I am working on getting a car to shoot. A buddy is getting rid of an old Subaru with no motor or tranny. If he can't get rid of it this week, It will be coming out to the ranch with me for a good day of shooting before meeting the crusher. Any good ideas of how to enhance this experience would be appreciated.

I would hate to have a "Why didn't I think of that" moment with an opportunity such as this.

I have half a mannequin to put in the driver seat. This could get good!! Gonna bring out the arsenal for this one, fellas!

suggest REMOVING the gas tank though.. tannerite is good, cabela has an off shoot of that also.

try shooting from the back of the vehicle from a distance and hit the head of the mannequin.. (ala headshot)

maybe use a ATV to shoot at the vehicle while moving..

and a VIDEO camera or cellphone camera is a must for videos.

the air bag sensors(s) are usually near the front grill area.. they may not deploy though if no battery is in the car.

Rule #1) Be SAFE.. and remember things can richochet.

Al

• Like 1

Any good ideas of how to enhance this experience would be appreciated.

I would hate to have a "Why didn't I think of that" moment with an opportunity such as this.

Propane tanks, Isopropanol & tracer or incendiary rounds! :super:

Edited by Paulyski

Dress up the dummy to look like Obama......

Is that legal?

I keep wanting to joke that the Obama chia head would bring clay-shooting to a whole new level, but I'm concerned that that may put those figurative cross-hairs on my back. :unsure:

• Like 2

If this happens as I hope, Fire and explosions will probably not be allowed. Montana and wildfires..... But on the bright side, Any forum member willing to come by and shoot is welcome. I've already got PVT Pablo on board with me!!

Hmmmm... A large squash or pumpkin type thing inside the car to simulate a body?? Cut it open and fill with red paint?

Tannerite may work, I don't think it shoots flaming debris all over.

Dress up the dummy to look like Obama......

Is that legal?

I keep wanting to joke that the Obama chia head would bring clay-shooting to a whole new level, but I'm concerned that that may put those figurative cross-hairs on my back. :unsure:

well it's a free country..for now..

I'd plaster it in a bunch of those little stick on targets. 5 shots apiece, loser buys the 1st round later.

You're going to have this thing for a long time. Pace yourself. Nothing wrong with lighting it on fire though.

Have fun.

Be a man and sneak up on it with your bow and arrow and see what that will do first! It might surprise you!

Good idea!! Always wanted to try it "Dukes of Hazzard" style. They always used the arrows with fire and stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like Sunday the 26th is the day it happens!! Wheeee-Haw!

Naturally, someone stole my kick-ass camera from my Tattoo shop, so I have no video capability or High speed photo capability. just a regular compact digital camera.However I will get the best photographs I can with what I got.

Saiga 12 slugs and buckshot, Saiga 7.62x39 FMJ Hollow points and soft points, Saiga .308 FMJ and soft points, .44 mag soft points and 300grain cast lead, .45 auto FMJ and hollow point, .38 special FMJ and hollow point, Even a .22 pistol! Oh, maybe a 9mm as well.

Whew! That is quite a list!