5.45x39 @ Saxet Gun Show in SATX $298.00

I was wandering through the Saxet Gun Show in San Antonio, TX today bemoaning the high prices and I found this gem. Offered by PDQ something-or-other was what appeared to be an unfired, but no box, 5.45x39 16.5" barreled Saiga for $298.00. I was floored, since if you can find one now they tend to be substantially more expensive that this. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds, or I would have walked out with it. So, I thought what better place to share the wealth than here.

Their (PDQ's) booth is on the right-hand side of the building, near the entrance, about half way down the isle to the side wall - big green sign with gold lettering. Happy hunting!!!

JG

PDQ Inc, are from Corpus Christi. I'd avoid all business with them. I can across them here in San Antonio as well. They were rude beyond belief. I wanted to see the 5.45x39, but they wouldn't "show me a brand new gun" unless I purchased it. After I poked and prodded, they finally let me look at it. As it turned out, it was a 7.62x39, and the vendor replies sarcastically that he gave me the wrong gun. There have been multiple reviews and forum posts about these guys. All are pretty much negative, and talk about the same rudeness I experienced.

just got one on order, gotta get to my ffl and get him to fax in his ffl to get it shipped out tomorrow. cost me $400 after shipping and some bogus 3% non cash bs but whatever. i'd rather spend $400 on a saiga then $400 on a century build. hopefully im as happy with it once converted as i think i will be.

• 5 weeks later...

PDQ Inc, are from Corpus Christi. I'd avoid all business with them. I can across them here in San Antonio as well. They were rude beyond belief. I wanted to see the 5.45x39, but they wouldn't "show me a brand new gun" unless I purchased it. After I poked and prodded, they finally let me look at it. As it turned out, it was a 7.62x39, and the vendor replies sarcastically that he gave me the wrong gun. There have been multiple reviews and forum posts about these guys. All are pretty much negative, and talk about the same rudeness I experienced.

I agree the older guy with glasses does not have any personality and is rude . His partner with the beard on the other hand is a nice guy and no problem doing business with him. I actually bought my Saiga 12 from him .

I'm glad they didn't turn you away like they did me. They were all rude, the older gentleman was actually curteous, but once the younger guy took over, it went straight to sarcasm.

I agree the older guy with glasses does not have any personality and is rude . His partner with the beard on the other hand is a nice guy and no problem doing business with him. I actually bought my Saiga 12 from him .

I'm glad they didn't turn you away like they did me. They were all rude, the older gentleman was actually curteous, but once the younger guy took over, it went straight to sarcasm.

Gentlemen, of course that are rude. They are gun guys. Do you think they would be tolerated at McDonalds flipping burgers?

Here, if you DO find a Saiga, it'll be chillin at $500 with a 30rounder slapped in it. :eek:

I see a bunch of Saigas like that. I guess they could have replaced....the gas piston and 3 parts for the mag. that would be legal, right? :angel:

Gentlemen, of course that are rude. They are gun guys. Do you think they would be tolerated at McDonalds flipping burgers?

I'm a gun guy, and I'm not rude. I know plenty of other guys who are "gun guys" who aren't rude. They're just bitter pricks who think this is the way to make serious money.

They're just bitter pricks who think this is the way to make serious money.

I bet the history channel will come up with a gun dealer show. All they have to do is look tough at the camera and cross their arms like all the other shows they've created in the past year.:lolol:

They're just bitter pricks who think this is the way to make serious money.

I bet the history channel will come up with a gun dealer show. All they have to do is look tough at the camera and cross their arms like all the other shows they've created in the past year.:lolol:

"They're trying to make their largest profit yet... Family owned business... but Pa ain't dickin' around..."

"Catch the season premier of 'Dealin' with Dicks' on the History Channel."

• 5 weeks later...

Those that are negative about PDQ apparently want to pay top dollar for anything they buy. Brad and Terry mark their prices to rock bottom and sell their guns. They may seem rude but between the two of them they sell 60+ guns a day. They absolutely have zero time for chit chat and can appear rude when they are actually focused on what they are doing to make sure all t's are crossed and i's are dotted to stay in business. Brad is a retired school teacher and Terry (the "old guy with glasses") is a 29 year retired SEAL Team member. They have their guns priced to sell and are far to busy to discuss them with brain pickers. If you want to pay retail+ go elsewhere. If you want the best price at ANY gun show stick around and be patient.

Edited by cdj7097

Those that are negative about PDQ apparently want to pay top dollar for anything they buy. Brad and Terry mark their prices to rock bottom and sell their guns. They may seem rude but between the two of them they sell 60+ guns a day. They absolutely have zero time for chit chat and can appear rude when they are actually focused on what they are doing to make sure all t's are crossed and i's are dotted to stay in business. Brad is a retired school teacher and Terry (the "old guy with glasses") is a 29 year retired SEAL Team member. They have their guns priced to sell and are far to busy to discuss them. If you want to pay retail+ go elsewhere. If you want the best price at ANY gun show stick around and be patient.

Which is why I found deals similar to that from other retailers at the same gun show from people who were very focused on what they were doing, but were still willing to answer any questions and cater to any need I had. They wouldn't even let me see the damn gun unless I bought it, then I get handed the wrong gun. You call that being focused? Honestly? Don't just join up and shill for these guys, you won't get far. I saw cheaper deals on S12s last weekend from other vendors that weren't Brad and Terry. They weren't dotting their i's and crossing their t's at all during my experience, and I wasn't the only person who this happened too that day. And I'm sure it went on last weekend too. As for being patient, I'm one of the first to get there, and one of the last to leave, I stay til closing. And why are you hung up on this retail price garbage? I never said anything about wanting to pay retail. I'm pretty sure if some of our forum members were bold and had the supplies, they'd offer a 5.45x39 for $299, and they would bend over backwards to make sure you're getting what you want.

Which is why I found deals similar to that from other retailers at the same gun show from people who were very focused on what they were doing, but were still willing to answer any questions and cater to any need I had. They wouldn't even let me see the damn gun unless I bought it, then I get handed the wrong gun. You call that being focused? Honestly? Don't just join up and shill for these guys, you won't get far. I saw cheaper deals on S12s last weekend from other vendors that weren't Brad and Terry. They weren't dotting their i's and crossing their t's at all during my experience, and I wasn't the only person who this happened too that day. And I'm sure it went on last weekend too. As for being patient, I'm one of the first to get there, and one of the last to leave, I stay til closing. And why are you hung up on this retail price garbage? I never said anything about wanting to pay retail. I'm pretty sure if some of our forum members were bold and had the supplies, they'd offer a 5.45x39 for $299, and they would bend over backwards to make sure you're getting what you want.

I've been going to the show for quite some time. I'm curious, who has the guns cheaper than PDQ. I thought I knew pretty much everyone there. Do you have a company or persons name? As far as "shilling" for them I have no interest in their business nor do they need a shill.

Curious thing though. Every week I see other dealers buying guns from Brad and Terry for resale before the show opens. They continue buying throughout the weekend sometimes carrying away arm loads of guns. The last few weeks it's been unfired parkerized Remington 870 Wingmaster's for the outlandish price of $189. You will find those guns all over the show for $365 and up. They price for quick sale and have dozens of customers every weekend that come to the show for the sole purpose of buying directly from them and then leave the show. When I said "chit chat" I was refering to the countless "brain pickers" they deal with each weekend. I'm sure if you spoke to them about your concerns they would accomodate you.

Edited by cdj7097

I've been going to the show for quite some time. I'm curious, who has the guns cheaper than PDQ. I thought I knew pretty much everyone there. Do you have a company or persons name? As far as "shilling" for them I have no interest in their business nor do they need a shill.

Curious thing though. Every week I see other dealers buying guns from Brad and Terry for resale before the show opens. They continue buying throughout the weekend sometimes carrying away arm loads of guns. The last few weeks it's been unfired parkerized Remington 870 Wingmaster's for the outlandish price of $189. You will find those guns all over the show for $365 and up. They price for quick sale and have dozens of customers every weekend that come to the show for the sole purpose of buying directly from them and then leave the show. When I said "chit chat" I was refering to the countless "brain pickers" they deal with each weekend. I'm sure if you spoke to them about your concerns they would accomodate you.

Ballistic Firearms does an excellent job of offering great deals, as well as Chernushin Firearms, and a few others who I've bought from over the last few months have had no problems matching prices or even beating them. As for the $189 Wingmaster, I didn't see any of those. I saw the lazily "converted" Saiga shotguns for several hundred dollars more than what it would cost to buy the rifle brand new and get all the required parts to convert it from one of our forum business members. $189 for a gun like that doesn't make sense. How are they making money? Or is money no object to them? As for concerns, I had no concerns, all I wanted to see was the Saiga 5.45x39 rifle. Immediately I get this "You can't see it unless you buy it" bullshit. Are you honestly going to go to a dealership, purchase a car, and never test drive it, or if it's used, ask about the vehicle history and inspect it? Of course you wouldn't, you'd want a chance to examine what you're buying to make sure it's what YOU want. Anyway, after arguing that I just want to see the damn rifle I'm handed a 7.62x39 and am expected to believe that it's the right one. When I point it out, I immediately get "Oh look, I handed you the wrong gun." along with some other remarks. At that point, I don't care if they gave the thing to me for free, they did not "accommodate" me or seem "focused" about what they were doing at all. I bet you just love their website too, it's so well thought out and put together. And as for the shill thing joining up, and immediately saying "Anyone who's negative about PDQ wants to pay top dollar, and if they don't, they'll immediately go to PDQ for all their gun needs as they are priced to go!!!" seems like shilling to me. But you're right, they are busy, and focused, you should have seen the guy munching away at his sandwich, what a pro!!! I knew they'd be the supplier for my gun needs!!

Who's "PDQ?"

PDQ

822 Behmann Street

Corpus Christi, TX 78418-4914

(361) 850-0300

Giving an address still doesn't exactly explain who they are or what they do. Google PDQ and the first thing you get is Car Wash Equipment followed by the National Cancer Institute followed by door hardware, followed by food stores, and so on. Not until you add Corpus Christi will you find their website, or any merchant tracker website that has their info. So simply posting the address and phone number doesn't help. You say they're too busy to "chit-chat" so I doubt they'd welcome any phone calls inquiring about their wonderful company.

Edited by VaiFanatic90
  • Like 1

I found them on-line and sent them an email. They replied quickly and informed me that they had no more Saigas, but had a 5.45x39 for $389.00 and would have it in San Antonio for the Saxet Gun Show. I was out of town, so I didn't make it. At this point I'm looking at the Live Oak show Nov. 27 & 28. Maybe I'll have some cash by then, but I doubt it...

JG

Who's "PDQ?"

PDQ

822 Behmann Street

Corpus Christi, TX 78418-4914

(361) 850-0300

Giving an address still doesn't exactly explain who they are or what they do. Google PDQ and the first thing you get is Car Wash Equipment followed by the National Cancer Institute followed by door hardware, followed by food stores, and so on. Not until you add Corpus Christi will you find their website, or any merchant tracker website that has their info. So simply posting the address and phone number doesn't help. You say they're too busy to "chit-chat" so I doubt they'd welcome any phone calls inquiring about their wonderful company.

Your right I assumed you had read the entire thread. Brad is a retired school teacher and Terry (the "old guy with glasses") is a 29 year retired SEAL Team member. He can make just about anything you want. They sell lots of police guns and various others. Brad is a Baretta expert and collector. They don't have a web site. Just give Terry a call at 361-850-0300.

How do they sell cheap, they buy cheap and pass the savings on to us. It's qiute obvious you didn't spend much time looking at what they have available. I'm certain if you attend the next show you can find some Wingmasters on their table. If they don't have the $189 standard laying there ask for them. You will also see some Wingmaster 3" magnums for $239 if their not sold out.. As far as asking someone to "match" a price I would rather shop where I know the price is already low.

Edited by cdj7097