Well last saturday on our way to my sister's house i got real sick in Ohio. We still had to get to North Carolina. I was burning up with fever had uncontrollable chills and was in severe pain in my lower back and down my left leg. Now the pain in my back and leg is normal from my nerve damage but the rest of the symptoms were not. Well we got to NC about 12:00 am went to bed the fever broke about 3:00am but I woke up with a swollen left leg and it was very red and painful. We went to the ER in Raleigh and I ended up getting admitted to the hospital with a very severe and and rapidly spreading infection in a matter of hours it had spread from my ankle all the way up to the lymph nodes in my groin on my left side. I just got released from the hospital today just in time to be heading back home in a couple of days. Great vacation huh? I'm definitely not looking forward to having to drive back home still not feeling 100%. Hoping and praying all goes well on our trip home. Could also use some prayers from you guys for my sister as she has to go in tomorrow for a cone biopsy of her cervix as they think she may have cancer that was one of the reasons we made the trip down here to see her and be here with her while she gets the procedure done.

We're thinking about ya here and praying too bro, for both of ya. Wish we had some time to get together while you are this close. Raleigh's only half an hour from here.

Good luck to both of you. Some of the best cancer doctors around are right here in NC, I know all about that....

I hate vacations like that.

What type of infection? MRSA?

You guys are in my prayers.

God Bless.

Paul

Yeah the doctor said he had never seen one progress so fast he said it was very aggressive. They were pumping 2000mg of vancamycin (sp) and clindomycin (sp) through my IV alternating every 6 hours. man I felt so bad I just wanted to die last Saturday on the way down here I actually had thought about just opening the door to the truck and jumping out but it was a fleeting thought. My fever was so high it felt as if someone was boiling my head in a pot. My chills were so bad I couldn't stop shivering it was so violent that I actually had to stop and let my wife take over the driving for most of the rest of the trip until she got tired then I took over again. I never want to feel that bad again. Thanks guys for all your thoughts and prayers we really need them for my sister, as I seem to be recovering alright thanks to God for guiding the doctors in the path ofmy treatment. I will add they were pumping so many antibiotics in me they had to draw blood every day to make sure they weren't damaging my kidneys.

Heading home tomorrow not looking forward to the drive but it has to be done. Can't wait to get back home though been having MW2 withdrawals :haha: My leg continues to hurt like crazy but the swelling and the redness are mostly gone. It itches something terrible though but it seems to be on the inside. Guess that means it's healing. We're going to stop 1/2 way so we should be home Monday evening barring anymore problems. Thanks again guys for your thoughts and prayers, theDuke.

Heading home tomorrow not looking forward to the drive but it has to be done. Can't wait to get back home though been having MW2 withdrawals :haha: My leg continues to hurt like crazy but the swelling and the redness are mostly gone. It itches something terrible though but it seems to be on the inside. Guess that means it's healing. We're going to stop 1/2 way so we should be home Monday evening barring anymore problems. Thanks again guys for your thoughts and prayers, theDuke.

Glad to hear the swelling and redness is going away. That's a good sign.

............and I'll try to jump online sometime and tear some shit up with ya on MW2! :super:

Well we made it home though our trip back was not without incidence. We stopped in Akron Ohio last night to spend the night at the Baymont hotel. Well my wife threw the sheets back on our bed and there was this huge blood spot on the under sheet. We called the desk and they sent up house keeping and ended up giving us a new room well the room we got the curtains would not close and the bright parking lot lights shined right into our room so I got no sleep at all and the air conditioner rattled like crazy. After this fiasco we decided we didn't want to chance the breakfast so we just headed home. We did make very good time though as we got here about 11:30am. Feels good to be home for sure I have to make a follow up doctor appointment and a follow up appointment for the trans on my truck which performed flawlessly they just want to do a function test. Well I'll get back online for some PS3 MW2 soon. Have to sit with my leg elevated anyway per doctors orders so might as well play some MW2 :haha: Dan you hear that :haha:. theDuke

Well it just keeps getting better. I have now developed a rash across my stomach and my back and groin that I believe is from the antibiotics. They still have me taking 1800mg of the Clindamycin daily as well as 200mg of Doxycycline daily. I think it may be the Doxycycline though as I was getting 2000mg of the Clindamycin 2 times daily as well as 2000mg of Vancamycin 2 times daily intraveiniously for 4 days straight with no rash evident but have only been on the Doxy for 4 days now. I'm getting ticked. I have alergies to Ceclor, Bactrim, and Zithromycin anyway so it looks like I may be alergic to another antibiotic now.

Sounds like the vacation from hell. Hows your sister doing? I wish the best for you both.

My sister had the procedure done but they said they wouldn't have the results for 2 weeks. I think that's crap they make you wait that long when you're trying to find out if you have cancer. Well I had to go to the Doctor today as the rash is really getting severe. They said it's definitely a reaction to the meds but I have to keep taking the Clindamycin as the MRSA bacteria is very resistant to most antibiotics and if I stopped taking it then it would build up a resistance to it and it would no longer be affective if I ever needed it again. So I quit taking the Doxycycline got a 120mg shot of Depo medrol and have to take Claritin tablets and stay out of the heat and Sun. Meanwhile I'm itching and burning like crazy waiting for the Depo Medrol to kick in. So MW2 here I am just what I needed another excuse to play.

Well I'll get back online for some PS3 MW2 soon. Have to sit with my leg elevated anyway per doctors orders so might as well play some MW2 :haha: Dan you hear that :haha:. theDuke

I hear ya, bro! Hopefully I'll catch you on and we can get some games in.

I'm feeling better but still not 100% the doc say's it could take months to completely get over it. The swelling has just about completely diminished but it is still sore as heck. That was how I knew something weird was going on in the first place as I don't usually have much feeling on the outside of my left leg due to my nerve damage but it hurt like heck when someone touched my leg or foot even putting on a sock is very painful. The doc's say it's because it has affected the nerves at the subcutaneous level and they are just screaming with pain. I still don't understand all this nerve stuff as the nerves are damaged from my broken spine but they still transfer pain signals even though they don't supply enough of a signal to the muscles so the muscles are atropyhing (sp). I have several times wanted to cut this leg off to get rid of the pain but they say it wouldn't do any good. The rash is just about gone also but it still itches. Yeah I saw you were on after I got back on. I have been sniping alot lately or attempting to I should say. I did have some fairly good games doing it one with 17 kills 1 assist and only 1 death then the next game 16 kills 2 assist and 2 deaths I now have over 520 kills sniping. I'll be on later it's dinner time now. Might go shoot the rifles sometime today also. My sister posted that her biopsy came back good so Thank God for that and thanks to all you guys for praying for us. Hope to get some games in with ya soon.

I'm feeling better but still not 100% the doc say's it could take months to completely get over it. The swelling has just about completely diminished but it is still sore as heck. That was how I knew something weird was going on in the first place as I don't usually have much feeling on the outside of my left leg due to my nerve damage but it hurt like heck when someone touched my leg or foot even putting on a sock is very painful. The doc's say it's because it has affected the nerves at the subcutaneous level and they are just screaming with pain. I still don't understand all this nerve stuff as the nerves are damaged from my broken spine but they still transfer pain signals even though they don't supply enough of a signal to the muscles so the muscles are atropyhing (sp). I have several times wanted to cut this leg off to get rid of the pain but they say it wouldn't do any good. The rash is just about gone also but it still itches. Yeah I saw you were on after I got back on. I have been sniping alot lately or attempting to I should say. I did have some fairly good games doing it one with 17 kills 1 assist and only 1 death then the next game 16 kills 2 assist and 2 deaths I now have over 520 kills sniping. I'll be on later it's dinner time now. Might go shoot the rifles sometime today also. My sister posted that her biopsy came back good so Thank God for that and thanks to all you guys for praying for us. Hope to get some games in with ya soon.

Glad you're feeling better, even if it's not 100% quite yet. You'll get there soon, bro.

I only snipe in HC. 1-hit kills with any sniper rifle, even if it's silenced. No Stopping Power needed. :super: