Arsenal Handguard retainer

It looks like Arsenal is getting into the S12 aftermarket. I just got this email from KVar and it had this among other items. kvar's site... retainer

I don't really care for short handguards on an S12, but for some of you other guys, this may be a great addition. It has a sling loop on the side and a tapped hole for the factory sling loop. Looks nice.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

It looks like Arsenal is getting into the S12 aftermarket. I just got this email from KVar and it had this among other items. kvar's site... retainer

I don't really care for short handguards on an S12, but for some of you other guys, this may be a great addition. It has a sling loop on the side and a tapped hole for the factory sling loop. Looks nice.

SG-022_003web-01.jpgSG-022_004web-01.jpg

Fuckin-A that's sweet! :up:

I think this one's kinda gay though;

sg405-3.jpg

You know Evil....

I feel like I'm talkin' to myself when I respond to your posts now...

Or kinda like watchin' some other guy kiss my ex. ^_^

Edited by Paulyski

Several have done this before as dyi projects, but for the price I don't think you can beat it. I'm guessing they'll sell a ton of the retainers and handguards-as for the rail, probably not so much.

I'm one of them.

It took me a couple hours to make mine, if I did it as production, it would still take at least 30 minuets each to make & finish so it wouldn't be worth the time compared to these quickly stamped out units.

Yeah, pride in doing it yourself is great & all, but buying it for 25 bucks & having it installed in 5 minuets is really cool.

ETA; they should use a slotted screw though.

That allen key stuff doesn't fly with me.

No specialized tools should be required to disassemble an AK based firearm.

If it's threaded, I should be able to turn it with a blade, or something easily found in the field, otherwise, it's a liability.

Edited by Paulyski

Pauly,

I just can't believe that's my avatar. It makes me want to reread all of my posts.

The rail does look a little too 'UTG-like' to me. I dig the retainer though and the handguard looks OK. The retainer might be nice with the block moved back and some Krink handguards....

So does this only accomodate their RPK style handguard? Or all RPK handguards? Or short AK handguards or what? K-var's site is kinda vague on compatibility.:unsure:

Looking at everything, I am rather certain it accommodates all the factory AK type fore-ends.

Plus, it looks like it can tale take a full sling, as opposed to just a hook.

That rocks! :super:

Edited by Paulyski

I guess the real question with K-Var will be "Will it ever be in stock"?

True. What the hell is going on with K-Var? I'd expect them to have everything on their site but foreign barrels but they are ALWAYS out of everything you'd want. I don't even look to them first for AK parts any more because they are perpetually out of stock.

I really like the look of that grip. the only think I'd want is a spot to add a super small rail for a light. While having a total of 2.5 linear feet of rail looks cool, in reality (at least for me) all I need is a secure, compact place for a forend light.

I really like the look of that grip. the only think I'd want is a spot to add a super small rail for a light. While having a total of 2.5 linear feet of rail looks cool, in reality (at least for me) all I need is a secure, compact place for a forend light.

Every time I see fore-ends covered in picatinny I always think... "Damn... That would be uncomfortable to grip while shooting if I were in the field & somehow the rubber inserts that make it possible to grip the rails comfortably went missing.

I know that's improbable in most situations, but the Russian snipers had the same problems with people stealing the cheek pads off of their Dragunov stocks to put on the triangle folders on their AKs.

That's why the PSL's stock is cut like it is. To avoid that scenario.

It's not just to make it look uglier or for cheaper production.

It sucks that people steal, or shit gets lost, but one should account for EVERY possible scenario if they really want to be prepared.

Every time I see fore-ends covered in picatinny I always think... "Damn... That would be uncomfortable to grip while shooting if I were in the field & somehow the rubber inserts that make it possible to grip the rails comfortably went missing.

I know that's improbable in most situations, but the Russian snipers had the same problems with people stealing the cheek pads off of their Dragunov stocks to put on the triangle folders on their AKs.

That's why the PSL's stock is cut like it is. To avoid that scenario.

It's not just to make it look uglier or for cheaper production.

It sucks that people steal, or shit gets lost, but one should account for EVERY possible scenario if they really want to be prepared.

If someone managed to steal my foregrip + rail covers I think I'd have more to worry about than my hands hurting.

To be honest I just think they look cool :smoke:

If someone managed to steal my foregrip + rail covers I think I'd have more to worry about than my hands hurting.

To be honest I just think they look cool :smoke:

I'd just be worried about missing rail covers.

Unfortunately, I experienced that there's a lot of thieves in the military. Sad, but true. A LOT of thieves.

I assume one would run into the same thing with militia if the SHTF.