My New S-12 Cycles Federal Field & Target With Factory Plug

I was actually surprised that it did. It cycles it on setting 2, but not 1, which I consider a good thing.Hopefully it will continue to do so. I was going to get a Gunfixer plug so I could shoot the light loads,but maybe I won't have to. This is the Federal 100 rd. value pack that they sell at Wally World, 7 1/2, 1 1/8 oz.,3 dram, blah,blah,blah.

Could someone please explain how a gunfixer plug would give MORE gas with light loads than the wide open on #2 factory plug?

Wired,

It isn't called the Gun'fixer' for nothing. I think when the Gunfixer plug is installed it causes the ports to dilate to .093". It also creates another port for those guns that just won't run with 3. The factory plug doesn't do that.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Could someone please explain how a gunfixer plug would give MORE gas with light loads than the wide open on #2 factory plug?

Wired,

It isn't called the Gun'fixer' for nothing. I think when the Gunfixer plug is installed it causes the ports to dilate to .093". It also creates another port for those guns that just won't run with 3. The factory plug doesn't do that.

^_^

Despite its reputation, that plug does more to "fix" overgassed guns than undergassed ones, (to be fair, that's all Gunfixr claims it will do). I own a Gunfixr plug that I don't use anymore, (just one of my extra S-12 parts that I really should sell). I use a honed factory plug now, (a small part of the work done by Mike at LSA), and keep it on setting 1 for everything.

Your point is valid, wired. Setting 2 on the factory plug is more open than the Gunfixr 3 setting.

Edited by post-apocalyptic