In the vast storehouse of knowledge that is this forum, I am certain that someeone can answer this question. I have a guy who wants to trade me a pump-action Romarm CAI AK chambered in 5.56X45. I have never heard of or seen one and was wondering what it is worth. I searched on Google and this sight, but a pump-action AK could not be found. So, is it a worthy find or a piece of junk?

Depends on what you consider "worthy" or "junk".

There is no functioning gas system, so it's far more accurate than it's self-loading brethren.

There is no functioning gas system, so it has a bit more recoil than it's self-loading brethren.

It's not a semi-automatic rifle, so you can Barbie it up all you like w/o fear of 922r (including the use of "non sporting magazines")

I have seen these at gun shows and always thought about picking one up. The same guy always has them, and he's the only one I have ever seen with them. His prices are under 400 but I don't remember exactly where. I'm thinking above 3 and under 4, but don't quote that. I know they were cheaper than his Semi's.

Those were mainly created for sales in California; slide action means no limitation on using a detachable magazine in combination with a pistol grip. Big 5 Sporting Goods carried them for a very short while, that's the only time I've ever handled them. They are not like a typical pump-action shotgun; there is no slide release button, the bolt is simply held forward by the recoil spring. Thus, of course, you're fighting the recoil spring every time you cycle it. I am unsure as to whether the barrels were made specifically with no gas port, or if they somehow plugged the gas port or the gas block. Either way, the sliding forend (wood, as I seem to recall) is held to a modified piston by two pins with built in wire retaining springs. Punch those out with the nose of a cartridge, then the rest of it takes down like any other AK.