I want a 9mm suppressor.......

......that I can use on both a Glock 19 and a 9mm AR. (Meaning 1 suppressor to swap back and forth)

Any suggestions? I don't know a damn thing about suppressors, but got to handle a department issued 5.56 can (AAC) yesterday and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I wanted the same thing. So I went with a Gemtech MULTIMOUNT, it has user replaceable end mounts. With a Gemtech L.I.D. recoil booster my G27 (converted to 9mm)cycles flawlessly.I even use it with a.380 converted Makarov with a solid mount,also sees use as a subcaliber can on all my .22LRs! They even have three lug end mounts!

• Like 1

I wanted the same thing. So I went with a Gemtech MULTIMOUNT, it has user replaceable end mounts. With a Gemtech L.I.D. recoil booster my G27 (converted to 9mm)cycles flawlessly.I even use it with a.380 converted Makarov with a solid mount,also sees use as a subcaliber can on all my .22LRs! They even have three lug end mounts!

Ahh! Stop that! Get yourself a dedicated .22LR can, that shit is way too dirty to mess up your 9mm can with!

I love my YHM Mite (soon to be Mites, when the transfer for #2 comes through). Great pistol suppressor, mediocre rifle suppressor. And the stainless can is rated for full-auto, and 5.7x28.

Even plated .22LR will solder a can shut in a thousand rounds or less. Treat your Multimount right :P

All IMHO of course:

Gemtech MM is what I did...it's OK on my 5" 9mm SBR but sounds good on my Sig P226. I dont know if this is because the rifle has a 3-lug attachment and the P226 is a screw-on mount.

The .22lr round creates a lead mist when fired that fouls cans quickly. Do yourself a favor and get a take-apart can so you can do your own maintinance to your baffles....my I suggest the SWR Spectre.:chris: Not to mention you could also get a .22 kit for your AR and Glock and would be able to use it on then as well.

When your ready to order may I suggest buying from Major Malfunctions. Just do a GOOGLE search and it shouldnt be hard to locate him. If you wanna PM me I'll give you my contact info...he may give you a better price. I have bought 4 cans from him over the past 2 years, he is the cheapest you will find hands down.

Respectfully,

Mike

......that I can use on both a Glock 19 and a 9mm AR. (Meaning 1 suppressor to swap back and forth)

Any suggestions? I don't know a damn thing about suppressors, but got to handle a department issued 5.56 can (AAC) yesterday and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I have a friend who has the AAC M4 2000 and it's a very nice can. He uses it on an AR-15 shorty with an 11.5 inch barrel and it's very quiet. I have heard good things about the SWR Trident, and Gemtech makes a good selection of 9mm cans in addition to thier multimount adapter. I have the Gemtech Mossad for my Uzi SMG and it's surprizingly quiet for it's size. Anyway, good luck with what ever choice you make!:rolleyes:

Edited by macaholic

Doing some research as I want a can for my G19 as well, and I'm leaning towards the SWR Trident 9 or even the Shadow 9. The Shadow 9 seems to be made more specifically for guns like the G17/19 and Sig P226. Time to watch some youtube videos on both, if I can find some.

ETA: Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkZpBlun8MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2vS9zPQDKo&feature=related

Edited by VaiFanatic90

I haved a G19, SOLD today, and was running both a Gemtech MultiMount and HTG Cycle-2 can. My next can purchase will be a SWR Trident. Everything over the past 2+ years I have read has pointed at the Trident being the best overall suppressor.

I haved a G19, SOLD today, and was running both a Gemtech MultiMount and HTG Cycle-2 can. My next can purchase will be a SWR Trident. Everything over the past 2+ years I have read has pointed at the Trident being the best overall suppressor.

So in a case of Trident vs Shadow, the Trident is better?

IMHO, yes the Trident is better.

Also, my P226 is 10x better, to my ear, suppressed then my G19 ever was. Many I have spoke with said the differance I am hearing was mainly action noise...regardless I sold the G19 and run my Sig and it sounds GREAT!

MCASSgt New River

IMHO, yes the Trident is better.

Also, my P226 is 10x better, to my ear, suppressed then my G19 ever was. Many I have spoke with said the differance I am hearing was mainly action noise...regardless I sold the G19 and run my Sig and it sounds GREAT!

MCASSgt New River

The P226 never felt right for my hand. I wish I had the chance to hear both in person.

Doing some research as I want a can for my G19 as well, and I'm leaning towards the SWR Trident 9 or even the Shadow 9. The Shadow 9 seems to be made more specifically for guns like the G17/19 and Sig P226. Time to watch some youtube videos on both, if I can find some.

Well they all seem to run alright, but it's kinda' hard to tell which one is the most quiet based on the video. :unsure:

Edited by macaholic

Well they all seem to run alright, but it's kinda' hard to tell which one is the most quiet based on the video. :unsure:

Not much else out there to compare, I don't know anyone around here who has them, so videos are all I could find. What can you share?

Not much else out there to compare, I don't know anyone around here who has them, so videos are all I could find. What can you share?

I didn't mean to come off as overly critical, I guess it just comes down to personal preferance with suppressors. Personaly, I like the Gemtech Tundra and plan to purchass one for my Glock 19 in the future. I have a friend who runs one on his Baretta at our State wide subgun matches and it's quite impressive. There are a couple of guys with AAC's and a few other top line suppressors that all work so well, its hard to tell who's running what half the time. If you like the SWR Trident go for it. Honestly, I don't think you will go wrong with any one of these cans in this video.:super:

Edited by macaholic

I have a Gemtech MultiMount & HTG Cycle-2 in 9mm. Both great cans do some searching on the HTG...never though they would be as good as they are, but mine is AWESOME on my Sig. With that being said, and agreeing with macaholic, half the time you get TOP OF THE LINE suppressors outshooting it WILL be hard to tell one from another.

• 1 month later...

I had a chance to shoot my Trident-9 today. My Form 4 hasn't come back, but my Class III FFL put on a carbine "class" today and was kind enough to bring my can with him. I shot about 300 rounds through it today. Most of the duty was done with my 9mm AR SBR. It's a joy to shoot this thing. I did put it on my Glock with the Neilson device, and it did pretty well there also. It does change the cycling a bit, and the brass didn't eject as far. A couple stove pipes as well with the 115gr WWB I had. With the 147gr handloads I was using, it was really quite quiet. I'm VERY happy with the Trident-9.

When the bullet strike on the steel plates is "deafening" it's a good day!!

There is video of me playing with the Trident 9 on Adco Firearm's Facebook page. I was playing on the dualing tree with my Glock.Can you tell which round wasn't subsonic? ;)

Edited by rjrivero

SilencerCo all the way....its a bit odd to see a box suppressor but the Osprey is a bad bitch, and hearing safe quiet

The Osprey is a nice suppressor, but we're talking about dual purpose suppressors. The Osprey is on the TOP OF THE LIST for a dedicated Pistol Suppressor, no doubt.

SilencerCo all the way....its a bit odd to see a box suppressor but the Osprey is a bad bitch, and hearing safe quiet

The Osprey is a nice suppressor, but we're talking about dual purpose suppressors. The Osprey is on the TOP OF THE LIST for a dedicated Pistol Suppressor, no doubt.

Well, you can use it on 9mm AR's...how much of a dual purpose is needed? I know the .45 Osprey cans can and have been used for other rifle apps by SilencerCo themselves...

Well, you can use it on 9mm AR's...how much of a dual purpose is needed? I know the .45 Osprey cans can and have been used for other rifle apps by SilencerCo themselves...

Interesting. My understanding was that the Osprey Cans have a built in piston device. (Nielson style de-coupler). I was under the impression that using a piston type decoupler on a fixed barrel would wreck the piston device.

I didn't know they could be mounted to fixed barrel firearms.

Interesting. My understanding was that the Osprey Cans have a built in piston device. (Nielson style de-coupler). I was under the impression that using a piston type decoupler on a fixed barrel would wreck the piston device.

I didn't know they could be mounted to fixed barrel firearms.

They sell a fixed barrel spacer (basically a piece of pipe that replaces the spring in the booster) that is used to take the "bounce" out of the can while on a weapon that doesn't need the nielson device to cycle. Pistols such as the 9mm Beretta M92 don't need the nielson device with some cans and use the fixed barrel spacer as well as 9mm ARs.

Eric