Saiga 30 round mag

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Simply put, very few were imported, and none are being imported now.

So as supply and demand dicates, the higer the demand and the lower the supply, the higher the price will be.

Hopefully the new importer will be on their feet soon and these will be nore readily available.

I paid about $38 for one a year or so ago.

They seem to have gone away. Can anyone give me the nutshell version of their status and why they are so hard to find now?

I have 2 30 rounders I got from Ramsey sports awile ago I got mine for $28 a piece I knew I should have bought more. The rumors I hear are that the factory is no longer manufacturing them and has no plans to do so. Not sure its true or not. If we ever get a new importer we'll see if they return.

I may be able to let one of mine go for $100 shipped lol. As you can see I dont really want to part with either of them. But as they say everythings for sale.........for the the right price.

It looks like Russian Military has them in stock for about $50 U.S. each plus shipping:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

Wolverine

"Brand new Izhmash' 10-round black plastic magazine in 30-round body for Saiga M3 carbine, can easily be converted into 30-round Saiga or AK-47 magazine (AK-47 converted mags come @ £28)"

Price: £26-00

Price: £28-00

Edited by Wolverine
It looks like Russian Military has them in stock for about $50 each plus shipping:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

Wolverine

"Brand new Izhmash' 10-round black plastic magazine in 30-round body for Saiga M3 carbine, can easily be converted into 30-round Saiga or AK-47 magazine (AK-47 converted mags come @ £28)"

Price: £26-00 

Price: £28-00

Damn you wolverine lol how am I supposed to make a killing off my mag if you do that stuff :lolol::eek:

that pic from rusmilitary doesn't look like the factory saiga mags i've seen.

those look like polish ak mags.

i've been informed that there are converted polish ak mags for sale advertised as factory saiga.

BEWARE!

the saiga mags i've seen have the izhmash logo on the side. and the locking lug in the front is "saiga-ish" looking. the ones in the pic are "ak-ish".

if you know the difference you can tell.

i've been informed that there are converted polish ak mags for sale advertised as factory saiga.

BEWARE!

the saiga mags i've seen have the izhmash logo on the side. and the locking lug in the front is "saiga-ish" looking. the ones in the pic are "ak-ish".

Not sure what your talking about my factoiry 30 rounders have no markings on the side and I know they arent modified AK mags. Mine are Exactly like the ones pictured

Edited by stokstad

BEWARE!

Not sure what your talking about my factoiry 30 rounders have no markings on the side and I know they arent modified AK mags. Mine are Exactly like the ones pictured

Mine have a white painted "4" in the upper left corner on one side (left as magazine fits in rifle) and the Izhmash insignia at the bottom of the other side of the magazine. Of course the feed is a standard Saiga 7.62 feed as found on the ten round Saiga mag and is different than standard AK mags including the polish mags I recently purchased from AIM for $10 each. It may be the pictures used in the ad are for AK's as they reference both mags in the same advertisement.

I have purchased .223 and .410 mags from RusMil but never the 7.62 so I don't know for sure. CDNN sells the 10 rd. for $15. EAA and others initially sold the 30 rounders for less than $40 each and two for $70 plus shipping. We thought that was rape. When EAA ran out and small dealers had them prices crept all the way to $60 each until they were pretty much gone.

Be careful with what you see and buy!

I saw this 7.62 mag on Gunbroker.

Description for Item # 33799523

This is a 30 rnd steal mag for the SAIGA 7.62X39 rifles. As those of you who have tried to put an AK-47 mag into a SAIGA have discovered.... They don't work!!! Even if you get one that will fit into your rifle (or you took a grinder to your AK mag to get it to fit).... You still will not be able to cycle rounds correctly. Well, this is an actuall SAIGA hi cap mag. It cycles flawlessly. Please email me with any questions. I can not ship these to areas where they are prohibited. Sorry bout you poor fools in The Peoples Republic of California. Good luck on your bidding!

I E-mailed him through Gunbroker, asking if it had the Izhmash logo,and how he knew it was a factoy mag. This is the response that I receieved back.

Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 33799523

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:10:08 EDT

To:

Attachments: 0 Printer Friendly Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is not a factory SAIGA hicap mag. SAIGA never imported any hicap mags into this country. EAA screwed the country from getting anything else from Izhmash. We (R&K International LLC) were one of the importers of Izhmash before EAA. We were given the specs for the mags. I have a company that converts AK mags to SAIGA specs.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Thanks for your interest.

Ray

His description sure is misleading.

Ace

Edited by acetomatoco

stokstad

sounds like you got ripped.

if yours look exactly like the ones pictured you got some phonies.

like wolverine said, all the legit factory saiga mags i've seen had the izhmash logo on the side and the front locking lug is like the other saiga factory mags, not like a regular ak mag like in the rusmilitary photos.

maybe rm's photo is misrepresented but that doesn't stop the fact that you got some converted polish mags.

stokstad

sounds like you got ripped.

if yours look exactly like the ones pictured you got some phonies.

like wolverine said, all the legit factory saiga mags i've seen had the izhmash logo on the side and the front locking lug is like the other saiga factory mags, not like a regular ak mag like in the rusmilitary photos.

maybe rm's photo is misrepresented but that doesn't stop the fact that you got some converted polish mags.

NM Mine still look exactly like the ones picture and I do have the Saiga marking at the bottom missed that before. I also have the #4 printed on it by the feed ramp so I do have factory mag so I know I didnt get hosed. I am not stupid. Thank you very much. Now my ten rounder that came with my gun has no Saiga markings so that must be fake.

Somewhere along the line, It seems that Izhmash changed the saiga so it couldn't accept standard AK mags. The older versions of the Saiga could, but the new ones can not.

It would make sense that Izhmash would manufacture "saiga" mags (really just ak mags with a different body style) so they could make more money.

When the redesigned the rifle, the mags were redesinged as well, thats why those siaga mags look different, they are an older version.

For more on this, check this thread http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=6120

stokstad

only the 30 rounders had the izhmash logo on em.

you can tell a saiga mag by the way the front locking lug on the mag is designed.

maybe they had some older ones that were designed a little different like saiga shooter said.

i've been fucking around with saigas for over six years so i believe i know what the fuck i'm talking about.

by the way, i didn't have an attitude and i didn't ask for one so keep your fucking smartass comments to yourself!

Im not being a smartass your assuming im an idiot I said in my post that I missed the logo on the bottom of mine. Dont take a holier than though I'm smarter than you attitute with me. you came across that way to me. It was the way you phrased your comment. How bout saying are you sure there are no markings on it?

My 7.62x39 has no feed ramp and it is too new to accept unmodified mags. So without seeing the markings on my FACTORY mags I new they were not some rip off cheap ass modified AK mags.

Im sorry for the misunderstanding. I havent had Saigas as long as you but I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to the stuff I have. I am now dropping this subject. Again sorry for pissing you off. Good day sir

One last thing before I quit this post. Rus military has been doing a good job of supplying the demand for Saiga mags. I havent had any personal experience with them but they seem to do good for everyone they deal with on this site. So with that I doubt they would be selling rip off mags.

Edited by stokstad

Yep, those are the real deal. Valuable to those who must have OEM or are not going to convert and add a bullet guide. If you convert adding the US parts and bullet guide, you can make an AK mag work. I took two converted rifles out today and shot them. One is a 7.62 with a bullet guide. I snapped in a Bulgy waffle and ripped through thirty rds flawlessly and then insert a Polish 30 rounder and did the same. Looks like the conversion works. If I can do it anybody can!!! :rolleyes:

I had a great time with my newly converted .223. I was using the standard sights and put 8 out of 10 on a paper plate at 100 yards with the first standard magazine. Then I inserted a modified Galil and let 30 more fly. The mag worked fine without a bullet guide but the makeshift JB weld ramp looks like it took a few nicks which makes me question whether it will stand the test of time under real use. But heck playing is half the fun and shooting the other half!!! :super:

Wolverine :smoke:

Edited by Wolverine

I'll offer to buy any reasonably priced actual polymer saiga 30rd mags.......

know that FinnSaiga/Marko Rustalien is selling these shipped at approx $50.00 each shipped economy. and $58.00 Priority from Finland...i have bought many from him.....

and yes....Rusmilitary does have many correct ones in stock....and!....you can choose between actual century series AK103 7.62x39 mags, and Saiga series 7.62 mags....same look, markings, slight feedramp difference......

I'll pay 60.00 each used here in US....lemme know.

I can wait 7-14 days it takes for Marko, or Oleg to send me them........

But, why not support your forum members!