Wood Furniture

Hey folks -

Does anyone have a resource or a reference for a provider of wood furniture for the Saiga 12?

I have seen several conversions using the wood furniture. Some include modifications to use the more traditional AK style furniture. I am looking for a complete set which could mount similar to the factory butt stock and handguard with a matching pistol grip.

Anyone providing these things at this time?

PM response is ok too.

Thanks.

russmilitary.com has a set like you are describing but it is pricey. I believe I remember seeing a past thread of members using the wood furniture from a 308 might try a search here to see if you can confirm that.

Hey folks -

Does anyone have a resource or a reference for a provider of wood furniture for the Saiga 12?

I have seen several conversions using the wood furniture. Some include modifications to use the more traditional AK style furniture. I am looking for a complete set which could mount similar to the factory butt stock and handguard with a matching pistol grip.

Anyone providing these things at this time?

PM response is ok too.

Thanks.

Russian Military is expensive and always sold out of everything......

You could try Rusmilitary, they make a very beautiful 3-piece wood set for the Saiga 12. It's very expensive though, over $200, but if you want to go all out, I'd say it's the "holy grail" of Saiga 12 wood.

Also, you could modify standard surplus AK wood furniture. The buttstock and pistol grip will slap right onto your converted Saiga-12. The lower handguard will need a little material removed from the inside of it, and a Saiga-12 handguard retainer. To find AK surplus wood, just hunt classifieds ads and gunbroker, it's usually very cheap, but most of the time it is very nasty and needs refinishing. You can make some really nice wood sets out of the surplus ones, and it's a lot easier to make a S-12 compliant with foreign wood as well.

Thanks for the information.

I looked at the rusmilitary website. You are correct - expensive and sold out. It was exactly what I was thinking. No modification required to mount the handguard.

I have thought about the regular AK furniture, but was hoping to mount similar to the handguard that shipped with the unit.

Any additional thoughts are welcomed.

I looked at the rusmilitary website. You are correct - expensive and sold out. It was exactly what I was thinking. No modification required to mount the handguard.

I have thought about the regular AK furniture, but was hoping to mount similar to the handguard that shipped with the unit.

But it sure is nice

Img_0416.jpg

But it sure is nice

Img_0416.jpg

Sure rub it in :cryss:

• 5 months later...

I am looking for the same thing for my conversion, but I want US made for 922r reasons, I have been in contact with Matt at ironwoood designs, and he said he is working on a pattern for a drop in fore end for the Saiga 12, I am waiting for it to be ready.

I have seen their FAL kits, nice stuff.

Anyone? I know there are members here with some lovely wood. What are your thoughts on it? How does it feel when you finally get your hands around some russian wood? :rolleyes:

My S12 is unconverted, and is made 922r compliant through replacement of the stock and foregrip with American made walnut. I got my set from Rhineland Arms. The buttstock is a thumbhole style, not a traditional shotgun stock. The buttstock slips right on an unconverted Saiga. The foregrip needed a tiny bit of material removed from the inside, which was easy to accomplish with a dremel and some sandpaper.

I am tied by family to NY State, even though I now live in the free state of Florida. I make sure that my favorite guns - the guns that refuse to sell - are, or can be, easily restored to a fascist-friendly form; so conversion isn't for me, unfortunately.. at least not until I get another S12.

I really like wood on the S12.. it makes the balance of the weapon excellent, and adds just enough weight to soak up some of the recoil, without being unduly heavy. I dig the look of wood, and loads of unused rail space annoys me so, this setup works well for me. I would prefer to convert and use a PSL style buttstock, but I'm happy with my Saiga the way it is.

It looks really nice but I'm on the fence about wood furniture. How does the experience compare? Is it heavier? Does it kick harder? How does it feel?

No more kick than plastic. It's definitely lighter than having all the quad rails and tactical doo-dads all over your shotgun.

• Like 1

It looks really nice but I'm on the fence about wood furniture. How does the experience compare? Is it heavier? Does it kick harder? How does it feel?

No more kick than plastic. It's definitely lighter than having all the quad rails and tactical doo-dads all over your shotgun.

+1 Certainly though, the S12 lends itself perfectly to the Tactical dress. There are many people here that desire and embrace that look.

+1 Certainly though, the S12 lends itself perfectly to the Tactical dress. There are many people here that desire and embrace that look.

I like both looks so I bought another Saiga.

• 3 weeks later...