Trap & Skeet?

the advice here is awesome from everybody, i tried a "crazy quail" game at my local range (it is the best of trap and skeet without the stupid mag rules, bring a 20 rd drum and say "pull em all" then let the shells fly if you really want to). To be competitive im seriously considering an izhmash 107 (non threaded 24" barrel) with a twister puck, 2 round mags, and a poly choke fitted after threading the barrel with a 22x.75 METRIC tap/die (i can never remember which is which) so i meet 922r and range rules for mag loading so i can show those fudds how to really shoot a clay, and remind them russian "we buy in CHEAP bulk" steel is way cooler and stronger than italian "sissy damaged by brass and costs an arm and a leg" steel.

think of it this way they are all jealous because we have the speed of "supercars" while hanging in the barely modified "honda civic class".

stupid fudds. they stimulate the economy way tooooooooooooo much with $2k o/u's.

• 2 months later...

Brand new Saiga owner here. I shot trap yesterday with it. Normally I use one of two shotguns, a Beretta 390 or an old Japanese Nikko O/U, and my scores are typically 20-23 per 25. With the Saiga bone stock, except for an MD plug and a 10 round ProMag, I was hitting about 50% or so using cheap Wal-Mart bulk crap. The gun cycled everything just fine. I have a feeling that with a little effort and practice, I'd be doing as good as I do with my usual trap guns.

Incidentally, I was trying some #6 shot in the Pro-Mag. The ten round PM feeds the light crappy loads with no trouble, but it doesn't want to feed the heavier stuff. It wasn't the gun, the mag was just too tight, and wasn't letting them pop up. Any solutions?