135 replies to this topic

#31 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

After the ejector block is milled, the right hand side of the forward pin will need to be secured, either by removing it and replacing by tapping for a 10-32 taperhead screw or by counter boring and welding flush like we do for the "Slab-Side" models.

Attached Thumbnails

• Misc pics Auto BHO 014.jpg

President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
117 West Market St Suite B
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126
Office Phone - (740) 942 3175

Office Fax - (740) 942 3639

#32 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Ending up with something like this...

Attached Thumbnails

• Misc pics Auto BHO 029.jpg

President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

#33 DrGonZo

DrGonZo

Savage

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

When do the pre-orders start shipping?
"When the going gets weird, The Weird turn Pro." - HST

#34 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hope to start shipping the standards the end of next week. With Deluxe models the following week. Trying to get cute little knobby things for the release , but you may have to live with standard shoulder alan bolts.
  • DrGonZo likes this
President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

#35 towerofpower93

towerofpower93

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hope to start shipping the standards the end of next week. With Deluxe models the following week. Trying to get cute little knobby things for the release , but you may have to live with standard shoulder alan bolts.

Screw cute little knobs, Saigas need to have the appearance of being cobbled together with shop leftovers before cleanng up a stage against a bunch of folks packing Benellis and other tube guns.

I'll happily take my DIY Deluxe version sooner with a regular ass alan bolt:)

Eric

Edited by towerofpower93, 05 September 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#36 PYRO

PYRO

P.W.F.

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

I'll be calling Vicki on Tuesdays to upgrade my pre-order to the "deluxe" model,,,,,,,,,I'm glad I checked this before it shipped. No worries about the knob, I can lathe up something for it. Thanks Tom, for a great new addition to my gun.
Wayne Coatney @
Pyro Works Fabrication
"Hawaii's 4x4 Fabrication Headquarters"

#37 evlblkwpnz

evlblkwpnz

6.5"

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

Tom,
The LRBHO looks really strong. I am a DIYer. Are the installation instructions going to be fairly detailed? It appears that this can be done with a quality drill bit set, tap set, and minimal other tools. Correct?

Prodigy....

#38 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

Tom,
The LRBHO looks really strong. I am a DIYer. Are the installation instructions going to be fairly detailed? It appears that this can be done with a quality drill bit set, tap set, and minimal other tools. Correct?

If you can cut a fairly straight 1/8 inch wide notch/slot you should be good to go.........

Working up instructions with pics...............These are just about as big a pain as getting the timing right on the BHO was......
President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

#39 madmax4x4

madmax4x4

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

I have seen some little knobs on gas station pocket knives that would work nice. Don't know of a supplier were they get them. China?

#40 evlblkwpnz

evlblkwpnz

6.5"

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

On the little knob, I'm game for just roughing up a socket cap allen screw and calling it a day. It would be nice to have a little knurl on there, but whatever. However, slicker may be better depending on how it contacts the hand, if at all, during firing.

Prodigy....

#41 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

On the little knob, I'm game for just roughing up a socket cap allen screw and calling it a day. It would be nice to have a little knurl on there, but whatever. However, slicker may be better depending on how it contacts the hand, if at all, during firing.

Knob button is pretty minor and is a standard thread, easy change out........ I'm not holding up production on a minor issue........
President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

#42 hobbyshooter

hobbyshooter

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hi Tom. I just placed my order today for the standard DIY LRBHO. I would like it to auto close also. previously you eluded this was simply a matter of "tuning". Could you elaborate on that feature more?

Also, could you explain why the "right side of the forward pin" needs to be secured? Are you referring to the forward Axis pin?

After the ejector block is milled, the right hand side of the forward pin will need to be secured, either by removing it and replacing by tapping for a 10-32 taperhead screw or by counter boring and welding flush like we do for the "Slab-Side" models.

#43 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hi Tom. I just placed my order today for the standard DIY LRBHO. I would like it to auto close also. previously you eluded this was simply a matter of "tuning". Could you elaborate on that feature more?

Also, could you explain why the "right side of the forward pin" needs to be secured? Are you referring to the forward Axis pin?

The BHO as it comes just needs a good polishing and maybe slight angle adjustment to the mating surfaces where it engages the bolt carrier to allow it to self release.
I have posted a pic earlier in this thread showing the right hand half of the ejector block pin that sometimes needs secured.
President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

#44 sapper1371usmc

sapper1371usmc

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Just upgraded my standard to a deluxe model.

Tom, I have a question though. Your earlier post, you said the pin will need to be secured via tapped and screwed using a 10/32 screw. Do you have any pictures of this? The screw would have to be flush, would it not, to make sure the safety lever can move freely up or down?

Also, you go on to state that you guys counterbore and weld. What exactly do you mean by counterboring? Im assuming this is the prefered method for it will be more secure (no worries of a screw backing out)and will look better.
"When your life depends on it, you will not rise to the level of your expectations, but fall to the level of your training."

#45 hobbyshooter

hobbyshooter

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

How deep does the slot in the ejector block have to be?

Edited by hobbyshooter, 16 September 2010 - 10:01 AM.

#46 HarvKY

HarvKY

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Just for comparison or ideas: http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=60&osCsid=f94d893f8a03bac84255459665f8cf22

Im sure any number of various knife, kydex sources have a similar selection

Cheers,
Harv
Parts I'm looking for:
- 5.5mm Trunnion/Hinge for Folding AK Stocks
- ACE Folding Mechanism NON pushbutton style
- RSA Trigger/FCG for 308Saiga/Vepr
- Dinzag Lower HG Retainer Bolt-on style

A Public Service Reminder:
If you know someone who has repeated emotional outbursts and displays inappropriate behavior, such as crude, nasty language typically used by children or the less educated, or who demonstrates aggressive, provocative actions toawrds others, these are often signs of a deep seated emotional disturbance or more serious mental health problem.

Please check the yellow pages for your nearest local mental health facility to get that person help as soon as these warning signs become evident.
You can find out more at: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health

#47 TO THE FLOOR

TO THE FLOOR

Ambassador of Confusion

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

Tom: I don't know much about gunsmithing and I don't understand a lot of this so I sent my gun to you...#434. Am I good to go or do I need to call vickie to update to a deluxe model??? Thanks Scott
"Democracy is two wolfs and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

#48 Racer 27

Racer 27

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

Tom: I don't know much about gunsmithing and I don't understand a lot of this so I sent my gun to you...#434. Am I good to go or do I need to call vickie to update to a deluxe model??? Thanks Scott

I'm #433. I emailed vickie and she changed mine and I got charged the extra $25. So I would call to make sure.

Tom,

Is there 400+ guns in front of ours?

Edited by Racer 27, 17 September 2010 - 09:13 AM.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark Professionals built the Titanic.
DO YOUR OWN CONVERSION!

Look here for how: http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=40886

#49 TO THE FLOOR

TO THE FLOOR

Ambassador of Confusion

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

That is their numbering system for the year. I called and changed mine (maybe) sounds like my gun is done with the standard but.... Tom is out of the office today but vickie said you can call her Monday morning for a for sure status on your gun.
"Democracy is two wolfs and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

#50 Racer 27

Racer 27

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

:super: That's good news.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark Professionals built the Titanic.
DO YOUR OWN CONVERSION!

Look here for how: http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=40886

#51 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,718 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

I was standing there when you called Vicki today, actually.

Like she was telling you, the numbers are done based on a couple of things, mostly what needs doing to the gun.

like tom will pull 5 guns that need barrel work on tuesday, and then on wednesday, he will pull a couple full conversions. thursday he might pull a few warranty guns that get upgrades. Mondays is plain warranty work, and only X guns are pulled per week, normally.

This speeds things up, but will cause say, order # 425 and 456 to be worked on a the same time, when # 436 is the middle number in the gunsmithing range. Parts scarcities and other issues can cause some guns to fall way behind schedule as well. Some guns happen to fall together quicker for whatever reason here and there as well.

There are three number systems at CGW - warranty, Gunsmithing and totally new orders.

Vicki has slowly been migrating over to a universal system with the gunsmithing and new order stuff, but warranty items still ahve thier own numbers.

To clarify something you were discussing as well, you can go from standard LRBHO to deluxe models, but not the other way around once the slot is cut into the side of the gun (if you dont use the stock BHO hole and go for a side receiver whoosie whatsits postition thingamabob delux uber super disengage).

sorry for my misspelling, typing off the floor tonight, upstairs is a fuckin disaster tonight
Rockin the Saiga world since 2003

#52 bigbadj

bigbadj

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

:super: That's good news.

Yes it is, I'm #437. Should be getting a shipping label from Vicki soon.

#53 DrGonZo

DrGonZo

Savage

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

Any estimation on when these bad little f**kers will start shipping? I cant wait, its been so long since I've done any mods to my S12 that I think shes getting lonely.
"When the going gets weird, The Weird turn Pro." - HST

#54 sezme

sezme

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

Tom,

I'd like to send you my gun for the BHO, and to fit the factory skeleton stock that I've already purchased. How do I proceed?

Stu

#55 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

Tom,

I'd like to send you my gun for the BHO, and to fit the factory skeleton stock that I've already purchased. How do I proceed?

Stu

Just call the office, after wednesday. Vicki made a quick run to visit her mother in N.C., in lock-down............(assisted living).....
President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

#56 sezme

sezme

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:01 AM

Thanks Tom.

Last question.... Are there any operational ramifications of reducing the barrel length of the S-12? Also, I live in the republik of NJ. Does anyone know what the minimum overall legnth of a semi-automatic shotgun would be for me? Pumps are 26" but I think semi's are different but I could be wrong.

#57 towerofpower93

towerofpower93

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Any timeframe on the deluxe DIY kits shipping? I'm moving in a week and a half and if it's going to be close I'll give Vicki a call and make sure she has the new address.

Thanks

Eric

#58 one2za

one2za

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

I apologize but I must admit I'm disappointed. I had been following this saga and had been hoping for a simple drop-in part.
This mod sounds beyond what I want to try myself and more than I can afford to spend to have it done.
Who knows, maybe the economy will improve once we run the Marxists and Commies out, and I'll have more to spend. (But I'm not holding my breath.)

Edited by one2za, 30 September 2010 - 06:41 AM.

Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo!

#59 TO THE FLOOR

TO THE FLOOR

Ambassador of Confusion

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

Got my gun back today...thanks Tom. I will test it on Sunday and post a range report thereafter in the s12 section.

#60 Tom Cole

Tom Cole

SaigaMeister

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

Got my gun back today...thanks Tom. I will test it on Sunday and post a range report thereafter in the s12 section.

Check your mags before you go.... please.....
President and Owner

Cadiz Gun Works
P.O. Box 126
Cadiz, OH 43907-0126

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users