Twister puck poll

I'm not trying to flame anyone, but from the searches and posts I've read by twister puck users, it seems the twister puck doesn't work for many. I'd like to hear from the other side of the fence from people that have had good function with their twister puck, and get an idea of what the fail to win ratio is.

I recently put a standard twister puck in my 4 hole, mid barrel port/brake gun and it would FTE federal about 50-60% The last time I ran the gun (with the factory puck) it ate 100 rounds of federal bulk pack with zero issues.

I'm going to try it again with the factory puck tomorrow with the brake off the barrel so I can more easily swap pucks around. If it eats 50 rounds I'll swap the pucks around and give the twister puck one last chance.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To clarify things, Big J had no problem with his Twister Pucs according to his PM to me. He did not want a replacement he simply wanted to trade them for a more expensive part the Talon Brake but was

WOW, i just seen this thread, and i am PISSED!!!! Jammer you sir are a flat out liar!!! you are full of shit!!!! I will post every single PM ive sent you and then we'll see who said what and when. Whe

pm letter as is!

Posted Images

I have a Medium Twister and cycling is fine. Then again, I have 3 over-sized 7/64 gas ports.

I would think your mid barrel port/brake acts like a short barrel and the efficiency of the gas systems drops off. Then you add the Twister puck and cycling gets unreliable. You may need larger gas ports to run the mid barrel port/brake and Twister combo.

If it works fine with the stock puck, that's not really a surprise. That's not any reason to lay blame on the Twister though. The Twister pucks will lose some gas efficiency, that's expected.

I bought a twister puck hoping it would help mine s-12 cycle better. First I have opened my ports up, polished the internals and had a reduced recoil spring installed. My gun still had some FTE issues. I installed the stock puck back in and it cycled great, infact it seemed a little over-gassed. I then reinstalled the stock recoil spring and still no FTE issues. I then tried the twister puck again, just to see what would happen. It would not cycle birdshot for crap. After switching back pucks I came to the conclusion that is had to be the twister puck cause that is the only thing I changed. I will NOT use the twister puck again. I hate saying anything bad about a product but if it don't work it don't work. My gun even cycles 1oz birdshot now.

I have a Medium Twister and cycling is fine. Then again, I have 3 over-sized 7/64 gas ports.

I would think your mid barrel port/brake acts like a short barrel and the efficiency of the gas systems drops off. Then you add the Twister puck and cycling gets unreliable. You may need larger gas ports to run the mid barrel port/brake and Twister combo.

If it works fine with the stock puck, that's not really a surprise. That's not any reason to lay blame on the Twister though. The Twister pucks will lose some gas efficiency, that's expected.

Absolutely the mid barrel port bleeds off a lot of pressure. I may end up opening ports, but not if I don't have to. If the gun runs federal 7-1/2 bulk pack 100% then there's no reason to mess with it.

As for the Twister puck losing gas efficiency; I did not expect it to do that. Not with the standard twister puck. I expected/hoped it would match the factory pucks performance and possibly run longer without fouling.

If you remove the mid barrel comp I'm guessing it's likely to have other issues, due to the multi porting in the barrel under the brake....or maybe not....

I've shot it without the comp on the gun before while I was opening up the holes. Not with the current size ports though so I'll keep that in mind.

Edited by hobbyshooter

I run the standard twisters in both SBS's and they work fine with Federal Valuepacks. The grooves give more time between cleanings as there is more room for the wad particles to fill up. However, I think the real key to easy wad clean up on any Saiga shotty is not to get them too hot. Once the FGB gets really hot the wad parts begin to melt and create a baked on mess. If you keep the mag dumps down to four or five at a time then let it cool the clean up is greatly reduced.

I have a S-410 that seemed over-gassed as it would throw the shells 25-30'. I installed a Magnum twister to it to see if it would help with reduce the over-gassing. It did. Basically what it created was a one number decrease in my gunfixer plug (what worked on #2 now works on #1). I need to play with this some more but the cost of .410 kinda kills it for me.

In my experience, (I bought 3 Twisterpucks last year when they were on sale as a package deal), the Twisterpuck design is really a solution in search of a problem. Sure, the grooves help keep a bit of the fouling out of the rest of the gas block, but while the Twisterpuck is relatively clean, it hinders cycling if anything, and does not help it.

This matters in some peoples' guns when firing certain low-brass loads. In other cases, (high-brass, or more reliable guns with low), it doesn't make a significant difference.

I've since gone back to the factory puck, which works just fine. I'd only replace it with a US-made one for compliance reasons, e.g. if I decided to use some foreign furniture on my S-12, (not likely).

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

The first time I used my Twister Puck was when I first got my MD drums. I was having issues with shells catching on the extractor slot that were unrelated to the puck and drums. My guns run well after a slot mod and I don't think the Twister would benefit me with the ammo I use, but I don't think it degraded the performance either. I prefer the standard design pucks just because they are easier to put in and take out.

i had alot of problems cycling low brass ammo, i put in a reduced power recoil spring, standard twister puck and gunfixr gas plug. it now cycles pretty much 100%. i dont think it was the puck that helped it but i also dont think it has hury reliability any. i have yet to try the factory puck since the change to see if theres any noticable diffrence. i will soon. i have a 3 port 2008 model gun bought new and havent messed with the gas block or ports at all. i have no problems with the twister puck and since it seems to work just fine so far i'll probably stick with it for now.

I'm not an expert but the theory of the twister puck is great. However in my experience it doesn't work in theory. After shooting quite a bit the powder gets caked to the grooves of the twister puck. After that happens it appears to be nothing different externally than a standard OEM gas puck. I've kept the twister in there because it's never faulted me, but at the same time it's confirmed that my OEM wouldn't either.

I second that. Ive been running the Standard Twister Puck and after one trip to the range the grooves will be so caked with debris that they may as well not be there. Once they cake up they may as well be a puck without grooves. I have to remove it and get a pick to pry out the groove shaped cake of carbon out of each groove.

• 4 weeks later...

E-TAC CNC INC. - GOGUN have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our products!

Due to manufacturing differences from the Izhmash factory a small amount of TwisterPucs may be too small or too big and could cause problems with cycling light loads. For those who have these problems, please contact us at info@gogun.us and we will send one that will fits your gas block at no charge!

A properly fitted (see instructions in package) TwisterPuc is guaranteed and will make your shotgun run better!

Aloha Esteban

WOW, just wow. i still want to know if the satisfaction guarantee includes MONEY BACK satisfaction guarantee? apparently there are alot of people NOT satisfied with the twister pucks. its not really a satisfaction guarantee if all you will do is replace it. replacing it isn't gonna make it work better for those having problems with it. if its guaranteed to make your gun run better and it don't then what exactly is guaranteed?

Edited by big-J
  • Like 1

WOW, just wow. i still want to know if the satisfaction guarantee includes MONEY BACK satisfaction guarantee? apparently there are alot of people NOT satisfied with the twister pucks. its not really a satisfaction guarantee if all you will do is replace it. replacing it isn't gonna make it work better for those having problems with it. if its guaranteed to make your gun run better and it don't then what exactly is guaranteed?

To quote the movie Tommy Boy:

Question: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Answer:

Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of [crap]. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I've got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from someone else.

Tommy Boy Guarantee.Wav

Edited by macgyverhk

My twister puck is in the mail today. But not going back from where it came...it is heading to Arizona for a warranty swap out from a competitor. What a great idea this Arizona guy had.... Swap out a competitors product with his under 100% warranty......Aloha that.

• Like 3

Sounds as though a couple of you aren't giving the company a chance to correct THEIR product as stated by the manufacturer because of the variances between different guns, one size fits most, fitting is something we've come to accept in other areas of the saiga design apparently you hold this <$20 part to a higher standard than some more expensive things like magazines.

Why don't you let the company make things right without losing your business? The point of a guaranty is to retain customers, so if your proposed solution is for them to take the part back and have you run a substitute from someone else, how's that going to work out for them?

As we all know (I hope) people who don't like something are more likely to vocalize it than those who appreciate a small part like this.

As for mine it seems to cycle the same as the standard puck, but keeps the carbon from building up as it would with the stock puck.

• Like 2

my saiga 12 is a sbs and was built about 4 years back and runs on 2 3/4" federal slugs or 3" buck and with slugs well it gets dirty, I originally used the KA puck and it cycled fine but would get dirty after a few hundred rounds so I bought and tried out the twister puck to try and see if it would be cleaner, to my surprise it jammed and it would stay just as dirty so I just tossed it and went back to the KA puck. the twister did not work for me but my saiga 12 is a slug gun and really it just is a dirty gun... but I love my S-12!

Sounds as though a couple of you aren't giving the company a chance to correct THEIR product as stated by the manufacturer because of the variances between different guns, one size fits most, fitting is something we've come to accept in other areas of the saiga design apparently you hold this <$20 part to a higher standard than some more expensive things like magazines.

Why don't you let the company make things right without losing your business? The point of a guaranty is to retain customers, so if your proposed solution is for them to take the part back and have you run a substitute from someone else, how's that going to work out for them?

As we all know (I hope) people who don't like something are more likely to vocalize it than those who appreciate a small part like this.

As for mine it seems to cycle the same as the standard puck, but keeps the carbon from building up as it would with the stock puck.

shipping is about half the price of the puck lucky for me I have the original saiga puck and the KA puck so if the KA puck gives me any issues I will go with the stock puck. I also just remembered that I have a aliance armament puck somewhere I hope I never find that thing!

Edited by lucifer

shipping is about half the price of the puck lucky for me I have the original saiga puck and the KA puck so if the KA puck gives me any issues I will go with the stock puck. I also just remembered that I have a aliance armament puck somewhere I hope I never find that thing!

Heh... I gave my AA puck away, and the new owner said it makes his work great.

Just goes to show that sometimes its hard to figure out just how many variables there are when making a modification to the gas system.