ejection problems

Havent been on in a while, my saiga 12 is a 24inch model that i bought new around one year ago. The first time it was shot it would only cycle high brass,I replaced the puck with a twister puck and a gun fixers gas plug hopeing this would do the trick,no go. My saiga only has two ports which I was told is common for the 24inch models and should cycle fine after the breakin period. I have ran 250 rounds of high brass thru it, maybe that not enough yet? I hate to think that I can only shoot the high brass any info back would be great. Thanks again Greekjeep

These weapons are designed to be used with high power rounds (slug, buckshot, etc.). The Gun fixer is for increasing the adjustability of the gas system. The Twister puck is intended to be used with higher powered loads. If you violently cycle the action a few hundred times, is that the same thing that 250 rounds of high cost.... I mean... high brass ammo would do?

I'm no expert, by far, but this is what I suggest....

1- Get a standard design US made puck for use with low powered ammo(Gogun, Chaos, etc. are all fine)

2- Use the factory plug when firing low powered ammo

3- reprofile the bottom of your bolt carrier (don't remove a lot)

4- reprofile the hammer (make sure it rests flat on the back of the tail of the bolt when you are done and do not remove so much that the hammer will not engage the disconnector)

5- smooth all friction points with 400 grit snadpaper

If this doesn't improve things, then you may need to look at slightly enlarging the ports (maybe just one drill bit size). Hopefully someone who tamed their 'problem child' 22" or 24" Saiga 12 will chime in about porting.

With the gas system o the Saiga 12, a little is a lot at times.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

These weapons are designed to be used with high power rounds (slug, buckshot, etc.). The Gun fixer is for increasing the adjustability of the gas system. The Twister puck is intended to be used with higher powered loads. If you violently cycle the action a few hundred times, is that the same thing that 250 rounds of high cost.... I mean... high brass ammo would do?

I'm no expert, by far, but this is what I suggest....

1- Get a standard design US made puck for use with low powered ammo(Gogun, Chaos, etc. are all fine)

2- Use the factory plug when firing low powered ammo

3- reprofile the bottom of your bolt carrier (don't remove a lot)

4- reprofile the hammer (make sure it rests flat on the back of the tail of the bolt when you are done and do not remove so much that the hammer will not engage the disconnector)

5- smooth all friction points with 400 grit snadpaper

If this doesn't improve things, then you may need to look at slightly enlarging the ports (maybe just one drill bit size). Hopefully someone who tamed their 'problem child' 22" or 24" Saiga 12 will chime in about porting.

With the gas system o the Saiga 12, a little is a lot at times.

That is not entirely true. The standard twisterpuc is designed to be a direct replacement for the factory puck. I have run a stnd twisterpuc in every gun I have converted. The one S12 I have now has no problems eating Winchester Bulk pack reliably. The only mods I have made were enlarged gas ports to .093", enlarged hole in gas block, reshaped and polished hammer/sear/disconnector, smoothed and polished bolt carrier/bolt. All springs are stock as well.

Now, the medium and magnum models, you would be correct in your assumption, as they vent gas around the puck.