Saiga 30 round mag

Well...

I've been getting them for 26.00 euros/31.00 dollars each from Oleg.

I was buying about 2 a month, for $62.00 U.S. shipped, to keep under the radar with the wifey...lol

I shoulda bought more. He ran out early last month. :cryss:

Marko/FinnSaiga charged me about $40.00U.S. each, and then tagged on about $12.00 U.S. for every (2) shipped.

Oleg=62.00 for 2 mags

Marko=92.00 for 2 mags

And I haven't heard much from Marko lately. Since about Jul/Aug. So.....

post-1520-1133028990_thumb.jpg

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David of David's Collectibles (www.tickbitesupply.com) is a good guy. He's not out to screw anyone. He comes in to the gunshop where I work part-time to drop off the MPA (Ingram type) pistols. Very easygoing fellow. BTW the quality on the MPA's is better than the originals by a wide margin, in my opinion. They have a 9mm and 45 carbine out on that platform, as well as a new "mini" 9mm MPA. I will ask him what the deal is on the Saiga modded mags next time I see him.

Hey Wolverine?

Interested in a new Kobra Red Dot w/everything for a coupla Saiga 30 rounders?

Can't believe I'm offering it up. Cost me Like $190.00.

But I'm really tweakin about those 30 rounders. :rolleyes:

Dodge,

Nah, thanks anyway. I bought the last two from Oleg after trading one off to you for the 8 Polies. I still have two unconverted 7.62's that take the Saiga 30 rounders.

Oleg should come up with some more pretty soon. Besides you just got flush again after moving your .50 cal. Stay loose brother. :super:

Wolvie

I got two 30 rounders and a 10 rounder. They are the ones from EAA with the Saiga arrow and triangle at the bottom, a number 4 in a rec. box at the top. I also have two steel 5 round AK mags that are converted to work in a Saiga.

The only problem is that they have been slightly "altered". I wet sanded them down with 600 grit and sprayed acrylic laquer over the mag bodies. I have found that this is reversable. The Outers bore cleaner that I use takes this finish off, right down to the original plastic/poly if wiped on and left for more than 1 min.

I dont know if your interested in anything other than perfect condition Saiga mags. But after that last offer, it sounds like your after them with a passion. I would be willing to trade both of my 30 rounders and my 10 rounder and both 5's (if you want them all) for a large quantity of regular AK mags. Steel, Poly, Bakelite, various capacities, whatever.

I have a very nice AMD now, and I woulden't mind converting over to standard mags so that I can interchange between the two rifles. Besides, I love the way Cobra's windowed trainer mags look in my Saiga! Im not sure what your working on, or if you are even interested in these, I'm just tossing the offer out there.

Cammo Mags.

post-1374-1133031991_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1133032160_thumb.jpg

Now I am not against these painted ones at all....

Just worried about the Arrow/triangle depth after sanding....

and if they are number "1" or number "2" mags....

"1" has no 7.62x39 marking

"2" does.......

....on the 1 mags.....the 1 is very light to begin with.....

I would lightly remove that paint anyway...just wondering on the sanding.

know what I mean?

The markings are still there, but not as clear as they would have been originally. Also there are some light scratches on these mags because I use them frequently. I gave them a light but thourough sanding, I figured I would offer them anyway. I wasen't sure if you could use them or not. I will just convert the mags to work in a standard AK when I get around to installing a feedramp if your not interested. One of the many projects that Ill probably never get around to anyway......lol

Here are some close ups.

Some more.

post-1374-1133056290_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1133056304_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1133056568_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1133056583_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1133056668_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1133056682_thumb.jpg

post-1374-1133056754_thumb.jpg

Hey wait a minute. Pistonring said he was going to trade me one of those mags for a tactical leg holster, a tac vest and body armor! Oh yeah and a case of hot sauce. And thats all...And this lamp.

Deal!

Enjoy your new / old Saiga mags Dodge!

Now I have to put a bullet guide in, file down my mag catch and use standard AK mags like everybody else. Hey, Cobra..... Got any more of thoes cool assed window mags?

Where is the cheapest place to get AK mags? Steel, poly, guano, bakelite....Whatever.

Aim Surp has poly waffle ProMags (30 rounders) for $15 - U.S. made...

Im a little worried about Promag, is it just me, or does most of thier products seem to be junk? Hey Dinzag, have you tried these out yet? Hey Cobra, where did you get these steel mags that your useing for your window trainers? These are nice heavy steel, I like them.

How about "Cheaper Than Dirt" they had some steel AK mags pretty cheap for awhile?