AK is almost as much of a Oxymoron as "stealth" Aircraft Carrier, I will pick the lower and more practical of the two.

Hey, let's not forget that you asked! :lolol:

• Like 1

Remember you asked for our opinions, so don't get mad when you get it: The Tantel looking one on the bottom of course, its the better looking of the two. The stock on the weapon at the top of the photo looks gay.

Maybe it's not the best one out there, but certainly it beats the 74 stock I believe.

Edited by The Russki

Peel the insulation off the stock on the folder and it would look infinitely better. A simple paracord wrap will look much better, and in a pinch you'll have a lot of paracord to use for....anything you need. Also, it needs an upper handguard.

The way things sit now, it still gets my vote though.

Peel the insulation off the stock on the folder and it would look infinitely better. A simple paracord wrap will look much better, and in a pinch you'll have a lot of paracord to use for....anything you need. Also, it needs an upper handguard.

The way things sit now, it still gets my vote though.

The whole idea behind using the Saiga gas tube was for it to have a look like it was literally pieced together. The Tantal also has a posp scope but I forgot to add it in the picture. Once I get around to it, I'll post it.

Remember you asked for our opinions, so don't get mad when you get it: The Tantel looking one on the bottom of course, its the better looking of the two. The stock on the weapon at the top of the photo looks gay.

I would have figured a "gay" looking weapon would be pink or rainbow. Time to grow up, use your big boy words, you don't like it because... *rolls eyes

The poster has placed a voters tab at the top of this post. Don't forget to cast your vote. Judging by what people are saying the Tantel is winning but based by the vote tab the other gun is winning. CAST YOUR VOTES GENTS.

There's no real point in voting on junk in a forum, where you can just state which you prefer and the OP can read the responses.

Per which is better... Both look like good builds, I prefer neither of them. The tantal is nice, but I hate the "donkey-dick" handguard. The psuedo-sniper is nice, but I have a choate stock on one of my guns and I don't really like it.

Edited by vbrtrmn

Bottom unit is superior. However both rifles need a lot of work.

Suggestions?

For the bottom unit, I would invest in a proper upper handguard and get rid of the donkey dangle. Not sure I have any constructive suggestions for the top one... that thing is just a mall ninjas abortion...

Edited by bigsal
  • 2 weeks later...

That big donkey cock hanging off the forend of that lower gun is not for me. Nor is that spindly looking wire/tube stock.

So I guess my vote has to be for the upper gun.

Tony

:lol:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

There's a lot of parts I'd change on the "sniper" rifle, but I still prefer it to the bottom one.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Can't decide..

On the top one

Don't like that stock. muzzle brake looks wierd to me, prefer the standard ones.

Forearm seems alright, love the POSP and if your gonna go with a bipod I do like that design.

On the bottom one

Hate donkey dong.. and the lack of the gas tube handguard makes it look wierder..

I like the muzzle brake, and the wood color is nice.. Don't like wirefolders personally but I respect them as classy so I give it points there.

Recomendations would be put the normal muzzle brake on the top one, ditch that stock.. maybe replace the forearms and go more traditional, although they arn't terrible and if the rest of the rifle is clean it shouldn't scream ninja.

On the bottom.. yeah donkey dick has to go, and the upper handguard is needed, even taliban cave men tend to have more upper handguard stocks laying around than the standard saiga gas tube..

BUT...

and this is really important.. You asked what we thought looked nicer.. If the stock on the upper one looks better TO YOU and improves ergonomics or makes you more effective I wouldn't change a thing.. likewise for the rest of the stuff I personally don't like, even that horrible donkey dong.

Edited by volkov

Ever since this thread was started, a couple of things have changed: The upper received an AKMN flash hider. The lower got a standard '74 upper hand guard and changed the ropes on the stock. I think they'll stay that was for a while now as we're both pleased with the results. Pictures will follow later this week. Thanks everyone for the input thus far!