Quad Rail Question? How to reinstall dust cover??

It's pretty tight, but it can be done.

The "trick" is to get the dust cover as close as you can, and you will see that it "probably" needs to be rolled counter clock wise as you're looking from the back of the gun. You rotate it a bit, then lift the back of the dust cover just enough to clear the rear trunnion. Then slide it forward. It takes a little practice, but it can be done. I have one that is REALLY tight. I had to fit the extended rail around the op rod housing with a little dremel massaging.

Edited by rjrivero

When I install mine I just push it forward until the front lip seats and then with a quick smack I slap the back of the dust cover into place.

Problem on mine seem to be that I can't get the front lip of the cover to seat into it's slot. The rail is hitting the cover due to the angle and I can't get the front of the cover to slide up into the slot. I'll play with it somemore.

Cameron, should the extended portion of the rail be actually touching the cover when installed??

Thanks, Jeff