HELP - Reverse Saiga-12 Conversion?

Hi Everyone,

I need some assistance/advice from any of you knowledgable forum-members.

I just returned from training with the Marine Corps to where I live in MA. I decided to buy myself something to celebrate my completion of training, etc. To this end, I recently purchased a converted (i.e. pistol grip installed, trigger group moved forward, bolt hold open installed), FTF using an FA-10 from a fellow MA-resident. Unfortunately for me, I did not know at the time of purchase that this shotgun was not compliant with MA-laws. I have removed the pistol grip from the shotgun, to ensure that I am within the law. I am not certain what the best course of action for me is...

I could:

1. Sell the shotgun to someone in a "free" state, where the converted shotgun would be compliant

2. Trade the shotgun to someone in a "free" state for an unconverted Saiga-12 (or whatever else)

3. Reverse-convert my current Saiga-12, back to the "sporterized" configuration

If anyone has any advice for me, or could provide me with some idea of what it would take to reverse-convert my Saiga (I know... it sucks to even consider this...), I would greatly appreciate the help.

Hi Everyone,

I need some assistance/advice from any of you knowledgable forum-members.

I just returned from training with the Marine Corps to where I live in MA. I decided to buy myself something to celebrate my completion of training, etc. To this end, I recently purchased a converted (i.e. pistol grip installed, trigger group moved forward, bolt hold open installed), FTF using an FA-10 from a fellow MA-resident. Unfortunately for me, I did not know at the time of purchase that this shotgun was not compliant with MA-laws. I have removed the pistol grip from the shotgun, to ensure that I am within the law. I am not certain what the best course of action for me is...

I could:

1. Sell the shotgun to someone in a "free" state, where the converted shotgun would be compliant

2. Trade the shotgun to someone in a "free" state for an unconverted Saiga-12 (or whatever else)

3. Reverse-convert my current Saiga-12, back to the "sporterized" configuration

If anyone has any advice for me, or could provide me with some idea of what it would take to reverse-convert my Saiga (I know... it sucks to even consider this...), I would greatly appreciate the help.

Got pics? Price?

Put a thumb-hole stock on it and call it a day. That will make you compliant if you're looking to comply. Otherwise it is highly unlikely that you would get in trouble unless you did something else dumb to get attention. My other piece of advice is to not post something like this on a public forum but it's a little late for that. With the thumb hole stock though you're gtg and keep the mag capacity to 5 rounds.

• 2 months later...

My best advice would be to move out of MA.

I'm in the same boat as any person living in the "Peoples Republik of Mass", but you know what's even worse? Being able to stand in your front yard and having the ability to throw a stone far enough that in lands in NH. Now that really sucks!

MA law leaves the issue vague.

Cal law specifically notes the thumbhole in its laws as being illegal.

Many in MA and states with similar laws run the thumbhole stocks on their conversions. I also know guys who run the PG in MA but it is illegal.

As stated go with a thumbhole and don't do stupid stuff and you should be OK. Saiga imports a 308 with thumbhole stock which would fly in the face of the bans on importation if it were not deemed to be a sporting configuration. MA follows the AWB of 94.

My best advice would be to move out of MA.

I'm in the same boat as any person living in the "Peoples Republik of Mass", but you know what's even worse? Being able to stand in your front yard and having the ability to throw a stone far enough that in lands in NH. Now that really sucks!

I'm in the same situation except my property in on the NY side of the VT border. :angry2: