Saiga 30 round mag

I paid $45 for a 30 round Saiga magazine at a gun show to David McWhorter who is a magazine dealer in Michigan and sells in Ohio. The magazine came in a paper wrapper like the ten round Saiga mags. I don't know whether they are modified AK mags or whatever but it functions flawlessly. ProMag makes a copy of the Bulgarian magazine and I asked them to modify their mags for the Saiga, we'll see what they do. ProMag's magazines are US made so that qualifies as three US made parts.

If the idiotic USC18, 922r wasn't a problem you could weld the channel in the top of the magazine or add a feed ramp to solve the hi cap problem. You would then file the magazine tang or the mag catch on the rifle to take AK mags. Unfortunately we have to comply with these idiotic laws that don't deter real criminals.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $45  for a 30 round Saiga magazine at a gun show to David McWhorter who is a magazine dealer in Michigan and sells in Ohio.  The magazine came in a paper wrapper like the ten round Saiga mags.

:osama:  :killer:

:sadam:  :killer:

Last time I saw these mags was 3 months ago and the were polish synthetic mags.

gunfarm.com has one real Sagia mag left give him a try

Oleg@Rusmilitary has em for 26 euros....(trying him now. i'll let you know)

FinnSaiga has em for 40 euro each.(he sold me good quality ones. Good shipping too)

but you get the waiting game for free.....

Dodge,

What is the delivered cost from Oleg? Around $50 each?

individually...hang on....i'll divide.....hee hee

Dodge,

Smart guy. What did you do buy a gross or something?

I'm just curious what Oleg wants. I still have three rifles I have not converted so I am using the factory mags. While it is tempting to install a guide and shave the release and use AK mags it is not legal and I have no desire to go to the big house and meet Bubba in my cell if you know what I mean. :eek::eek:

Wolverine

i saw a sign at the gun show saiga 30 round mags 35 dollars so i had to see they were just welded up ak mags that the guy was selling as factory saiga mags i kinda laughed and handed it back. i dont think he liked that but so what for the misleading statements and whatnot...

i saw a sign at the gun show saiga 30 round mags 35 dollars so i had to see they were just welded up ak mags that the guy was selling as factory saiga mags i kinda laughed and handed it back. i dont think he liked that but so what for the misleading statements and whatnot...

Just saw the exact same thing lol. its pathetic. While I was there I tried talking some kid into buying a Saiga. Told him to check out this site hehe.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone come across any legal issues importing the magazines from England (http://www.rusmilitary.com)? Dollar limits, quantity limits, etc.

I'd like to know if there's any fine print that I missed somewhere that doesn't allow ordering mags from outside the US if you're not some kind of authorized importer (they still are only 10 round magazines).

While they do cost £26 Pounds ($45.61 each), they reduce the cost by $7.98 each for order outside the EU, which helps the cost a bit.

all prices on this website will be reduced by 17.5% (VAT tax free) if you are based outside the European Union (USA, Canada, Australia, HK, Norway, Switzerland etc.)
Has anyone come across any legal issues importing the magazines from England (http://www.rusmilitary.com)? Dollar limits, quantity limits, etc.

I'd like to know if there's any fine print that I missed somewhere that doesn't allow ordering mags from outside the US if you're not some kind of authorized importer (they still are only 10 round magazines).

While they do cost £26 Pounds ($45.61 each), they reduce the cost by $7.98 each for order outside the EU, which helps the cost a bit.

all prices on this website will be reduced by 17.5% (VAT tax free) if you are based outside the European Union (USA, Canada, Australia, HK, Norway, Switzerland etc.)

The delivered cost to your door when you factor in exchange rate and shipping is $45 each. I've got the cc bill and two new mags (as of today) confirming it. :rolleyes:

Any body ever ordered from http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html ??? He said he has saiga 30 rd clips for $59.99 for 1 or 3 for $120.00. I read a review of his site and they said good things about him. I ordered 3 and they're supposed to be here on monday. I got a gut feeling they just may be modded AK mags...

Any body ever ordered from http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html ??? He said he has saiga 30 rd clips for $59.99 for 1 or 3 for $120.00. I read a review of his site and they said good things about him. I ordered 3 and they're supposed to be here on monday. I got a gut feeling they just may be modded AK mags...

I got a gut feeling you're right. I have seen these at several gun shows. They are metal not synthethic and do not bear the Russian markings. They ain't the real Russian deal. I'd raise a stink with him if they are mods. If he advertised Saiga mags you should get genuine Russian Saiga mags or your money back. Then you can order from Russian Military. I got my mags in two weeks time which is about a week sooner than usual. :super::super:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_magazines.htm

Good luck.

Wolverine :smoke:

Saiga_30_rd_mags.jpg

Edited by Wolverine

Those in that pic don't look like Polies or at least mine. Not enough little ribs along the inside curve. Do Saiga mags have metal floorplates like that?

Tickbite is kind of local to me and I always get something from them at the gun show. I don't remember ever seeing any Saiga mags at his booth. He's been fair with me over the years though so if there is a problem he will probably give you a refund. Maybe you will be lucky and he actually found some somewhere.

Edited by Cobra 76 two
tickbite is kind of local to me and I always get something from them at the gun show. I don't remember ever seeing any Saiga mags at his booth. He's been fair with me over the years though so if there is a problem he will probably give you a refund. Maybe you will be lucky and he actually found some somewhere.

The link to the site shows them as metal with ribs. I smell refund!!! :rolleyes:

tickbite is kind of local to me and I always get something from them at the gun show. I don't remember ever seeing any Saiga mags at his booth. He's been fair with me over the years though so if there is a problem he will probably give you a refund. Maybe you will be lucky and he actually found some somewhere.

The link to the site shows them as metal with ribs. I smell refund!!! :rolleyes:

They look like AK47 mags to me on the pic, but some times a lot

of bendors put any pic.

If at all possible I always try to get a picture of anything I buy online before I pay for it. I bought a nice 19" S-12 with an "eight" round mag recently and it turned out to be a 5 rounder when it was shipped! it was an honest mistake, the guy said he only put two boxes of slugs through the gun since it was new. Turns out they were 5 rd boxes. :rolleyes: He was very cool about it however and gave me a $100 refund. :super:

Says right in the ad read carefully "Each mag is hand fitted to a Saiga rifle and fired 3 times before shipping. Guaranteed to fit and function properly. We are very excited" Factory mags would not have to be "Fitted"

you're right stockstad, it does say that. I procrastinated too long when Ramsey Sports had the 30 rounders for sale. I got antsy when I saw them on tickbite supply. I saw the pics of the metal clips on there. I was hoping he just put a pic of a normal ak mag since he maybe didn't have one of the saiga. We'll find out soon enough...

The Saiga magazine has the notch in the top front filled in to function in place of the feed ramp and the tang is thinner in the rear. These are the differences between the Saiga magazine and the AK magazine. This is why converted Saiga owners add a feed ramp to their rifles. Unmodified AK mags will not work and turn the Saiga into a jam-amatic instead of functioning flawlessly. I was hoping ProMag would make them for the Saiga so we would have 3 US made parts for the idiotic USC922 compliance.

I see many modified magazines at the gun shows selling as Saiga magazines because of the difficulty in getting real Saiga mags.

Edited by uzitiger
Those in that pic don't look like Polies or at least mine. Not enough little ribs along the inside curve. Do Saiga mags have metal floorplates like that?Tickbite is kind of local to me and I always get something from them at the gun show. I don't remember ever seeing any Saiga mags at his booth. He's been fair with me over the years though so if there is a problem he will probably give you a refund. Maybe you will be lucky and he actually found some somewhere.

COBRA, I meant to answer you on your question. Yes, the real Saiga Russian mags do have metal floorplates like the one shown in the picture which was taken from RusMil's advertisement page.

I doubt anyone will import these in any quantity as it seems it is a sticking point with BATFE. For now we will have to rely on Acca47 and RusMil to get the real thing. :super:

• 3 weeks later...

david, just so you know, you have to change out parts to make the gun a "US made gun" in the eyes of the law before you can attach a high capacity magazine to it, because imported guns nowadays may only take 10 or less rounds at a time, 5 for the shotgun. once you do a conversion with proper parts count, or just replace your trigger group with us parts, THEN you can insert a high cap mag into the gun.

this is why the ATF forbids the new importer to import high capacity magazines along with the gun. not sure if they would even allow a regular magazine person to import them either.

• 2 weeks later...