New K-var S12 hg's?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17621

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17620

SG-022_003web.jpg

Better sling point than the stock? maybe?

Listed as US made. Any other +1's for that thing?

edit---

NVM...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=57689&view=findpost&p=545509&hl=17621&fromsearch=1

My fault. Delete me...

Edited by jamesavery22

This is a superior way to mount the handguard to some aftermarket methods I have seen on the market. They should have when ahead and made it a shirt section of Picatinny rail as well, but you can't have everything.

I just got a retainer and the standard wood hand guards (RPK or AKM) will not work with it without mods. The hand guard retainer is much larger than the standard AK hand guard retainer. I was hoping it would work off the shelf, but you will have to shim the hand guard to make it work. Sure looks nice though.

Live pics, well sort of and not very good, but the shotty looks sweet :smoke: . And, Yes, that is one of them new fangled TAC-47 auto plug thingies :devil: . And no I haven't taken out the front bead :unsure: : :rolleyes:

DSC08459Small.jpg

DSC08458Small.jpg

DSC08457Small.jpg

DSC08456Small.jpg

DSC08455Small.jpg

DSC08452Small.jpg

DSC08460Small.jpg

DSC08460Small.jpg

Mounting threads are 10/32 for HG and the extra sling thing too (standard threaded sling stud. This HG is definitely worth the price. Might be able to add heat shield inside if you want (soda, beer can aluminum comes to mind) but not necessary for my purposes, yet.

:super: :super: :super:

Am I the only goofball that likes the stock hand guards.

I just can't dig these new ones from K-VAR.

I guess its because everybody else has one of these polymer sets out there and they all look so much alike its not even unique.

Sorry guys not trying to be wet towel......

Frosty

I guess its because everybody else has one of these polymer sets out there and they all look so much alike its not even unique.

Frosty

I know what you mean. I'm the same with rail systems, don't really care for 'em 'cause they all look the same to me. The stock HG's look pretty damn nice as they are, add some cooling slots and they're pretty damn sharp. But these KVAR HG's add a little angel of death to the mix << :anger: >> :beer: We need an angel of death smilie ASAP!!!

I just got a retainer and the standard wood hand guards (RPK or AKM) will not work with it without mods. The hand guard retainer is much larger than the standard AK hand guard retainer. I was hoping it would work off the shelf, but you will have to shim the hand guard to make it work. Sure looks nice though.

will an standard rpk handguard be easily mounted with a few mods?

will an standard rpk handguard be easily mounted with a few mods?

It shouldn't take much to fit an RPK lower, but the upper will need front and rear brackets and maybe some Dinzag magic. :zorro:

• 2 months later...

Hey Avatar, since you have the hand guard, do you see a way to add something like 2-3" rail anywhere on it? Like I mentioned in the link in the original post, I really like this forend and the only thing missing is a way to mount a light. And no, theres no way in hell I'm going with that kvar tri-rail thing that attaches in front of the grip.

also, if the hand-guard mount has a built-in sling mount on the left side, why do you use the original sling-mount/screw underneath? can't you use a normal screw?

Some of KVar's recent actions have not thrilled me to say the least. On multiple levels....

Give me a factory handguard, rifle handguard, or one of the tactical Russian handguards.... and I am in heaven. I like the factory stuff after I have bobbed it back to the gas block. Perfection.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can trim the top of one these to make work with an upperhandguard on a converted gastube?

The plastic it's made out of is very tough stuff. It's higher quality than the factory forearm IMO.

Now, I've been wondering since I put my factory back on and took the Kvar off, just to change things up. Will the handguard retainer work with standard AK lower handguards? I wouldn't mind being able to stick on some AK style handguards if I could find a way to change out the gas tube.

Frosty

I agree, I dig the original foregrip and shy away from all the Hip,Slick and tacti-cool gadjets as well. However, I do appreciate the utility minded concept in refferance to sling point location, and complete access to the gas tube adjustment. :rolleyes:

Edited by macaholic