A little more explanation on "I push it too far upward it gets stuck" as well as some photographs would help us determine everything was in working order... because it does lock up good, normally, in the Safe position, and should come loose with some spirited downward pressure. If it's NOT coming off safe, obviously something else is amiss.

Now, if you're looking for something to aid in switching from Safe to fire, several folks make safety levers with another little tab on the bottom: it makes it so you can actuate the lever with your right hand still on the Pistol grip.

You can either buy one from folks like CSS, or send the lever you already have to Dinzag for the modification.

post-25215-032328900 1283691823_thumb.jpg

post-25215-007310900 1283691829_thumb.jpg

Edited by MN.9130

I dont like the stock safety lever on my S12. If I push it too far upward it gets stuck. And it is not easy to move between F and S. How can I replace/fix this?

After my conversion, mine went up too far too. If you look at my little avatar picture, you can see a small dent I drilled for the little bump on the safety lever to stop in. I have also ground the lower edge of the divot so the lever can slide out more easily, and I plan on putting a small weld bead or drop of JB weld above it to keep the lever from going too far. As for making it easier to move, you can bend it outward slightly so it doesn't rub on the receiver as hard.

That's the way the safety is "designed" to work. It covers up the rear most portion of the bolt to prevent dirt and dust infiltration. The drill stop is a good idea to keep you from closing the safety all the way, but you don't get the full cover benefit from it either.

Here is a picture of it. Note how it is way past the S position. To move it back down I need to use a tool to lift it up and move it. Maybe the mod you described is what I need.

What I did in order not to lift the safety on its way back down to the F position, is us a needle file and bump off the edge of the receiver right where the selector slides off the receiver, I also polished the back of the safety. Dont polish too much off the back, because now you will have a huge scratch on your receiver from the whole side of the safety lever rubbing the receiver. I drag my gun in dirt and sand so I need the selector to pass the receiver.

The safety is supposed to work that way???? It gets stuck in the bolt and I have to pry it out with a tool to move it to F. Stupid Ruskies! Is the Krebs or Dinzag mod safety easier to move to F from being stuck in the bolt? Or maybe I just need to bend it a bit so it is easier to move?

If its that stiff where you need a Tool. Try bending it with your Hand. Mine was never that hard to move back down. Looking at your pic, you should only have one scratch line from the Selector. I see two scrapes, the original between S and F plus the one going across a Rivet. Bend that selector out a bit with your hand or polish behind the selector thats rubbing across the Rivet.

Edited by Sumsky