Twister puck poll

Sounds as though a couple of you aren't giving the company a chance to correct THEIR product as stated by the manufacturer because of the variances between different guns, one size fits most, fitting is something we've come to accept in other areas of the saiga design apparently you hold this <$20 part to a higher standard than some more expensive things like magazines.

Why don't you let the company make things right without losing your business? The point of a guaranty is to retain customers, so if your proposed solution is for them to take the part back and have you run a substitute from someone else, how's that going to work out for them?

As we all know (I hope) people who don't like something are more likely to vocalize it than those who appreciate a small part like this.

As for mine it seems to cycle the same as the standard puck, but keeps the carbon from building up as it would with the stock puck.

shipping is about half the price of the puck lucky for me I have the original saiga puck and the KA puck so if the KA puck gives me any issues I will go with the stock puck. I also just remembered that I have a aliance armament puck somewhere I hope I never find that thing!

What version of the TwisterPuc did you get? It sounds like you need the Magnum for better cleaning. Let me know and I will get one to you free of charge and make sure that you get positive results.

• Like 1
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To clarify things, Big J had no problem with his Twister Pucs according to his PM to me. He did not want a replacement he simply wanted to trade them for a more expensive part the Talon Brake but was

WOW, i just seen this thread, and i am PISSED!!!! Jammer you sir are a flat out liar!!! you are full of shit!!!! I will post every single PM ive sent you and then we'll see who said what and when. Whe

pm letter as is!

Posted Images

The one I had is just like the one on the bottom right in your sig. I had bought it on gunbroker, I don't think it was from you directly but someone who had a few for sale, if you want to ship a later version out to me I will try it out and let you know if it works a little better, but like I said before it is a slug gun and because of the soft 1 oz lead slugs it gets dirty.

LOL....that is true and funny at the same time.

Indeed it is sir.

I just got my KA puck in the mail, went to my saiga to remove the twister puck for comparison and upon closer inspection i realized my twister puck is starting to rust!!! thats not cool at all!

i will be comparing the two in the next few days and report back with my findings. this will not be scientific or very thorough as i cant afford much ammo but i will determine which one works better in my gun(if either works better than the other) if not it will be stated that no difference was noticed.

i can understand the mods having to protect the sponsors who pay money to sell there products here from other companies trying to take there business but this guy was not trying to sell anything, only offering to exchange FOR FREE, peoples twister pucks who were unsatisfied with them. he was pretty harsh in some of the things he said but then again if i thought somebody copied my design i would be too!!!

Edited by big-J

Oh in defense of the boys here....I was the Super Mod of a hot rod forum that had over 50,000 members. Lord help me....I did it for about 2 years and quit. It is a thankless job man.

Back on topic though......Rust? That aint good. What did you clean it with? Salt water?

yeah your right i guess it is a thankless job.

NO i haven't cleaned it with anything, it hasn't even seen enought rounds to really need cleaning. last time i shot i took it out and removed some crud from the grooves with a pick. Ive had it out quite a few times in the past 2 weeks handling and looking at it but i have not got anything on it whatso ever. i also have not wipped it off after handling lately. theres no rust inside the gas block anywhere and it is VERY clean in there. i think it has litterally started to rust from handling it too much!!

Sounds as though a couple of you aren't giving the company a chance to correct THEIR product as stated by the manufacturer because of the variances between different guns, one size fits most, fitting is something we've come to accept in other areas of the saiga design apparently you hold this <$20 part to a higher standard than some more expensive things like magazines.

Why don't you let the company make things right without losing your business? The point of a guaranty is to retain customers, so if your proposed solution is for them to take the part back and have you run a substitute from someone else, how's that going to work out for them?

As we all know (I hope) people who don't like something are more likely to vocalize it than those who appreciate a small part like this.

As for mine it seems to cycle the same as the standard puck, but keeps the carbon from building up as it would with the stock puck.

Because this guy has a long history of screwing over his customers and/or poor business practices. Do your research on this site. Or lets just open a new thread asking everyone that has had problems with E-Tac - Estaban - GoGun - Jammer... to tell their stories.

Hopefully the records of his dealings and the members' past complaints have have not been cleaned up by the administrators, as Etac - Jammer - Gogun :zorro: ... is a vender here. What ever business name he is using, there remains plenty other venders here now that produce quality parts and have the customer service to back them up. I support every other vender here on Saiga 12, but I will never send another cent to this guy.

Why would you want something that resembles a side mill cutter 14a_fig3.jpgtwisting around in your irreplaceable front sight / gas block?

How does stainless steal rust? It is either not stainless or some other metal shavings are rusting. Is there another explaination?

Edited by macgyverhk
  • Like 2

not to argue but what exactly do you consider "adverse conditions"? because i haven't done anything to my twister puck but take it out and wipe the crud off with my fingers. unless you consider excessive handling as adverse conditions than i don't know what is wrong with my twister b/c you cant tell me this is not rust and i can promise you NOTHING has been done to it. hell i haven't even had it 2 months! look at my join date i bought my first S-12 a week or 2 after joining and the twister another week or 2 later. about a month ago i took it out and wiped as much of the black off as i could with my fingers and set it on my dresser.(it could have been rusted then i didn't look closely, it just looked dirty) I left it out a couple days and while it was out i picked it up a few times to examine and fondle it. i put it back in w/out ever wiping it with anything besides my fingers. only to get it out again to look at it when this topic came up. thats when i did the same and wiped the black off with my fingers but this time there was RUST underneath it. i have shot a few Rio bucks, estate slugs and Remington and Federal bird shot. THATS IT maybe 2-300 rds TOTAL with this puck. like i said the gun is almost new. now i don't know about you but i don't consider anything Ive done with this puck to be "adverse conditions" SO WHY DID IT RUST? i get that you will replace it, thats good to know but i want to know why it rusted under completely normal conditions and very little use?

post-3-067607700 1287243141_thumb.jpg post-3-013848200 1287243140_thumb.jpg

ETA, I *believe* that this puck rusted b/c of a combination of me handling alot and sitting out in my bedroom. it must be humid in here b/c ive had other cheap metal tarnish and rust sittin out in the open in my room over time. also i would like to add i have nothing against E-tac or the owner/owners. i bought the puck from CSS and have never dealt with E-tac ever. i have not done anything to that puck other than what i stated and am not out to make the puck or E-tac look bad. i am simply sharing my experience as this site is intended for sharing experiences BUT that IS RUST and there were NO ADVERSE CONDITIONS that would cause a HIGH QUALITY stainless to rust. i have a cheap stainless PT1911 sittin out in here for months and it looks great, so.......???

not to argue but what exactly do you consider "adverse conditions"? because i haven't done anything to my twister puck but take it out and wipe the crud off with my fingers. unless you consider excessive handling as adverse conditions than i don't know what is wrong with my twister b/c you cant tell me this is not rust and i can promise you NOTHING has been done to it. hell i haven't even had it 2 months! look at my join date i bought my first S-12 a week or 2 after joining and the twister another week or 2 later. about a month ago i took it out and wiped as much of the black off as i could with my fingers and set it on my dresser.(it could have been rusted then i didn't look closely, it just looked dirty) I left it out a couple days and while it was out i picked it up a few times to examine and fondle it. i put it back in w/out ever wiping it with anything besides my fingers. only to get it out again to look at it when this topic came up. thats when i did the same and wiped the black off with my fingers but this time there was RUST underneath it. i have shot a few Rio bucks, estate slugs and Remington and Federal bird shot. THATS IT maybe 2-300 rds TOTAL with this puck. like i said the gun is almost new. now i don't know about you but i don't consider anything Ive done with this puck to be "adverse conditions" SO WHY DID IT RUST? i get that you will replace it, thats good to know but i want to know why it rusted under completely normal conditions and very little use?

100_0275.jpg

100_0274.jpg

ETA, I *believe* that this puck rusted b/c of a combination of me handling alot and sitting out in my bedroom. it must be humid in here b/c ive had other cheap metal tarnish and rust sittin out in the open in my room over time. also i would like to add i have nothing against E-tac or the owner/owners. i bought the puck from CSS and have never dealt with E-tac ever. i have not done anything to that puck other than what i stated and am not out to make the puck or E-tac look bad. i am simply sharing my experience as this site is intended for sharing experiences BUT that IS RUST and there were NO ADVERSE CONDITIONS that would cause a HIGH QUALITY stainless to rust. i have a cheap stainless PT1911 sittin out in here for months and it looks great, so.......???

That could be one of our early 416 ss Pucs, 17-4 will not do that. I will send you a complet set, just pm me your address and we will get it them to you.

Because this guy has a long history of screwing over his customers and/or poor business practices. Do your research on this site. Or lets just open a new thread asking everyone that has had problems with E-Tac - Estaban - GoGun - Jammer... to tell their stories.

Hopefully the records of his dealings and the members' past complaints have have not been cleaned up by the administrators, as Etac - Jammer - Gogun :zorro: ... is a vender here. What ever business name he is using, there remains plenty other venders here now that produce quality parts and have the customer service to back them up. I support every other vender here on Saiga 12, but I will never send another cent to this guy...

+1

I gotta agree with this. Imo, every part/service E-Tac/GoGun offers is inferior to those offered by other companies that specialize in Saiga-12s. Of course, everyone's free to spend their money however they please, but E-Tac/GoGun won't get any more of mine.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Hopefully the records of his dealings and the members' past complaints have have not been cleaned up by the administrators, as Etac - Jammer - Gogun :zorro: ... is a vender here. What ever business name he is using, there remains plenty other venders here now that produce quality parts and have the customer service to back them up. I support every other vender here on Saiga 12, but I will never send another cent to this guy...

+1

I gotta agree with this. Imo, every part/service E-Tac/GoGun offers is inferior to those offered by other companies that specialize in Saiga-12s. Of course, everyone's free to spend their money however they please, but E-Tac/GoGun won't get any more of mine.

ymmv.

BS, our products are the top rated and top selling products most durable and most replicated. Thats why we are still in the business. If we spent all our time with this market we would take it over completly, but it is a very small market!

I'm glad you like your own company. ^_^ I was gonna go back and slightly rephrase my previous post.. cause that did come off a little harsher than I intended. Let's just say I prefer other companies' parts and services and don't think E-Tac/GoGun is anything special, (not necessarily inferior, though).

I did think of one part you guys make that's pretty cool.. your bolt-on trigger guards.

Anyway, it's just one guy's opinion.

I just received a few pucks from them, even after they knew I tossed the one I had and I had only 1. I will be testing it out to see how it runs and hope it runs well, again my saiga 12 is a dirty gun since it it a slug gun so we will see how it likes this puck I believe the one they sent me is the magnum puck? I will call you to verify and or you can post what you guys sent me...

I noticed one of the three pucks looks like the one I had so it might be a regular twister puck and the magnums?

Edited by lucifer

Sent my twister puck in to a competitor (the original replacement puck company)last Thursday for their warranty offer. Received my free replacement puck yesterday.Dropped it in and walked out on the back porch and emptied the MD Arms drum. Same gas setting as when I had the twister puck in. Throwing shells over the BBQ Pit. With the twister puck the spent shells would bounce off the BBQ Pit. Now I stand in the exact same place as a cedar post is cemented in and I use it to lean the gun against. Take from this whatever you wish. Just an observation.

Side note: I have a 3 year old Golden Retriever....he fetches the spent shells and brings them all back and piles them up on the porch. He cannot stand those spent shells laying on the ground.Never had a dog fetch shotgun shells before :)

I just received a few pucks from them' date=' even after they knew I tossed the one I had and I had only 1. I will be testing it out to see how it runs and hope it runs well, again my saiga 12 is a dirty gun since it it a slug gun so we will see how it likes this puck I believe the one they sent me is the magnum puck? I will call you to verify and or you can post what you guys sent me...

I noticed one of the three pucks looks like the one I had so it might be a regular twister puck and the magnums? [/quote']

Yeah I shoot slugs myself. Just a unsolicited suggestion from an old man here.....you may want to try Ballistol ....as a final step in your cleaning process. Stuff really coats and protects and significantly reduces the lead/crap/stuff sticking in your gun going forward. It really reduces the cleanup effort.

I can't use my puck anymore because I can't get it in the gun. I have shot a few thousand rounds through this, but still should not have this problem. I had to actually tap it out with a hammer and an extended socket arm. I have a mic here and you can see the light ring where the threading started digging into the twister puck where it was too big. The part where the lettering is I'd say slightly mushroomed (as in the outer 1/5 of the puck face is slightly higher than the other 4/5's (where the piston hits)). There is definitely a slight indentation. Well, I measured the edge where the lettering is and it reads .820 in diameter and the part that wouldn't fit in the gun reads .840. I didn't think the .020 would make a difference but I guess it does. Here are some pics:

cimg2975l.jpg

cimg2976h.jpg

cimg2977.jpg

This edge looks mushroomed to me.

Measure that end holding the mic like you did in the second 11:02 image (of Jan 5, 2007 lol ) and rotate the puck around measuring the OD at 3 to 5 different points. I'd bet you'll see a wide variety of OD because the puck is egg shaped.

The face in that second 11:02 image looks like it's been beat up too. Like the puck was installed backwards at some point.

post-9800-002920500 1288011421_thumb.jpg

Edited by hobbyshooter
  • 1 month later...

I bought the standard twister puck, I think. It was an early model.

I honestly didn't have issues before I installed it and didn't notice any issues AFTER I installed it. I just wanted a 922 part. Having said that, I suppose my gas block might be a tad easier to clean than with a stock puck, though I always have a harder time getting the twister puck to clear the threads on the GB to remove or install it. Often times I have to use a cleaning rod or something through the gas tube to tap it out.

I noticed there is more of an indentation where it contacts the piston than the OEM puck ever had. Not like a huge gouge (yet anyway), but it's there.

Edited by Corbin

I bought the standard twister puck, I think. It was an early model.

I honestly didn't have issues before I installed it and didn't notice any issues AFTER I installed it. I just wanted a 922 part. Having said that, I suppose my gas block might be a tad easier to clean than with a stock puck, though I always have a harder time getting the twister puck to clear the threads on the GB to remove or install it. Often times I have to use a cleaning rod or something through the gas tube to tap it out.

I noticed there is more of an indentation where it contacts the piston than the OEM puck ever had. Not like a huge gouge (yet anyway), but it's there.

that indentation is mushrooming, check page 2 of this thread, eventually you will have to beat it out of your GB and then it wont go back in. Also you'll notice on page 2 my twister puck has rusted, i was told on Oct. 15 i believe that i would recieve a free twister set, I have still to this date, not received anything from Etac and that includes a PM response or email response. the guy just said that in the thread to make himself look good and has since refused to respond to me. SCrew ETAC, and there crappy knock off of the KIngs Armory puck, if you want a puck that actually cleans and improves function go with a King armory puck. Not sure if they still are but there were swapping twisters for there pucks free of charge awhile back, just to prove their puck works better!! and it does!!

ETA, ive been waiting since mid oct to write a review comparing the twister standard to the KA puck, when Etac said they were gonna send a whole set as a replacement i decided to wait so i could test all variations of the twister, well im still waiting on that. So I suppose i'll post my non scientific findings since there obviously not sending me squat and ive run out of money for testing ammo. to put it simply the KIngs Armory puck performed much better than the twister, ejecting the shells just a tad further plus keeping the GB just as clean. also there are no channels to have to scrape residue out of like the twister. I fired about 500 rounds. 250 with each puck and while this isnt a torture test it was deff. enough to show me that the twister puck lacks in performance due to bleeding gas through the channels. It seems to cycle better once is gunked up, but it becomes a pain to get out! befor openig my ports, the twister would FTE every couple rounds with the factory spring, not so with the KA puck. after opening my ports both pistons seems to work with slight advantage to the KA puck for giving better ejection. I tested vairous low brass rounds and pretty much got the same resulst. If you need an aftermarket plug stick with Kingarmory

Edited by big-J
  • Like 2