Any Issues With Rust On Your Saiga 12 ?

I've shot all 3 of mine in the pouring rain and never had an issue. I take them apart and spray them with brake cleaner, dry, and relube any friction points. If you have any bare areas, hit them with a little CLP on a cloth. As long as it doesn't get a lot of finger oils/acid on it in these bare areas, you should be fine.

As with any gun, it's best to keep it oiled. Just don't leave it sitting in a damp place very long without at least a light coat of oil on any thinly coated or unpainted surfaces. My workshop is in a basement that gets pretty damp. I have left my Saigas in there for weeks at a time and seen light rust start to form on some surfaces. I had some of my bolt carriers bead blasted to bare steel and they have started to rust if left there without being oiled. Even some of the S-12s with shitty thin factory paint have showed light rust forming on some surfaces. Also want to keep any polished surfaces oiled or greased.

My Muzzle break which is a cheap one is covered in rust to the point where I tossed it. I have no idea why although my saiga does sit in the corner of my messy room. Also it appears that the rust is starting to brown the finish on my barrel also. Ive been wiping my gun down alot after shooting lately and you cant really tell at all. I ve beeen thinking about trading it in and getting a 19 incher. Ill see if I can post some pics