He's just to elusive, he talks alot, but doesn't say anything concrete. If his situation is real, he needs to get a neighborhood watch party established at the very least. Needs to get the local PD invovled as to what is going on. Rural areas are havens for meth labs and other activities. Moving is not always an option for many people. I hope he gets things sorted out. Safety for family should come first. Always. Lot's of good advice here, though.

• 2 months later...

Move. Avoid violence that puts your family at risk. "4-6 armed persons with handguns,AR's and shotguns" sounds like bad odds to me. Also, something about this thread doesn't feel right....

Yeah, feels hokey as hell. I'm wary. It's like a juniuor freelance wants to say we are all armegeddeen or some bull shit.

If local law enforcement isn't responding appropriately, I would start filing complaints with the state police, they generally respond better than locals sometimes.

Well this does bring up classic past threads by Gecko45 (http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/) it also brings up, what I think, is a good point.

Dedicated home-defense weapons.

Depending on where you live, if you shoot at someone you can expect scrutiny of your actions. Any modification to your weapon that "increases its lethality" may be used against you in both a criminal and civil trial.

Just something to consider and a good argument for keeping any weapon bone-stock that you use for home defense.